X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    In your opinion sweetie. The beauty of personal taste
    Of course.
    All of us are posting our personal/subjective opinions, not facts. I think that's pretty clear

Comment

• I found imperfect a bit odd if I’m honest.
      She throws in some random “baby, baby, baby” background moments at the end but it’s not a love song. Who’s she calling baby?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think one of the things I love most about Caution is that it is grown and sexy - the lyrics are slick and she seems to be free. It's a simple thing, but even the explicit lyrics made it feel more contemporary. She also didn't try to overdo it. By that, I mean, there weren't too many bells and whistles or overly complicated lyrics. I love her ten pound thesaurus words, but the lyrics on the album are more accessible and witty.

There also seemed to be some experimental sounds (for MC). You could tell that she was really open to new producers and writers turning work by Poo Bear, Dev Hynes, Skrillex, etc into something rhythmic.

Perhaps the time crunch helped her a lot. It didnt allow her to pick the work apart too much and she finished it in a concentrated period of time. All of that showed pretty well on the album in terms of its cohesive lyrical content and production.
        you nailed it!

Comment

I would almost prefer getting some of the pepsi ringtones as an EP - even as jingles and not full songs! They are catchier to me and fun.
          I'm sure those ringtones - at least some of them - are full songs (maybe unfinished?).

I would trade Time Of Your Life (in full) for Skydiving, that's huge BOP

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I'm sure those ringtones - at least some of them - are full songs (maybe unfinished?).

I would trade Time Of Your Life (in full) for Skydiving, that's huge BOP
            Not sure.

I think the way MC works means there are limited number of "new songs" that are brought to completion in her vault.

There may be demos and different takes but I think she very rarely shelves fully completed songs. That being said, even demos could be gems.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
              I found imperfect a bit odd if I’m honest.
              The lyrics on the bridge

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                I found imperfect a bit odd if I’m honest.
                She throws in some random “baby, baby, baby” background moments at the end but it’s not a love song. Who’s she calling baby?
                Never noticed them. Must re- listen. I love the raw sounding climax.

Edit - OH yeah they are totally random lol but I am sure she would have refined that for the final version

I would still listen to this over Obsessed any day of the week !!

Last edited by InFamous; Thu February 18, 2021, 16:29.
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Not sure.

I think the way MC works means there are limited number of "new songs" that are brought to completion in her vault.

There may be demos and different takes but I think she very rarely shelves fully completed songs. That being said, even demos could be gems.
                  i want her to record the Angels Cry song she did with the co-writer of With You that she mentioned in the Genius review.

Comment

Give me all the demos and raw takes and I will enjoy them as much - if not more - as full/polished versions.

The demos are the real gems for me!

Comment

• I wonder if in Mariah's reimagination of songs if that could mean her releasing songs to producers to remix (with her), like Kygo?
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• How sexy is this song in Spanish tho

Better vocals on the OG but I think her voice sounds sexier here.

Comment

• Since we’re not getting MOAIA week I wonder if she’ll release the video for the extended WBT

Comment

• I hadn't heard Imperfect before! I love it, but it definitely sounds unfinished. It would be really cool if they added some extra umpf to it and made it sound more current. I wish they had done that to Cool on You too. It's such a good song but I wish it sounded just a bit stronger and fuller (though I understand that the Rarities songs were kind of released "as is").

Comment

• Deleted post
                              Last edited by markwalde; Thu February 18, 2021, 19:48. Reason: sorry!

Comment

• I just came to say that 100% is one of the best songs she did during the MOAIA era, if not the best. Yesterday I saw the music video and it worked really well with the Olympics thing. It's a shame it is kind of forgotten even among the lambily.
                                http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Comment

• I love 100% 'cause #vocals.

Comment

I love 100% 'cause #vocals.
                                      I think it had potential, but I found the production after the piano intro to be just a copy of Bye Bye

Comment

• I loved “Imperfect” because of the lyrics

I would love a release of it too, but without the auto-tune, but, I would much rather get a finished “Skydiving” if she chooses to revisit since it’s much more of an earworm and sounds futuristic yet timeless

Skydiving has the potential to be a single, especially if she adds a bridge in the middle, or just a guest rap, and an outro, she could also make dem first verse whisper vocals more clear or or just re-record them like the second verse since her vocals are definitely as good now if not better than they were in 2009

Comment

How sexy is this song in Spanish tho

Better vocals on the OG but I think her voice sounds sexier here.
                                          Bish was showcasing her inner Nuñez side in her Spanish songs. And yes, her voice has that added spice whenever she sings in Spanish. Viva! Maria Nuñez!
                                          Last edited by Mckenry; Thu February 18, 2021, 18:05.

Comment

• Imperfect, 100% and Skydiving... hope they are included on Angels Advocate and I'd be so happy when they finally see the light on Spotify.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Late Night EP

Dream Version, guitar solos and or flourishes mandatory!

1. Sent From Up Above
                                              2. Melt Away
                                              3. Breakdown or The Roof w/ guitar solo
                                              4. WBT (LNV Extended)
                                              5. Candy Bling
                                              6. Dedicated
                                              7. Giving Me Life (semitone or two up so she can do mid voice with dem big belts!)

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                Imperfect, 100% and Skydiving... hope they are included on Angels Advocate and I'd be so happy when they finally see the light on Spotify.
                                                You can stream 100 Percent everywhere since it was released

#Skydiving
                                                Last edited by allygdale; Thu February 18, 2021, 18:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                                                  OMG are the Spotify numbers right, in that WBT extended version only got 1,177 streams?? I didn't expect millions but... a bit more?? I hope they add it to this Friday's new releases playlists!
                                                  All I gotta say is she needs to find someone at Roc Nation who used to work for or works with Spotify, they are going to be a necessary partner and promotional vehicle for all future releases

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

You can stream 100 Percent everywhere since it was released
                                                    Unfortunately not here in the Netherlands.
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X