No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no doubt that Mariah wants a Grammy despite what she says. Or else she would've never showed up in a way she did for the 2006 Grammies. She was clearly hopeful but they foiled her yet again.

She was obviously bitter after the 1996 Grammies, who wouldn't be. But it's like one of those things you hate them for their tactics but they are still the music authority that the general public looks to (not everyone is musically industry aware). Billboard is the same....you hate them for their tactics (i.e. allow website sales, digial sales to weigh so heavily to allow such Flutter songs from hitting the #1..etc) but if you want a #1 that's the one that counts amongst them all. It's because of the huge pedigree and history.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      I love Music Box. I'm actually listening to it right now. I own 2 copies of the album on CD and I'm planning on getting the Vinyl soon.
      I listened to it this morning. It's not an album I turn on to play back to front but I did enjoy the play today.

There are a lot of standouts here, including Now That I Know and Never Forget You.

All I've Ever Wanted was a beautiful closing song.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Stevvy you surely would be happy with this.....

Music Box became Carey's best-seller in Europe, topping the charts in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Portugal, Scotland, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. In Germany, it became her highest-charting album, spending eighty weeks on the German Albums Chart, eleven of which were spent at number one. Germany's sales of the album were also very impressive, with a certification of double-Platinum by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), for shipments of one million copies.[38][39] In the United Kingdom, Music Box remains Carey's highest seller, topping the UK Albums Chart for six non-consecutive weeks and being certified seven-times Platinum. It became a million-selling album in France, receiving a Diamond certification and topping the French Album Charts. Sales in France have been estimated at 1,418,100.[40] Music Box was certified six-times Platinum in the Netherlands, where it spent 12 non-consecutive weeks at number one.[41]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_...ah_Carey_album)

Comment

• Let's take a momment to appreciate the aesthetic of Music Box.

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
            Stevvy you surely would be happy with this.....

Music Box became Carey's best-seller in Europe, topping the charts in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Portugal, Scotland, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. In Germany, it became her highest-charting album, spending eighty weeks on the German Albums Chart, eleven of which were spent at number one. Germany's sales of the album were also very impressive, with a certification of double-Platinum by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), for shipments of one million copies.[38][39] In the United Kingdom, Music Box remains Carey's highest seller, topping the UK Albums Chart for six non-consecutive weeks and being certified seven-times Platinum. It became a million-selling album in France, receiving a Diamond certification and topping the French Album Charts. Sales in France have been estimated at 1,418,100.[40] Music Box was certified six-times Platinum in the Netherlands, where it spent 12 non-consecutive weeks at number one.[41]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_...ah_Carey_album)

Actually, the album is estimated for having sold 1,4 million copies in the country. Almost triple platinum. I hope that it can be re-certified at some point. In the early 2000s... it was sold as a box set with Butterfly.. and I got another copy from a supermarket where it was sold. I believe it was Lidl - which is one of the most prominent discounters in Europe. The album was certified 2xP in 1994.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
              Touch My Body is really that girl. Nothing sounds like it… Issa bop! Not to mention the lyrics are genius. Her and The-Dream did that
              Well.. that choppy piano is very common although I do love the song. Usher has a similar song with the lyrics Touch my body in it

And YES stevyy totally agree about For the Record, should have been a single ​​​​​​​
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Can someone who knows German translate this please. Can't even hear what Mimi has to say. Something about shutting down the hatters for why she's sold so many albums.

BTW this is totally new Daydream Tour footage i haven't seen.....i like her in that dress and hair, commands attention.

Comment

• “Touch My Body” is very Prince, “Do Me Baby,” same with “Last Kiss,” very Purple Rain, same with that Ursher song

Comment

• The verses >>>

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                      The verses >>>
                      And the adlibs!

Comment

• TMB is catchy af

Comment

• TBM is that bish.
                          Everything about it is just perfection.
                          Verses are fiyah. Lyrics witty af.

Love it.
                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Maybe they wanted to get her there and then snub her But yeah who knows how they work really. Personally I think Mariah is over the Grammys at this stage, I am not sure she would even want to attend if she were to be nominated.
                            To be fair all the categories she lost the ones who won deserved more than her. She still was one of the most nominated, and she was going against mostly Billie Eelish who won almost in every category. And after that she still got a lot of nominations and won this year with Lady Gaga collab.
                            my point is doesn’t matter if you talk trash about them but if you’re Mariah Carey they will snub no matter what if she kiss their a$$es or not

Comment

• Yas for the TMB appreciation.
                              Recently I got my friends addicted to Mariah since he fell in love with TMB, saying it is a masterpiece. I almost smacked him for saying Migrate is bad, but after a ew days, he listened to it nonstop lol.
                              TMB is the IT-song, and this is a known fact since both legends Prince and Aretha Franklin showed it some love.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                Yas for the TMB appreciation.
                                Recently I got my friends addicted to Mariah since he fell in love with TMB, saying it is a masterpiece. I almost smacked him for saying Migrate is bad, but after a ew days, he listened to it nonstop lol.
                                TMB is the IT-song, and this is a known fact since both legends Prince and Aretha Franklin showed it some love.
                                Mariah made that pop perfection addictive. I think it was the perfect single to start the era. I don’t know why people thought migrate should’ve been the lead, it’s too urban. It could’ve been the perfect 2nd single tho

Comment

Well.. that choppy piano is very common although I do love the song. Usher has a similar song with the lyrics Touch my body in it
                                  For me, the Usher song sounds more like The Beautiful Ones than TMB sounding like the Usher song.
                                  funny how one can learn
                                  to grow numb to the madness
                                  and block it away

Comment

• I'm surprised fantasy isn1t doing better even with free guy and the remastered 4K

Comment

• TMB is such a bop. Actually all of E=MC2 is so fresh and catchy. I listen to it more than TEOM now that I think about it.

Also, can we show some love for So Lonely (One and Only pt 2)? Production is so fire.
                                      http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                        I'm surprised fantasy isn1t doing better even with free guy and the remastered 4K
                                        Thank you! I was thinking I must be too spoiled. Even with Spotify, the song went from lower 100K’s to lower 200k’s in a week after the movie came out and I thought the trend would continue straight up. But I’m sure it will still continue to improve as more people watch it…

Comment

And YES stevyy totally agree about For the Record, should have been a single
                                          Sounds NOTHING like TMB

Comment

• Omg Last Kiss sounds 1000x better in a lower key.

Comment

• Such an underrated performance. So many attempts made here and there and she sounds so healthy especially in ABMB.

Comment

• My favorites on MB are Music Box and Anytime You Need A Friend

Comment

• A 10 year old sang Without You last night on America's Got Talent

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• 02:44 "No No No No I "
                                                    That kid is used to watch Madison square garden live lol

Comment

Working...
                                                    X