No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love to see Mimi in that Janet docu. Surely they hanged around a lot in the 00s when she was dating JD. Something to look forward in january after Mariah month <3
    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

I dont find it strange. If you realise that the album came out among the 9/11 do you find appropiate to promote Loverboy? Cos i dont
      Loverboy was released on June though. But it's no wonder she didn't performed it since she was going through a lot with her personal struggles and promoting the movie.

Comment

• Have you guys ever heard this guy's remixes? Seriously made me fall in love with Mariah's songs all over again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pObPJhpUlk

Comment

• Finally the full segment. I love watching them together.

Comment

• What year is this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTfx5yCK...dium=copy_link
            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
              I’m not ready for Xmasriah again… It feels like just yesterday. I want new original non-holiday related music. I guess next year. I love Mariah, and I’m a big fan, but the xmas thing becomes a bit tiresome. She is so much more… obviously I realize it makes sense business wise, and is a big part of her brand nowadays.

Comment

• I think it’s the most beautiful her hair ever looked

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                  Love to see Mimi in that Janet docu. Surely they hanged around a lot in the 00s when she was dating JD. Something to look forward in january after Mariah month <3
                  Her second documentary this year. The first for Busta, now this.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Loverboy was released on June though. But it's no wonder she didn't performed it since she was going through a lot with her personal struggles and promoting the movie.
                    She went to the mental health institution by July. After Loverboy and before recording something for NTF. She got exhsusted after Loverboy video recording in the desert

Comment

• I can only imagine had the glitter era gone to plan how huge her star power would have gone!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                        I can only imagine had the glitter era gone to plan how huge her star power would have gone!
                        But maybe then we wouldn't have gotten The Emacipation era, where she was so determined to succeed
                        Israeli Lamb here.
                        I love Mariah, but I also love the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmDaniel View Post

But maybe then we wouldn't have gotten The Emacipation era, where she was so determined to succeed
                          But there wouldn't necessarily be a "need" for the era since she would just be continuing with huge releases as expected.

Imagine the absolute domination had Glitter blown up at the box office and the soundtrack simultaneously topping the music charts. But I'm a dreamer

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

But there wouldn't necessarily be a "need" for the era since she would just be continuing with huge releases as expected.

Imagine the absolute domination had Glitter blown up at the box office and the soundtrack simultaneously topping the music charts. But I'm a dreamer
                            You got the right to dream lol
                            Israeli Lamb here.
                            I love Mariah, but I also love the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                              I’m not ready for Xmasriah again… It feels like just yesterday. I want new original non-holiday related music. I guess next year. I love Mariah, and I’m a big fan, but the xmas thing becomes a bit tiresome. She is so much more… obviously I realize it makes sense business wise, and is a big part of her brand nowadays.
                              It feels extra jarring this year because we haven't seen or heard much from Mariah since last Christmas. Yes we've had the odd contact through Twitter and the WBT release in February plus Somewhat Loved. But this has been the quietest she has been for years. We've always had non Xmas projects or tours to keep us talking during the year so Christmas didn't feel like the only contact we have with Mariah.

I do really hope she has used this time to record her next studio album for release in Q2 or Q3 of 2022. I'd gladly take a quiet year like this if it meant there was something guaranteed next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                Finally the full segment. I love watching them together.

my 2 soulmate artists. aww. Whitney was so unique in everything she did. Seeing them together, makes me incredibly happy.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Mariah / Whitney / Janet should have made a movie together... something like Waiting to Exhale... only with those 3 in it and some hot men and a cute plot... (maybe a b!tch fight, but with a happy ending). <3
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

It feels extra jarring this year because we haven't seen or heard much from Mariah since last Christmas. Yes we've had the odd contact through Twitter and the WBT release in February plus Somewhat Loved. But this has been the quietest she has been for years. We've always had non Xmas projects or tours to keep us talking during the year so Christmas didn't feel like the only contact we have with Mariah.

I do really hope she has used this time to record her next studio album for release in Q2 or Q3 of 2022. I'd gladly take a quiet year like this if it meant there was something guaranteed next year.
                                    I get the sense she has been working on the Christmas special and songs for that this year. That may be the lamb reality going forward unfortunately. If she has done any non Christmas stuff maybe like one or two tracks the most, but even the 9 minute thing could be Christmas related for all we know.

Comment

• my tik tok video for thirsty
                                      https://www.tiktok.com/@gorgonzola_8...&is_copy_url=0

Comment

• I am wondering whether the paperback release of her memoir will result in new interviews or a virtual book tour?

So far promo plans include social media but let's see if it is updated in any way.

Comment

• *FanFic theory* #MultiverseOfGlitter

If Loverboy hadnt been sabotaged and been released on its original form, it would have performed decently. A nice top 5 in the US (for real, unlike the fake #2 it actually had) and a tad better performance worldwide. I wonder if the concept for the video would have been different as well, but it would have certainly feature some rapper on its album version (and perhaps the Candy sample could have been used for a remix and the version that weve grown to love could have just been the remix).

Ater that, Never Too Far would have been a minor hit (kind of like Butterfly) and from that, the era could have just tanked after the film bombing or Virgin could have reworked and remixed some single to try and push it even further.

Overall, Glitter would have continued the decreasing commercial progression from Butterfly-Rainbow and after that underperformance, she could have either gone back to a more MOR sound or go full hip-hop for her follow-up project. Charmbracelet and TEOM wouldnt have been possible in this narrative since there wouldnt be a reason for them: CB - a mistake to erase and TEOM - a reinvindication of her so-called demise. She could have had a 00s decade closer to Celine/Mary J with more hits, mostly minor, and a good R&B ballad achieving "Be Without You" success but nothing as massive as WBT.

All I Want for Christmas is You would have still happened but perhaps without the quircks and over-the-topness that makes it so unique.

Comment

• BTW, I heavily support a universe in which Charmbracelet and Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel didnt happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                              BTW, I heavily support a universe in which Charmbracelet and Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel didnt happen.
                                              charmbracelet is amazing

Comment

• Charmbracelet is great, it just needs better vocals.

Comment

Charmbracelet is great, it just needs better vocals.
                                                  Funny thing her voice was in a really good shape but it was a personal choice to restrain and mostly whisper. I think the album also missed at least one really strong commercial banger. Cause basically all songs are great as album cuts but not single material

Comment

• We love Godbracelet

and she looked like a human Barbie doll during that era

Comment

Working...
                                                    X