No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched Free Guy and Fantasy didn't just play an important role but Mariah Carey the artist as well. Gotta love Ryan for adding her and the song to the story. Aside from Guy and Zohan, do we have any other movie characters who are blatant MC fan?
    Last edited by carey18ph; Tue September 7, 2021, 18:03.
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
      I just watched Free Guy and Fantasy didn't just play an important role but Mariah Carey the artist as well. Gotta love Ryan for adding her and the song to the story. Aside from Guy and Zohan, do we have any other movie characters who are blatant MC fan?
      Schitt's Creek. She was a silent character throughout the show's entire 5 season run.

Hilarious, she was also mentioned quite a few times on the original run of Will & Grace (in a derogatory way though).
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Funny thing her voice was in a really good shape but it was a personal choice to restrain and mostly whisper. I think the album also missed at least one really strong commercial banger. Cause basically all songs are great as album cuts but not single material
        I wonder if she has other takes from this era like what we got from All In Your Mind

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I love the Charmy album. MSG alone is worth everything. BOTH is like one of my favourite covers ever. I jam to YHYC as well as IOW. <3

I want There goes my hard on streaming services NOW
          My Chart

Comment

• Looking forward to Christmas soooooooooooo much!
            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• "Somewhat Loved" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

My dream would be to hear an album of Mariah's "Histrionic Vocal" versions of her songs, using her outtake vocals. We know that the producers and Tommy made her sing more vanilla on her songs, to make it more mainstream (didn't Walter or someone say that Mariah wanted to sing "Hero" more in vein of her MSG performance or with over the top vocal runs but Tommy made her sing it more vanilla?). It would be a vocal tour de force.

Comment

• I freaking live for that forceful alt verse of AIYM

The slight rasp, the conviction! A moment

Comment

• It is annoying and disappointing to me that Mariah has been SO quiet this year! I don’t really get why! I do hope something comes to show why she was this way like a new album or whatever. Living Xmas to Xmas ain’t enough and that bubble will burst Chile….

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris87 View Post
                      It is annoying and disappointing to me that Mariah has been SO quiet this year! I don’t really get why! I do hope something comes to show why she was this way like a new album or whatever. Living Xmas to Xmas ain’t enough and that bubble will burst Chile….
                      Well guess how we would feel if she had posted a studio pic weekly and teased us with “coming soon”, “putting finishing touches”, “being so immersed in the creative process that I need 10 more years to harmonise with my background singers”, “do you want my heart” or “cha cha is pregnant”

Comment

It is annoying and disappointing to me that Mariah has been SO quiet this year! I don’t really get why! I do hope something comes to show why she was this way like a new album or whatever. Living Xmas to Xmas ain’t enough and that bubble will burst Chile….
                        Disappointing is too much of a word. She worked a lot last year and we know she's doing things behind the scenes as we speak. It's not like she has to release a new album every year, she's 51 and she has nothing to prove.
                        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• surprised it has so few. I guess being hidden in the platinum edition hurt a little

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Well guess how we would feel if she had posted a studio pic weekly and teased us with “coming soon”, “putting finishing touches”, “being so immersed in the creative process that I need 10 more years to harmonise with my background singers”, “do you want my heart” or “cha cha is pregnant”
                            MCSummer2021
                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Funny thing her voice was in a really good shape but it was a personal choice to restrain and mostly whisper. I think the album also missed at least one really strong commercial banger. Cause basically all songs are great as album cuts but not single material
                              It was a time of "thin" breathy vocals on the charts (Aaliyah Miss You, Ashanti's every single etc.). Big vocals were not a thing, hence the choicse to restrain.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

I wonder what her daily routine is like. Like, for example, what did she do TODAY? I mean, you just cant sit on a pile of cash and do nothing every single day.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post

It was a time of "thin" breathy vocals on the charts (Aaliyah Miss You, Ashanti's every single etc.). Big vocals were not a thing, hence the choicse to restrain.
                                  I believe it was a choice. In her book she mentions about singing whispering is like a prayer to her or something like that. Considering she recorded charm after the glitter drama it was like a therapy for her.

Comment

• The whispering on Charmbracelet sounds the exact same to me as the whispering on Butterfly. I never understand why people make such a bit thing out of it.
                                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      The whispering on Charmbracelet sounds the exact same to me as the whispering on Butterfly. I never understand why people make such a bit thing out of it.
                                      I’m not a fan of Charmbracelet. I find it boring tbh. I do not have any complaints about Mariah’s voice in that album, nor any other album. I just do not enjoy Charmbracelet as I do enjoy her other albums.

Comment

surprised it has so few. I guess being hidden in the platinum edition hurt a little
                                        But...it's her 31st song to reach that milestone. It will soon be surpassed by Bye Bye though. The superior song anyway.
                                        My Chart

Comment

The whispering on Charmbracelet sounds the exact same to me as the whispering on Butterfly. I never understand why people make such a bit thing out of it.
                                          WTF

Comment

Hope you're not an ABBA fan...
                                            I mean, Mariah already gave us a new song this year and will give us more at Christmas. #grateful
                                            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

I’m not a fan of Charmbracelet. I find it boring tbh. I do not have any complaints about Mariah’s voice in that album, nor any other album. I just do not enjoy Charmbracelet as I do enjoy her other albums.
                                              Totally understand that, I have to be in a certain mood to listen to Charmy and it definitely loses steam in the middle and the remix of TTR is just awful.
                                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Messica Simpsons up in this bih, stream “Music Box” the song for peace

Comment

Yeah, and a lot of people didn’t like the whispering on Butterfly at the time either. It was suddenly raspier/more shrill during that era, often bc she began doing it very high.

The problem with CB was that it was all whispered, to the point of being monotonous and a little bland.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Hope you're not an ABBA fan...
                                                    I mean, Mariah already gave us a new song this year and will give us more at Christmas. #grateful
                                                    Exactly lol and imagine being a Sade fan having to wait a whole decade for a new album...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X