Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It's crazy to think it dropped to no 14 in week 2 despite selling over 170000 copies. These days albums stay in the top three for weeks on end selling around 70k
    it also sold 190k in week 3.
    My Chart

Comment

• does someone have this version with dolby atmos on apple music?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
        does someone have this version with dolby atmos on apple music?
        Just checked on my iPhone and there’s no such thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
          call me daydreaming but I don't think anyone could beat Mariah at Chistmas week at this point. Her streaming was crazy during the week, Adele can beat her all other weeks but the Christmas week belongs to Mariah.

This year Christmas Eve and Day is on Friday and Saturday....meaning that unlike last few years, the few days in the lead up to Christmas where streaming booms is not going to be paired with it's biggest days which will be counted towards the next chart week where it's streaming will drop significantly from the 26th.

Last year it managed to score another week in the Top 10 thanks to just the Christmas Day (Friday) points alone. This year, it will also have the 24th, which means the drop off week is likely still going to allow it to chart Top 5 at least (unless there's other monster hits at the time).

Chart week starting:

December 4th 2020 - #1 (managed to edge out Mood).........December 3rd 2021 - ??????
          December 11th 2020 - #2 (behind the Witch)........December 10th ??????
          December 18th 2020 - #1.............December 17th 2021.....can it do it without Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
          December 25th 2020 - Top 10...........December 24th 2020 Top 5 (likely with Christmas Eve in the mix on points)

Obviously the week of the 17th is its best shot. It may get the 11th as well unless there's another big surprise release like Willow last year. I think the week of the 4th may be shaky this year as last year's releases were very weak, there's already much more activity this year.

The big surprise or shocker could be if it manages to snatch the #1 the week of the 25th with just 2 days of Christmas alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
            I honestly think Mariah will have at least 2 weeks at Number 1 this december. Why? Because her streaming is just too big and streaming for christmas songs is increasing notoriously every year. I doubt Adele will release her album after Thanksgiving so it means her lead single can't come after Nov 1. Sure, she will likely be on top of radio by the end of december but Mariah will have 3x steams and by then they'll be equal in sales (since most people will already have bought Adele's song). All of this considering she has a song that will smash like Hello.

Let's not underestimate our girl!!
            It'll be interesting to see where Adele releases, the slots are filling up fast. Abba will be huge in the November 5th. then TS has her Red re-release in mid-November the week before Thanksgiving.

I doubt Adele would want to go up against Abba on Nov 5th just out of respect and to give breathing room between huge releases. Perhaps the week of the 12th or 19th (last week to capitalise on Thanksgiving).

if it follows 25's release it'll be released on the 19th.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

It'll be interesting to see where Adele releases, the slots are filling up fast. Abba will be huge in the November 5th. then TS has her Red re-release in mid-November the week before Thanksgiving.

I doubt Adele would want to go up against Abba on Nov 5th just out of respect and to give breathing room between huge releases. Perhaps the week of the 12th or 19th (last week to capitalise on Thanksgiving).

if it follows 25's release it'll be released on the 19th.
              Adele has a huge special concert in December to promote the album, probably she’s gonna release the album in the end of November. It’ll be hard this year for AIWFCIY to get a #1 spot. The song got a early #1 last year but now by that time Adele’s song is probably gonna still be fresh with huge points and on Xmas day the points for AIW gonna be split and the biggest days (24 and 25th) gonna count for next week.

Comment

• Really happy to see some Glitter articles out this weekend already!

‘Glitter’ turns 20: How Mariah Carey’s 2001 album went from flop to cult classic

Mariah Carey’s ‘Glitter’ Turns 20 | Anniversary Retrospective

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• nice how the Glitter perception has changed from: It caused extremist islamists to kill 2000 people, to... it was ahead of its time and should be celebrated. Only the media can make such a u-turn.
                  My Chart

Comment

• I really don't mind if all i want for Christmas is you doesn't hit no 1 ever again, best be it is FOREVER loved and people don't get fed up of it, i don't want people to roll their eyes every year it hits the charts.

Comment

• I’ve never wanted a full acapella more in my life

I am surprised more Mariah songs aren’t sampled, they really should be

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        I’ve never wanted a full acapella more in my life

I am surprised more Mariah songs aren’t sampled, they really should be
                        Might be complicated to sample Mariahs songs as a lot of her songs are already sampled. If you sample a song that has a sample do you have to credit the original sampled song and the second song also ?
                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Might be complicated to sample Mariahs songs as a lot of her songs are already sampled. If you sample a song that has a sample do you have to credit the original sampled song and the second song also ?
                          Not if only the acapella is sampled, the sample in “The Roof” is in the instrumental, the vocal melody takes nothing from the Mobb Deep song or the song it sampled

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Not if only the acapella is sampled, the sample in “The Roof” is in the instrumental, the vocal melody takes nothing from the Mobb Deep song or the song it sampled
                            Oh yeah of course, didnt realize you meant a vocal sample soz !
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• I just watched an upscaled YouTube video of Mariah singing Never Too Far with Westlife. She did not look like a normal person. She looked like an absolute divine goddess.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                I really don't mind if all i want for Christmas is you doesn't hit no 1 ever again, best be it is FOREVER loved and people don't get fed up of it, i don't want people to roll their eyes every year it hits the charts.
                                The only thing is that the media will have a field day dragging her the moment another Christmas song does better. So it is something to be aware of and know what they are doing.

Comment

• Glitter is a bit of a mess but I'm more into nowadays than before.

Also, it has been confirmed.....

If We >>>>> Hero. Mariah should start closing concerts with it

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

The only thing is that the media will have a field day dragging her the moment another Christmas song does better. So it is something to be aware of and know what they are doing.
                                    I’m curious to see how Brenda and Ariana Xmas songs are gonna perform this year. They seem to be getting bigger and bigger

Comment

• This was how much it took out of our Queen.........she was spent, she gave the lambs EVERYTHING

Comment

• To celebrate GLITTER, I've been playing it yesterday and am listening to it right now. What a great album that is. I love it so much.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Okay so I've signed up again on ukmix, previous username was crybaby22 , but can we just all agree that I still believe pure imagination remix is a masterpiece of a song.

Comment

• Glitter through the years :: *it has only been available for streaming since mid 2020:

2011 - 0 scrobbles
                                            2012 - 32 scrobbles
                                            2013 - 28 scrobbles
                                            2014 - 30 scrobbles
                                            2015 - 109 scrobbles
                                            2016 - 197 scrobbles
                                            2017 - 126 scrobbles
                                            2018 - 66 scrobbles
                                            2019 - 227 scrobbles
                                            2020 - 265 scrobbles
                                            2021 - 156 scrobbles

Among Mariah's albums:

01 - 6,615 plays - 2018 - Caution
                                            02 - 5,388 plays - 2014 - Me. I am Mariah
                                            03 - 2,916 plays - 2020 - The Rarities
                                            04 - 2,654 plays - 1997 - Butterfly
                                            05 - 1,908 plays - 1994 - Merry Christmas
                                            06 - 1,442 plays - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                                            07 - 1,421 plays - 2019 - Merry Christmas (Anniversary Deluxe)
                                            08 - 1,392 plays - 1995 - Daydream
                                            09 - 1,246 plays - 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                            10 - 1,243 plays - 2001 - Glitter
                                            --
                                            11 - 857 plays - 2015 - #1 to Infinity
                                            12 - 817 plays - 1999 - Rainbow
                                            13 - 789 plays - 1998 - #1's
                                            14 - 764 plays - 1991 - Emotions
                                            15 - 762 plays - 2020 - Mariah's Magical Christmas Special
                                            16 - 752 plays - 2009 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                            17 - 748 plays - 2002 - Charmbracelet
                                            18 - 656 plays - 2008 - E=MC˛
                                            19 - 607 plays - 1990 - Mariah Carey
                                            20 - 326 plays - 2001 - Greatest Hits
                                            --
                                            21 - 151 plays - 1992 - MTV Unplugged
                                            22 - 145 plays - 2003 - The Remixes

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
                                              Okay so I've signed up again on ukmix, previous username was crybaby22 , but can we just all agree that I still believe pure imagination remix is a masterpiece of a song.
                                              it really is. such a great song.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

it really is. such a great song.
                                                Yeah stevyy, her harmonizing with the people she collaborate with is such a special treat for the ears always. I went to watch the video on YouTube and all the comments praised mariah for the incredible musical genius which we all know she is. Our queen deserve more praise

Comment

• Would love if MC does something special for Glitter 20th Anniversary. I think some fans are waiting on a vinyl re-release.

If she does anything close to the packaging done on The Rarities it would be amazing!! But a simply coloured vinyl would do too.

Comment

• BILLBOARD: Mariah Carey's 'Glitter' at 20: How It Sparkled to Life After Nearly Two Decades

Comment

Working...
                                                    X