• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitter saving lives!

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Glitter saving lives!
      It saved mine. I love it so much.

Also, just wow. I love stories like these.
      My Chart

Comment

• I am so glad that the negative media campaign against Glitter (album) has stopped. Someone give Jezebel (magazine / blog) the news. They have just released a scathing and unfair representation of the entire era, bashing Mariah once again.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

The original EVE that did not took a bite from the forbidden apple, but who nourished herself on some dudes HONé in order to transform into a Butterfly.
          There's a reason why the remix was covered in a yellowy glow. The hidden layers, her mind.

Comment

There's a reason why the remix was covered in a yellowy glow. The hidden layers, her mind.

Honestly, that remix is just the best thing ever. Mariah in anything Butterfly related was queen of music, visuals and everything. How can any one being be so ahead of the bunch and be the absolute pinnacle of taste...
            My Chart

Comment

• Mariah was - at one point in time - the most beautiful and sexy 28 y.o. the world has ever seen.
              My Chart

Comment

• So I was at the clubs last night and guess what was played, Triumphant.

It was the vocals played over a thumping dance circuit-style mix. Not often do you hear Mariah these days in clubs...even if they do it's either Heartbreaker or Fantasy.

This song had a good hook, wasted with unnecessary rap features and lacklustre production. The remixes were much better. Should've taken one of the remix and then mix it again for pop.

This had me thinking, that she has forsaken her dance club audience. Probably because most of her songs are slow burners or ballads rather than big dance pop or girl anthems in the vein of Beyonce, JLO or Britney..etc.

Comment

I am so glad that the negative media campaign against Glitter (album) has stopped. Someone give Jezebel (magazine / blog) the news. They have just released a scathing and unfair representation of the entire era, bashing Mariah once again.
                  These positive articles are mostly fan written so are not always representative of the general public who are still clueless to justice4glitter and still consider it one of the worst movies of all-time, the height of her divaness and crazines.

But hey, on the bright side any positive article is helpful in changing the narrative over time.

Unfortunately the movie itself is still not very good which holds back any major outpouring of support. It's just too camp, had it gone closer to the indie serious route like Shallow it would've fared better. But her acting in the movie is still not very natural.

Comment

These positive articles are mostly fan written so are not always representative of the general public who are still clueless to justice4glitter and still consider it one of the worst movies of all-time, the height of her divaness and crazines.

But hey, on the bright side any positive article is helpful in changing the narrative over time.

Unfortunately the movie itself is still not very good which holds back any major outpouring of support. It's just too camp, had it gone closer to the indie serious route like Shallow it would've fared better. But her acting in the movie is still not very natural.
                    but the movie and the album are two independent entities, imo. People can judge the movie in a negative way, i don't care... but the album is a masterpiece.

Maybe we need a 2nd justice campaign.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Triumphant remains one of my alltime favourite things she's ever done. The way it flopped and was rejected by the lambily hurt me personally.
                      My Chart

Comment

•  
                        http://marcokircher.com
                        http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                        IG: marco235

Comment

• Never forget that SNL literally compared her to Bin Laden in the premiere episode after the attacks. It was in the weekend skit they do.

That’s how disregarded she was in those days if you’re even going to mention her in the same sentence as the #1 terrorist in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            Never forget that SNL literally compared her to Bin Laden in the premiere episode after the attacks. It was in the weekend skit they do.

That’s how disregarded she was in those days if you’re even going to mention her in the same sentence as the #1 terrorist in history.
                            People were rooting for her to kill herself. People are so f#ck3d up. Mariah is superhuman for getting through this and triumph

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

People were rooting for her to kill herself. People are so f#ck3d up. Mariah is superhuman for getting through this and triumph
                              absolutely. It was insane. It was so shocking that even people with whom she got along quite well... kicked her further down with very disgusting remarks or comparisons... including Letterman, the cast of SNL and MadTV, almost all stand-up comedians incl. Chapelle, Chris Rock et al.

I will never forget that out of everyone... Mary J. Blige was the only celebrity who was hanging out with her and even invited her to be in one of her music videos. Mary is a class act.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Happy anniversary Glitter!

This performance was in my recommendations on YouTube today and I loved it. It looks like everyone there had a lot of fun.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Mariah in that two piece black outfit with that face and that hair... beauty, class, elegance, fashion, icon... it was sexy but still so mature and elegant.

Underrated.
                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                    Happy anniversary Glitter!

This performance was in my recommendations on YouTube today and I loved it. It looks like everyone there had a lot of fun.
                                    she looked phenomenal. The performance was fire. She was so husky and buttery in tone and looked like having so much fun performing this. This is the energy and production she should bring to her concerts more often.
                                    My Chart

Comment

It saved mine. I love it so much.
                                      I went through a LOT back in 2000/2001... so many changes in my life when I was younger.

I remember I was so disillusioned with things... but when I first heard Reflections I was taken back by how beautiful the song was and how heartfelt it was. And once again Mariah made appreciate her talent and helped me reconnect with a community that I could be part of.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Mariah Carey’s Xmas special lost the only Emmy it was nominated for

Comment

• Ofc SNL.

Comment

• eew... snl.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                              Ofc SNL.
                                              Osama Bin Laden will be proud. someone should comment about that on nbc.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Every time there is a big event or an awards show people wish that Mariah would perform. Have we not realized by now that she will no longer do these live performances. Her voice is just too unstable. NYE did more damage to her than we will ever know. I can see more taped performance or at home things, but the days of Mariah just picking up and singing a tribute or being featured as a main attraction are over.

PS. Never Too Far could have really been an anthem after 9/11. Sony would have made it happen, Virgin had no clue what to do with MC.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                                  Every time there is a big event or an awards show people wish that Mariah would perform. Have we not realized by now that she will no longer do these live performances. Her voice is just too unstable. NYE did more damage to her than we will ever know. I can see more taped performance or at home things, but the days of Mariah just picking up and singing a tribute or being featured as a main attraction are over.
                                                  couldn’t be further from the truth. Mariah does award shows and live events when she is in promo mode. She did the AMAs in 2018 and the BBMAs in 2019. I have no doubt she will do more award shows when she promotes her next album cycle. She obviously doesn’t prefer to do live TV and prefers to do taped performances because she is less nervous and knows she can always dub, but she will continue to perform on live TV like she always has.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                                    Every time there is a big event or an awards show people wish that Mariah would perform. Have we not realized by now that she will no longer do these live performances. Her voice is just too unstable. NYE did more damage to her than we will ever know. I can see more taped performance or at home things, but the days of Mariah just picking up and singing a tribute or being featured as a main attraction are over.

PS. Never Too Far could have really been an anthem after 9/11. Sony would have made it happen, Virgin had no clue what to do with MC.
                                                    The medley on billboard awards was great tho. Her voice was good, stage presence was on point, was emotional, not boring like most of her performances ..

Comment

Working...
                                                    X