No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus what is it with the Met Gala trolling?

People go if they want attention

Mariah didn’t suck up to anyone in the fashion world that is still alive

Get over it!

Her not showing up to an event she has never gone to or has never planned on going to has no bearing on her attending different events in future either

Comment

• And Mariah seems happier in movie awards than music awards. Also, if she doesn't want to go, it's her choice

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
        And Mariah seems happier in movie awards than music awards. Also, if she doesn't want to go, it's her choice
        Well I think the speculation hinges on if she was invited and turned it down, or simply was not invited.

We will never know either way
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
          And Mariah seems happier in movie awards than music awards. Also, if she doesn't want to go, it's her choice
          They just need a better Grammy’s campaign, TEOM had a great one

The people on the committees are more likely to vote for Mariah now than before, voting members who aren’t record label people, which is a good chunk, just vote for what the critics like, and the critics like Mariah finally

Caution wasn’t nominated because hardly anyone knew it existed, sorry but that’s just the truth, she had to go on that rescheduled tour at a really bad time and the label did a shite job promoting the album and the videos were pretty but entirely too boring catch anyone’s attention

The next album needs a press campaign focused not on the legacy but the new material, hot IG pics even if she’s fully dressed, and at least one expensive video, and honestly, she should ask teenagers and Roc and Roe’s friends what the first single should be , all I know is it should have full vocals like ILT and WBT and #B
          Last edited by allygdale; Tue September 14, 2021, 18:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

But, there's a difference of attending events due to being nominated, and being a presenter, and just attending for no other reason. She could have also been excited about being honoured through such a nomination especially as it was for her songwriting.
            Doubt it, she's happy just to be invited and rub shoulders with the elites in the music and movie industry.

Last edited by skylynx; Tue September 14, 2021, 18:53.

Comment

• Based on a handful of reviews posted on metacritic. LOL

Yes the reviews were positive and the best she's received but it was also reviewed by a narrow spectrum. Let's not make it out as she's some critic darling now. That's just ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                Jesus what is it with the Met Gala trolling?

Get over it!

Her not showing up to an event she has never gone to or has never planned on going to has no bearing on her attending different events in future either
                she could go as Donatella's +1. the designers go to the event with a company with a celeb wearing their dress or shoes or whatever. if she wanted to go she would, she's Mariah freaking Carey. I mean Jlo was in the vmas and in the Met gala and what did she do to deserved to be there and every single big event ?

Comment

• I think Mariah knows the industry in and out so if her last few projects didn't get more promo, or success or whatever, it's because she really couldn't or didn't want to pull it off. While she's known for doing bad choices (the whole Stella era), I think she is very smart as a bussiness woman but she also knows her limits and at this age she really doesn't want to go all the way for something that will pay off less with each era that comes.

That being said, I really wish she could have one more mini-comeback. Of course she's not going to have an era like Olivia Rodrigo or whatever, but a nice selling album, some minor radio hits and good visuals are not that far away. They should also stop releasing her singles on thursdays to have a chance to chart.
                  Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                    One thing for sure during the next era, she HAS to get on Instagram serving looks. She has to. Social media is everything.
                    Sad but true. Remember the bikini pic?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsO0tzjH...dium=copy_link

That Nicholas Bru guy during early Caution was amazing, she could just serve whatever he puts her in for IG photo shoots

All of her 2013 looks would have been huge too

They should also aim for a Vanity Fair cover
                    Last edited by allygdale; Tue September 14, 2021, 19:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                      Based on a handful of reviews posted on metacritic. LOL

Yes the reviews were positive and the best she's received but it was also reviewed by a narrow spectrum. Let's not make it out as she's some critic darling now. That's just ridiculous.
                      idk what the criteria is of which reviews they added... but in Germany ALL major publications have reviewed Caution and gave it rave reviews. I have no idea why no German publication is used.

I mean MetaCritic used 9 reviews, but the album made 16 publication's year end lists. (as far as we know).

I also doubt that the other publications (whichever that may be) would differ much from Slant, Rolling Stone etc which were used for her weighted score. Would be weird if NME would rate it 1/5 while it got 4/5 from RS and equally as much from Slant.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

she could go as Donatella's +1. the designers go to the event with a company with a celeb wearing their dress or shoes or whatever. if she wanted to go she would, she's Mariah freaking Carey. I mean Jlo was in the vmas and in the Met gala and what did she do to deserved to be there and every single big event ?
                        famous for being famous people always go to everything out of fear for their fame to diminish.

If you do talentry... you don't have to go to everything bc people accept your talent... it's like real rich people never post pics of luxury cars and watches on Insta... only the insecure ones do.
                        My Chart

Comment

They just need a better Grammy’s campaign, TEOM had a great one

The people on the committees are more likely to vote for Mariah now than before, voting members who aren’t record label people, which is a good chunk, just vote for what the critics like, and the critics like Mariah finally

Caution wasn’t nominated because hardly anyone knew it existed, sorry but that’s just the truth, she had to go on that rescheduled tour at a really bad time and the label did a shite job promoting the album and the videos were pretty but entirely too boring catch anyone’s attention

The next album needs a press campaign focused not on the legacy but the new material, hot IG pics even if she’s fully dressed, and at least one expensive video, and honestly, she should ask teenagers and Roc and Roe’s friends what the first single should be , all I know is it should have full vocals like ILT and WBT and #B
                          She should make Rocky direct her videos and Monroe to pic the songs and book the events to promote ish with.

My Chart

Comment

Jesus what is it with the Met Gala trolling?

Get over it!

I think she is also still very insecure about her current body... Like... she would so go to it nude if she had 2008 body. I know she would.
                            My Chart

Comment

• JLO is back with Ben Affleck, he was the original source of her rise to celebrity superstardom, Bennifer.

Now that they're back she's obviously in hot demand and the lips of most jus coming off debuting their renewed relationshop at the Venice Film Festival.

Obviously it's a win win situation, she gets the exposure and the MET gets exposure as well because she brings in the tabloids.

Don't under-estimate JLO, she's probably a much smarter and importantly more driven businesswoman than Mariah. The fact that she can still command big red carpet appearances without releasing any noteworthy music the past decades tells alot.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

famous for being famous people always go to everything out of fear for their fame to diminish.

If you do talentry... you don't have to go to everything bc people accept your talent... it's like real rich people never post pics of luxury cars and watches on Insta... only the insecure ones do.
                                The problem is Mariah doesn't even show her face anywhere near these sort of events. This argument may apply to some (social media influencers and the like of KK, Jenners) but surely not to all. The smart ones know that a momment at these events can elevate their status and open up even more opportunities.

Also, these sort of events open up the chance meeting and potentially new creative opportunities and collabs.

Comment

idk what the criteria is of which reviews they added... but in Germany ALL major publications have reviewed Caution and gave it rave reviews. I have no idea why no German publication is used.

I mean MetaCritic used 9 reviews, but the album made 16 publication's year end lists. (as far as we know).

I also doubt that the other publications (whichever that may be) would differ much from Slant, Rolling Stone etc which were used for her weighted score. Would be weird if NME would rate it 1/5 while it got 4/5 from RS and equally as much from Slant.
                                  I'm not convinced. Let's see how her next album does with the critics.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

I'm not convinced. Let's see how her next album does with the critics.
                                    i don't have to wait for the next album in order to know that Caution was a great album.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

Oh God.....................................I hope NOT.

She has released:

Merry Christmas [1994]
                                      Merry Christmas dual disc (CD and DVD) [2005]
                                      Merry Christmas II You [2010]
                                      Merry Christmas (Deluxe Anniversary Edition) [2019]
                                      Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special (Apple TV+ Original Soundtrack) [2020]

NOT here for another Christmas album. Please! She would REALLY be turning into freaking Connie Francis!
                                      The dual disc is Merry Christmas with a little bonus as is the Deluxe Edition. And the soundtrack is more or less a mix of her two Christmas albums, just live and with one new song.

So all in all, she really has just two Christmas albums, which is not a lot for someone who is called the Queen of Christmas. Johnny Mathis has five or six Christmas albums. Barry Manilow has three or four.

And if you're not here for her (new) Christmas music, then just don't listen to it.

Personally, I couldn't be happier if she'd release something every Christmas. It's the season where people give. And I've been a very good boy, so I hope for some presents.
                                      UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

i don't have to wait for the next album in order to know that Caution was a great album.
                                        No one's disputing that, what is questioned is the extent of the critic love. We all know they tend to go where the wind blows.

Comment

• I was having a look back at looks which have garnered attention on red carpets.

This one screams out, not sure if I like it but there's something very daring, out there and very Mariah.

It's actually hard to find anything in her look book that would scream MET, they tend to go for structure, couture and theatrics at the MET, Mariah's very tight fitting ball-gown safe.

Perhaps something like this.

That being said, if she goes for tight fitting, i'm sure she would still get a rapturous applause if she went for something simple like:

Or why not just shut the whole house down with this...

Last edited by skylynx; Tue September 14, 2021, 20:31.

Comment

• I don’t know what she’s gonna release for Xmas this year but I know I’m gonna listen to a lot oh Santa remix and sleigh ride

Comment

• ICONIC! I worship this look!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Because Jlo has Benny Medina as her manager , we all saw what he did for Mariah during the TEOM era.

And that's the point - Mariah for me proved to be unmanageable and that's why she's invisible to the general public from January to October. She probably couldn't get Cardi B for a remix during the Caution era due to the lack of a professional by her side that could help things to come to fruition. I'm even scared to think about the movie based on her memoir that could end up being dumped to the Hallmark Channel at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post

Because Jlo has Benny Medina as her manager , we all saw what he did for Mariah during the TEOM era.

And that's the point - Mariah for me proved to be unmanageable and that's why she's invisible to the general public from January to October. She probably couldn't get Cardi B for a remix during the Caution era due to the lack of a professional by her side that could help things to come to fruition. I'm even scared to think about the movie based on her memoir that could end up being dumped to the Hallmark Channel at this point.
                                                  You have a point. Mariah is her worst enemy sadly

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post

You're giving for sure things you don't know. She couldn't get Cardi due to a budget thing.
                                                    Melissa has done a great job and your remark is unfair

Comment

Working...
                                                    X