Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

They just need a better Grammy’s campaign, TEOM had a great one

The people on the committees are more likely to vote for Mariah now than before, voting members who aren’t record label people, which is a good chunk, just vote for what the critics like, and the critics like Mariah finally

Caution wasn’t nominated because hardly anyone knew it existed, sorry but that’s just the truth, she had to go on that rescheduled tour at a really bad time and the label did a shite job promoting the album and the videos were pretty but entirely too boring catch anyone’s attention

The next album needs a press campaign focused not on the legacy but the new material, hot IG pics even if she’s fully dressed, and at least one expensive video, and honestly, she should ask teenagers and Roc and Roe’s friends what the first single should be , all I know is it should have full vocals like ILT and WBT and #B
    I agree with the video thing. Doing great videos now has nothing to do with big budget but good, developed ideas

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

JLO and Mariah are completely different. JLO has many different things going on and is not just about the music. She never was. She has had successful movies and TV shows which keep her out there. Plus her Spanish music does very well for her.

Honestly this whole thing of bringing JLO in here constantly is so tiresome. Just cos JLO was at the VMA's doesnt mean that Mariah had to be or should have been or whatever. And also claiming that Ben Affleck was responsible for JLO's fame is just delusional and wrong - JLO has been in the business for over 20 years and was perfectly fine without Ben Affleck on her arm.
      Oh WOW! The first InFamous post that I agree with in…Idek. Every word here. You can’t constantly claim you dOn'T kNoW somebody you bring up nonstop.

Anyway y’all need to let Mimi LIVE! The woman has worked her ass off nonstop these past few years and some of y’all are still complaining. Other legacy artist's fanbases desperately want what the lambs have so be grateful and stream "Caution" and that whole fan-requested collection of unreleased material called "The Rarities" that she was kind enough to give us ffs!
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Comment

• Some of y'all are just too much.

Let's not forget that "Mariah's predicament" is that she's rich and famous and can do basically whatever she wants, whenever she wants. I don't know how she'll survive this.
          Last edited by WEBofDESIRE; Tue September 14, 2021, 22:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watlingstreet View Post

I was coming here to write this. Mariah is her own worst enemy.
            She hates any sort of authority due to her upbringing and marriage, and is still clearlyl traumatised by what she went through, and so rebels against all management, seeming to continuously have an issue with her labels.. how many of them has she publicly criticised/bad mouthed/rolled her eyes at/expressed desperation to leave? All of them. I dont know any other artists still around that have done that?
            Mix this with her success, and she thinks she’s knows what’s good for her career. She’s said it multiple times - she’s spoken of arguing with the label about what single it should be, how A or B should look, that she wanted to do X or Y, but the label wouldn’t let her: She’s even outright said “I think I know what’s best for my career at this point”.
            Re fashion: there was a time in the early 00’s where fashion and Mariah were discussed, and they spoke about how she always alters what designers send her, and they have a hard time with her. But even if she looks fabulous (and I will always stand by the fact that, irl, she’s the most beautiful woman ive ever seen), she doesnt bother to turn up to these events.

The crux of it: She lives in a bubble at this point, and doesn’t know what’s best for her. Combined with (and I say with all kindness) a questionable taste, she’s out of touch and rebellious against the professionals in her industry, and we’re left with what we have.
            It’s been a very long time coming, I will always listen to everything she does, but yeah, I think at this point there is no one to blame for her predicament but herself. .
            THIS. Mariah needs a team to manage her. Case in point she has no idea what is good for her in term of branding : she wanted the baby picture as the front cover of the memoir. Like that’s a marketing suicide to introduce your book with that cover. People in store will go towards a Mariah Carey picture they identify her with. Her face is her brand. Anyway… looking forward to Christmas. AIWFCIY was actually nominated for a marketing award with everything that was put in motion to create buzz it was marketing genius. Flawless execution. Lots of things were in motion between the work with influencers on Instagram and TikTok, celebrities in the video, commercial on brand for the chips, big budget video, deluxe edition of the album, documentary, signed promo items etc. It was insane! It’s highlighted in this video :

https://clios.com/music/winner/creat...ary-camp-82309

She needs that team and fire behind a project again. It’s impossible to do it alone. That’s it. She should let people take care of her image again and plan things to appear in public events. Like the past two most talked about events she could have attended. VMAs : sing with Busta to close the show. Don’t tell me Busta would have not jumped on that after all the promo he did by himself. MET Gala : Go with your best friend Donatello Versace. For F sake she invited Zoey Deutch don’t tell me she would have not wanted Mariah there with Lil Nas X instead. Lost opportunity to be seen. Mariah is in her own bubble. It’s fine but it’s also a bit sad considering all the missed potential. Everything should be easy for her with the right team & management.
            Last edited by Xmas; Wed September 15, 2021, 02:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Oh WOW! The first InFamous post that I agree with in…Idek. Every word here. You can’t constantly claim you dOn'T kNoW somebody you bring up nonstop.

Anyway y’all need to let Mimi LIVE! The woman has worked her ass off nonstop these past few years and some of y’all are still complaining. Other legacy artist's fanbases desperately want what the lambs have so be grateful and stream "Caution" and that whole fan-requested collection of unreleased material called "The Rarities" that she was kind enough to give us ffs!
              I completely agree with all of this. Fans are beating a dead horse at this point. The fact of the matter is Mariah will always do when Mariah wants to do. Fans be damned. I feel like, we have been talking about these same issues for the past 15 years such as mismanagement and Mariah being her own worst enemy. At least since I've been a fan since 2005 that's all I've heard people talk about. Even when Mariah Carey had a great year in 2005, fans were complaining. All lambs do is complain and complain and complain. There was much more celebrations but there's also complaining about what should be done differently. Even with the vast majority of fans loving what was going on in 2005, there's also a few that were complaining. It's like we can never be happy as a fan base as a collective. For me that is sad and if Mariah was in my shoes, I wouldn't know what to do. The fact that she continues to feed Us each and every year, I am internally grateful. My gratefulness extends beyond my criticism. I do have criticism but that doesn't mean I need to criticize every little thing every damn day. There are certain users here that are known to criticize because that's all that they do. It's become reductant. I've accepted what the state of her career is at and I have moved on. Since the vast majority of people on this website have moved on and appreciate what Mariah is doing, I figured the few trolls left on the site that have been commenting all day, should move on too.
              I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Those are you expectations. It's not her fault. She's going to be everywhere in a month or so.
                I'd love if she does certain things like a jazz album, an indie electronic record, collab with specific artists, but those are my wishes not hers.
                She doesn't enjoy tv performances, she has stage fright. Why putting the focus on you when you're working in other stuff you prefer? I understand we want her to be recognised and loved. But is not neccesary to make harsh remarks or acting like she's lost. She's human, with her high and lows, success and failures and above all, she's entitled to have an opinion, even if it's wrong.

Comment

• Just a heads up to try to keep other artists out of this thread or at a minimum. Im saying this based on track records of when infractions usually occur. Thanks!
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• allygdale

Attending the 2007 Met Gala as Anna Wintour’s guest was supposed to propel Mariah onto a Vogue cover. She and Andre Leon Talley were campaigning for it, and going to the Gala was a big step in that direction. Mariah canceled at the last minute, embarrassingly late, in fact, and there went her shot at a cover.

Let’s not act like Mariah has never wanted to be more than she is, highly-regarded by the entertainment industry and media and fashion elites. And let’s also not act like the missteps of the last thirteen years - hell, the last twenty - haven’t tarnished her reputation to the point that she is subsisting on vapors of her past glory. If it weren’t for the popularity of AIWFCIY, Mariah wouldn’t have much of a career left.

It’s ridiculous that a woman who doesn’t have any discernible talent and has gotten to where she is on her back and on the necks of others has a more positive profile that Mariah Carey, but that’s how it is.

Comment

• Jesus…. 4 new pages in the thread and I thought there was some exciting news. And then I read the new posts….

Comment

• The last time the Met Gala was discussed it was claimed the year was she was supposed to attend was 2008 and to be quite honest I am not really sure if I believe the story as it sounds like possible fan fiction to me.. like how she was asked and turned down the superbowl twice. There is really no concrete proof of any of these things, just stories that have grown legs over time. Someone should actually ask Mariah on her next live talk. I would love to hear what she has to say on it.

Also people and fans still love to see Mariah at awards shows, she got a great reception at the last few she attended and performed at - Mariah is a massive star and crowds still love to see her when she does turn up at events Imo.
                        Last edited by InFamous; Wed September 15, 2021, 02:55.
                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• I wish she showed up to major events as well. No matter what she’s a legend and will draw attention. But I also get her. I really think the backlash over the years traumatized my good sis.

Comment

• Speaking of important events, it's a shame she couldn't do Brighton Pride and the Songwriters Hall of Fame last year because of Covid.
                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Also.. let's imagine for a moment Mariah arriving at the Met gala like...

Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                              www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                Speaking of important events, it's a shame she couldn't do Brighton Pride and the Songwriters Hall of Fame last year because of Covid.
                                I believe the SHOF still gonna happen, they just postponed

Comment

• Songwriters Hall Of Fame Reschedules 51st Annual Induction And Awards Gala | Songwriters Hall of Fame (songhall.org)

* New date set for June 16, 2022 in New York City *

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                    Also.. let's imagine for a moment Mariah arriving at the Met gala like...

She looks amazing actually...

It was winter.. understandable outfit
                                    Last edited by Anderson; Wed September 15, 2021, 08:07.
                                    Mariah Carey x BTS
                                    #20th No.1

Comment

• https://www.vogue.com/article/tyler-...d-mariah-carey

TTC: That’s [what] Call Me If You Get Lost is about. It’s: When you’re really out there in the world and you’re on your adventure, call me, because I’ma be out there doing my thing. And that’s when we link. That means we’re on the same wavelength; we got the same antennas. When I see your photos and your work, I’m like, Oh, he gets it. And again, I think you and I share the same idea of romance, of what that is. I remember watching Mariah Carey’s “Always Be My Baby” video—they’re on that tire swing and they just jump in the lake…

Mitchell: It feels so free.

Comment

• Hey, I love this forum... but PLEASE all this nonsense about Mariah not having the Star-Power anymore is ridiculous!!

Did you watch the VMAs? The MET? The quality of These performances and the outfits was so bad... there are no words to describe it #trash

Whenever Mariah THE QUEEN attends these kind of shows, she raises the quality to a next Level only she can... she has this classic-diva-superstar-power aura no one else has out there anymore.

It‘s HER decision to not attend these kind of shows regularly anymore. She is Not stupid, she knows what to do in order to stay in contact with relevant industry people.. however, seh’s just over it. She has nothing left to prove. She‘s been there, she‘s done that.

The only thing, I personally wish is for her to be more open regarding her sound and producers she works with.. this whole Pop-neglaction is pathetic. Her biggest lambs would die for pop-infused bangers/ballads... please, dont tell me otherwise ;)

love ya much!

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post

The only thing, I personally wish is for her to be more open regarding her sound and producers she works with.. this whole Pop-neglaction is pathetic. Her biggest lambs would die for pop-infused bangers/ballads... please, dont tell me otherwise ;)

love ya much!
                                          Exactly. Same here as well. I wish she would make a return to making AC/Pop infused materials. I would die for a Daydream 2.0 + a lead single like Heartbreaker. Daydream is such a masterpiece. A perfect balance of Pop, AC and R&B indeed.

Comment

• Max Martin
                                            Walter Afanasieff
                                            Timbaland

she works with these producers only and we would have a Daydream/Butterfly 2.0 but even better because it would be steeped in years of experience, heartbreak, joy.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                              Max Martin
                                              Walter Afanasieff
                                              Timbaland

she works with these producers only and we would have a Daydream/Butterfly 2.0 but even better because it would be steeped in years of experience, heartbreak, joy.
                                              WHAT an exciting album that would be... 4 sure!! #greatidea

Comment

• You can do your own record

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                  You can do your own record
                                                  Why so mad? Isn‘t it a place to share ideas/opinions?! #peace ;)

Comment

• so much hostility by a few vocal lambs.

Anyway its true fyi message boards are a place to discuss and share ideas and opinions. So here is my dream for a Daydream/Butterfly 2.0 and beyond:

THE BUTTERFLY RETURNS

1. Max Martin (ft. The Weeknd)
                                                    2. Walter A
                                                    3. Walter A
                                                    4. Timbaland
                                                    5. Walter A
                                                    6. Timbaland (ft. Drake)
                                                    7. Timbaland
                                                    8. Walter A
                                                    9. Walter A
                                                    10. Max Martin
                                                    11. Walter A (ft. Rihanna)
                                                    12. Walter A

Comment