Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tee View Post
    so much hostility by a few vocal lambs.

Anyway its true fyi message boards are a place to discuss and share ideas and opinions. So here is my dream for a Daydream/Butterfly 2.0 and beyond:

THE BUTTERFLY RETURNS

1. Max Martin (ft. The Weeknd)
    2. Walter A
    3. Walter A
    4. Timbaland
    5. Walter A
    6. Timbaland (ft. Drake)
    7. Timbaland
    8. Walter A
    9. Walter A
    10. Max Martin
    11. Walter A (ft. Rihanna)
    12. Walter A

#AllLove but leave Walter alone, it’s never gonna happen
    Eudaimonia
    Last.fm
    Instagram

Comment

• I don’t know how his music sounds now, but Mariah and Dallas Austin would have been a good team .
      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Imagine if Mariah made a beep boop album produced by Arca.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I think Mariah is not a great producer...
          She should work with great talented producers like Walter A, Max Martin, Timberland...
          She needs help
          Last edited by Anderson; Wed September 15, 2021, 16:01.
          Soft heavenly eyes gazed into me
          Transcending space and time

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            I think Mariah is not a great producer...
            She should work with great talented producers like Walter A, Max Martin, Timberland...
            She needs help
            This team lead by Mariah would be an amazing album. Everything the lambs want and more. It would be pop, a/c, dance, and R&B but most importantly it would be MARIAH.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
              I don’t know how his music sounds now, but Mariah and Dallas Austin would have been a good team .
              Dallas Austin is like the only '90s R&B/pop producer that she has never worked with and I often wonder why. He is great friends with JD and they even have a production company together but also he has worked with legends like MJ, Aretha, and so on. He has a slight rock tinge now but would not that be cool leading into her SUD phase? His current work with H.E.R. apparently getting amazing feedback.

I am also in favor of seeing what the two superstars Mariah & Dallas could come up with.

Comment

• Mariah is trending on twitter once again after JD challenged Diddy to a verzuz

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

This team lead by Mariah would be an amazing album. Everything the lambs want and more. It would be pop, a/c, dance, and R&B but most importantly it would be MARIAH.
                  Great sing a songwriter + Great producers = real music

Comment

• but when it comes to JD.... no more please... it's like an overdose

Comment

• I agree. Dallas Austin would give the same sort of JD sound and vibe but would be completely new for Mariah so there could be some untapped magic there.

Comment

• Fantasy the only song on Rolling Stone's greatest songs list:
                        https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ntasy-1224919/

419. Fantasy

The diva’s big dive into the world of hip-hop is built on a sample from the Tom Tom Club’s “Genius of Love,” further enhanced by a Puff Daddy remix. The rap feature from Ol’ Dirty Bastard was hardly smooth sailing — according to A&R rep Cory Rooney, ODB took three naps while recording his verse, and demanded Mot and Newports to get him in the mood. The rapper’s wild presence unsettled Columbia Records execs, but Carey said she loved the energy he brought: “He was your loving, fun-ass uncle who gets drunk at all the festivities, at Christmas dinner, the cookout, Thanksgiving.”
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Not sure if this has been shared here, but here you are, Fantasy being featured on Vogue’s insta post:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT0RS...dium=copy_link

Comment

• Google Mariah and an article comes up on just jared how Glitter literally saved a womans life! She was late for work at the twin towers on the morning of Sept 11th because she decided to go and buy Glitter instead. The rest was history.

Comment

• Disney+ just released the list of guest stars for “The Proud Family” reboot, and Mariah isn’t on it.

I was kind of hoping she’d be on the show. Her episode was cute.

Comment

11. Walter A (ft. Rihanna)

No but seriously the production team you have there coupled with Mariah's magic and vision (her songwriting-producing-golden pipes) as a centerpiece would probably result in a 21st century version of Butterfly. The original Butterfly was also a mix of R&B, Pop, Hip-hop and dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                  Also.. let's imagine for a moment Mariah arriving at the Met gala like...

The ensemble is what it is but she looks gorgeous actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

The ensemble is what it is but she looks gorgeous actually.
                                    Queen of sustainability. Recycling used picnic cloth. #Pow

Comment

• Tbh Mariah seems she's really been into working with Daniel Moore for the most part. Their collaborations (Portrait, In The Mix, Sleigh Ride), for me, are all pretty good... but that's it: they're good. Not amazing. Like, the Mariah//Daniel Moore chemistry is good enough but just doesn't fully do it for me. And obviously I'm only speaking for myself here, but yeah. When it comes to a Mariah/Waldo or a Mariah/Jermash collabo you're pretty much guaranteed fire, but her and Daniel Moore it's definitely not that. Idk.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

They just need a better Grammy’s campaign, TEOM had a great one

The people on the committees are more likely to vote for Mariah now than before, voting members who aren’t record label people, which is a good chunk, just vote for what the critics like, and the critics like Mariah finally

Caution wasn’t nominated because hardly anyone knew it existed, sorry but that’s just the truth, she had to go on that rescheduled tour at a really bad time and the label did a shite job promoting the album and the videos were pretty but entirely too boring catch anyone’s attention

The next album needs a press campaign focused not on the legacy but the new material, hot IG pics even if she’s fully dressed, and at least one expensive video, and honestly, she should ask teenagers and Roc and Roe’s friends what the first single should be , all I know is it should have full vocals like ILT and WBT and #B
                                        I agree with all of this. Well said.

Also, agreed on your point about IG actually. And the campaign having the NEW material as the focus.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                          Tbh Mariah seems she's really been into working with Daniel Moore for the most part. Their collaborations (Portrait, In The Mix, Sleigh Ride), for me, are all pretty good... but that's it: they're good. Not amazing. Like, the Mariah//Daniel Moore chemistry is good enough but just doesn't fully do it for me. And obviously I'm only speaking for myself here, but yeah. When it comes to a Mariah/Waldo or a Mariah/Jermash collabo you're pretty much guaranteed fire, but her and Daniel Moore it's definitely not that. Idk.
                                          I think her collab with Daniel Moore is very bleh. He’s fine for playing piano on her tour but not as producer imo

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                            Jesus…. 4 new pages in the thread and I thought there was some exciting news. And then I read the new posts….
                                            If you want exciting news go look at Twitter or her Twitter/Instagram feed, you'll get news there or lack thereof.

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post

I completely agree with all of this. Fans are beating a dead horse at this point. The fact of the matter is Mariah will always do when Mariah wants to do. Fans be damned. I feel like, we have been talking about these same issues for the past 15 years such as mismanagement and Mariah being her own worst enemy. At least since I've been a fan since 2005 that's all I've heard people talk about. Even when Mariah Carey had a great year in 2005, fans were complaining. All lambs do is complain and complain and complain. There was much more celebrations but there's also complaining about what should be done differently. Even with the vast majority of fans loving what was going on in 2005, there's also a few that were complaining. It's like we can never be happy as a fan base as a collective. For me that is sad and if Mariah was in my shoes, I wouldn't know what to do. The fact that she continues to feed Us each and every year, I am internally grateful. My gratefulness extends beyond my criticism. I do have criticism but that doesn't mean I need to criticize every little thing every damn day. There are certain users here that are known to criticize because that's all that they do. It's become reductant. I've accepted what the state of her career is at and I have moved on. Since the vast majority of people on this website have moved on and appreciate what Mariah is doing, I figured the few trolls left on the site that have been commenting all day, should move on too.
                                              These sorts of posts shows that there are some on here who can't have a grown up objective conversation. They resort to calling others trolls when they should take a look at themselves.

You have a right to your opinion, if you don't like something don't comment, focus on your little group (the same predictable people) who you are likeminded with and respond to that.

This board doesn't belong to one point of view, nor should it be.

Comment

• If she wears this, one thing's for sure, she will not see another MET.

Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                                Also.. let's imagine for a moment Mariah arriving at the Met gala like...

The dress inside the coat is interesting, don't think i've seen that on its own...

Comment

• Is JD even on Puff's level? Yes he's done some huge songs for Mariah, but Diddy will get more support and is a character.

Also Honey can go up against WBT, SIO or ABMB.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  Mariah is trending on twitter once again after JD challenged Diddy to a verzuz

Comment

• Sadly, she didn't even get a nomination for Heartbreaker.

Interestingly only 1 nomination in the 90s......they did her so wrong.

MTV Video Music Awards 1996 "One Sweet Day"
                                                    (with Boyz II Men)
                                                    Best R&B Video Nominated
                                                    1998 "Honey" (Remix) Best Female Video Nominated
                                                    2003 "I Know What You Want"
                                                    (with Busta Rhymes)
                                                    Best Hip-Hop Video Nominated
                                                    2005 "We Belong Together" Best Female Video Nominated
                                                    Best R&B Video Nominated
                                                    2006 "Shake It Off" Nominated
                                                    2008 "Touch My Body" Best Female Video Nominated

Comment

Working...
                                                    X