Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

These sorts of posts shows that there are some on here who can't have a grown up objective conversation. They resort to calling others trolls when they should take a look at themselves.

You have a right to your opinion, if you don't like something don't comment, focus on your little group (the same predictable people) who you are likeminded with and respond to that.

This board doesn't belong to one point of view, nor should it be.
    Obviously the same can be said to you. If you don't like my opinion. Keep it cute and move along. I will continue to posts what I like. Stay in your feelings. K
    I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• I’m pretty sure confessions sold more than biggie and mary combined.
      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

No but seriously the production team you have there coupled with Mariah's magic and vision (her songwriting-producing-golden pipes) as a centerpiece would probably result in a 21st century version of Butterfly. The original Butterfly was also a mix of R&B, Pop, Hip-hop and dance.

Hey she loves Hero!

Comment

• Glad you got the message and kindly don't ever respond to my posts or coversations and i'll do the same with you.

One last piece of advice. If you feel like throwing the troll word around to whoever it is, perhaps raise it directly to bm08, he can deal with it.

Comment

Sadly, she didn't even get a nomination for Heartbreaker.

Interestingly only 1 nomination in the 90s......they did her so wrong.
            Aw. "Heartbreaker" definitely deserved a VMA.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Puff surely has some memorable RnB/Hip-Hop tracks.....and he sang on then as well as executive produce a lot of artists.

JD does have the upperhand I think in songwriting and producing in general.

I wonder why Mariah doesn't work with Puff anymore, he did put a strong stamp on Butterfly.....though she never worked with him in a meaningful way again since.

Puff's biggest hits:

* I'll Be Missing You - #1
              * Mo Money Mo Problems - #1
              * Shake Ya Tailfeather - #1
              * I Don't Wanna Know - #2
              * Can't Nobody Hold Me Down - #1
              * Bump Bump Bump - #1
              * I Need A Girl - #2

Comment

• Please refrain from the personal commentary and backseat moderation. It just causes unnecessary drama and conflict.

I recommend using the "ignore" feature.
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Puff surely has some memorable RnB/Hip-Hop tracks.....and he sang on then as well as executive produce a lot of artists.

JD does have the upperhand I think in songwriting and producing in general.

I wonder why Mariah doesn't work with Puff anymore, he did put a strong stamp on Butterfly.....though she never worked with him in a meaningful way again since.

Puff's biggest hits:

* I'll Be Missing You - #1
                  * Mo Money Mo Problems - #1
                  * Shake Ya Tailfeather - #1
                  * I Don't Wanna Know - #2
                  * Can't Nobody Hold Me Down - #1
                  * Bump Bump Bump - #1
                  * I Need A Girl - #2

you really ask why? He was J.Lo's boyfriend and actively stole music from countless of other acts to give to her.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Aw. "Heartbreaker" definitely deserved a VMA.
                    absolutely. Heartbreaker is a fun and creative video with a lot of replay value. It also became iconic for the fight scene alone.

Heartbreaker
                    Honey
                    Obsessed

should have all won a VMA. If any other female act had these type of videos, they would have won.
                    My Chart

Comment

Glad you got the message and kindly don't ever respond to my posts or coversations and i'll do the same with you.

One last piece of advice. If you feel like throwing the troll word around to whoever it is, perhaps raise it directly to bm08, he can deal with it.
                      Ok. I was being kind but now not so much. I've already flagged and reported you. You don't run this forum or me. You are not my parents and honestly if I want to comment on your posts I can. You should have kept it cute like I said instead of taking it personal. You are the only one who felt offended or felt the need to call me out for the troll comment. I wasn't even directing it at anyone directly. This is a classic example of falling into your own trap. Moving forward I will be reporting your posts I deem too argumentative. And yes I just commented on your post after you told me not to. I am moving on. Have a sweet day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                        Please refrain from the personal commentary and backseat moderation. It just causes unnecessary drama and conflict.

I recommend using the "ignore" feature.
                        Is this really a feature?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

absolutely. Heartbreaker is a fun and creative video with a lot of replay value. It also became iconic for the fight scene alone.

Heartbreaker
                          Honey
                          Obsessed

should have all won a VMA. If any other female act had these type of videos, they would have won.
                          Obsessed? Nah!

Touch my body deserved one. I think it is her best video, high budget and the right amount of kitsch and humor! Honey is on the same level.

Got me thinking about her videos and she a lot of nice ones too actually, especially in the TEOM era. A lot of duds too of course, who can forget the classic video of IWTKWLI!
                          Last edited by Michiel; Wed September 15, 2021, 20:37.
                          Eudaimonia
                          Last.fm
                          Instagram

Comment

• I can't believe why some people on here don't have a successful carreer as a manager. They know exactly what an artist have to do to go to #1 on the charts, to be in the public eye 24/7 and to make everything they do into a huge success.
                            My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

you really ask why? He was J.Lo's boyfriend and actively stole music from countless of other acts to give to her.
                              Really? I totally forgot they were even an item.

I think they're on good terms. They've been in various photos together and he was at the TEOM party.

It's interesting, Mariah works with these hip/hop/rappers just before they make their big break but she doesn't work with them again. Like Kanye and Jay-Z to a degree although they're probably on good terms.

Comment

• Touch My Body
                                Obsessed
                                Heartbreaker (!!!!)
                                Honey (!!!!!)
                                Fantasy
                                Breakdown
                                My All
                                Get Your Number

Definitely deserved VMAs (nominations) imo. Maybe "I Still Believe" (simple but gorgeous video imho) and "It’s Like That" as well.
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post

Ok. I was being kind but now not so much. I've already flagged and reported you. You don't run this forum or me. You are not my parents and honestly if I want to comment on your posts I can. You should have kept it cute like I said instead of taking it personal. You are the only one who felt offended or felt the need to call me out for the troll comment. I wasn't even directing it at anyone directly. This is a classic example of falling into your own trap. Moving forward I will be reporting your posts I deem too argumentative. And yes I just commented on your post after you told me not to. I am moving on. Have a sweet day.
                                  I felt offended by the troll comment as well. I think you should also be flagged if that other user is.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    I can't believe why some people on here don't have a successful carreer as a manager. They know exactly what an artist have to do to go to #1 on the charts, to be in the public eye 24/7 and to make everything they do into a huge success.
                                    The lambs know Mariah, they know what works and what does not. For example, if Mariah spearheaded an album with just 3 producers (Max Martin, Walter Afanasieff, Timbaland) she would create her next big magnum opus, and something for a label to be able to market.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

I felt offended by the troll comment as well. I think you should also be flagged if that other user is.
                                      Don't worry tee, i've flagged that post already

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

The lambs know Mariah, they know what works and what does not. For example, if Mariah spearheaded an album with just 3 producers (Max Martin, Walter Afanasieff, Timbaland) she would create her next big magnum opus, and something for a label to be able to market.
                                        If it was that easy, everyone would have #1 albums left and right all the time.
                                        My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

Really? I totally forgot they were even an item.

I think they're on good terms. They've been in various photos together and he was at the TEOM party.

It's interesting, Mariah works with these hip/hop/rappers just before they make their big break but she doesn't work with them again. Like Kanye and Jay-Z to a degree although they're probably on good terms.

well, during and after TEOM Mariah accepted them apologetic ass-kissers back.

Also, she has worked with Jay Z the most out of any serious rapper (except Da Brat)... Jay and her have like... 4 songs together...?
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

If it was that easy, everyone would have #1 albums left and right all the time.
                                            ... every major star actually does... except Mariah. Only 6 #1 albums... it's not even important to get to #1... but them others are collecting them streaming totals.

Imagine... Drake is on his 10th #1 album now. Mariah has 6.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                              Touch My Body
                                              Obsessed
                                              Heartbreaker (!!!!)
                                              Honey (!!!!!)
                                              Fantasy
                                              Breakdown
                                              My All
                                              Get Your Number

Definitely deserved VMAs (nominations) imo. Maybe "I Still Believe" (simple but gorgeous video imho) and "It’s Like That" as well.
                                              ISB is so epic. She looks angelic.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• I think we're all realistic that #1s are not that easy to come by these days. Though there are things that can be done so much better and for an artist of her calibre, does it not sadden you that she doesn't seem to get the same treatment like label support, big A-list events and her projects having ore impact.

Does it not sadden you that an album like Caution can't breakthrough to gain an even wider following, a wider and more diverse fanbase.

Again, I will try not judge those that are resigned to the status quo (I understand where they're coming from) though for some here should make no apology for wanting things to be better. It's sad that more of us are not wanting things to be better here.

Comment

... every major star actually does... except Mariah. Only 6 #1 albums... it's not even important to get to #1... but them others are collecting them streaming totals.

Imagine... Drake is on his 10th #1 album now. Mariah has 6.
                                                  Because industry has changed a lot. They're different situations.
                                                  I don't what should be the formula for her or if she has that budget

Comment

I think we're all realistic that #1s are not that easy to come by these days. Though there are things that can be done so much better and for an artist of her calibre, does it not sadden you that she doesn't seem to get the same treatment like label support, big A-list events and her projects having ore impact.

Does it not sadden you that an album like Caution can't breakthrough to gain an even wider following, a wider and more diverse fanbase.

Again, I will try not judge those that are resigned to the status quo (I understand where they're coming from) though for some here should make no apology for wanting things to be better. It's sad that more of us are not wanting things to be better here.

it doesn't sadden me, bc Mariah is not at all interested in performing her music or talking about it or promoting it. She has retired that career altogether. All she does care about is recording and writing in the studio.

She was a studio act in the beginning of her career and she has opted to hide away again at the end of it. There is nothing wrong with that.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X