Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

well, during and after TEOM Mariah accepted them apologetic ass-kissers back.

Also, she has worked with Jay Z the most out of any serious rapper (except Da Brat)... Jay and her have like... 4 songs together...?
    Only Heartbreaker stands out. wit Jay-Z....all their other tracks together are forgotten by me. LOL

I like what P.Diddy did on Butterfly, i'm not sure how much influence he had on that project but it was definately very polished rnb. Some hits of the late 90s I listen today they sound dated but Mariah's songs on that album seem much fresher.

Perhaps it's more her touch not theirs but we'll never know.

Comment

it doesn't sadden me, bc Mariah is not at all interested in performing her music or talking about it or promoting it. She has retired that career altogether. All she does care about is recording and writing in the studio.

She was a studio act in the beginning of her career and she has opted to hide away again at the end of it. There is nothing wrong with that.
      Why do I sense a slight bitterness in the way you wrote that.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Why do I sense a slight bitterness in the way you wrote that.
        because I am scared that she is not in good health at the moment bc so many people said that she seemed sad during her twitter thing. I don't want her to be sad and I don't want her to be in a depressed state for whatever reason. I want her to be happy.

It really scared me when people said that about her last outing.
        My Chart

Comment

... every major star actually does... except Mariah. Only 6 #1 albums... it's not even important to get to #1... but them others are collecting them streaming totals.

Imagine... Drake is on his 10th #1 album now. Mariah has 6.
          Don't mention Drake, ugh that album was just (uh) yet he launched 9 songs in the Top 10. It doesn't feel as weighty as say what the legends were able to achieve but still, it will go down as 9 songs in the Top 10. Hard to not feel that justice and fairness is not being served regardless of how they calculate these days.

He's probably a strong shot at going back to back Artist of the Decade methinks. The thirst for hip/hop on streaming is just getting bigger, he hasn't flopped yet and releases music constantly.

I digress i know, though yes i'm not happy at such stats being so easily washed away when the legends had it much tougher.
          Last edited by skylynx; Wed September 15, 2021, 20:27.

Comment

• Mariah will loose fans as the years pass. She will always have us, a core group that have been there through it all, but in terms of an actual audience she will have none left. That is whats sad.

Comment

• She seemed more tired than sad. I hope she is fine though.
              I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

Don't mention Drake, ugh that album was just (uh) yet he launched 9 songs in the Top 10. It doesn't feel as weighty as say what the legends were able to achieve but still, it will go down as 9 songs in the Top 10. Hard to not feel that justice and fairness is not being served regardless of how they calculate these days.

He's probably a strong shot at going back to back Artist of the Decade methinks.
                i don't even care.
                My Chart

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                    Mariah will loose fans as the years pass. She will always have us, a core group that have been there through it all, but in terms of an actual audience she will have none left. That is whats sad.
                    i don't care about other people... like if they like her or not.

Mariah has 16 million monthly listeners on Spotify... her audience is actually growing not shrinking. Streaming does have that effect.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Good point stevyy

I keep forgetting her monthly listeners keep rising throughout the year.

Comment

i don't even care.
                        Someone like you who is so stat driven, i don't buy it

Comment

• It's going to take prob another 25-30 years before she gets to 100 million listeners. Has that actually happened yet from anyone?

Comment

i don't care about other people... like if they like her or not.

Mariah has 16 million monthly listeners on Spotify... her audience is actually growing not shrinking. Streaming does have that effect.
                            Well it's only reaching 16m now cause her Christmas casual listeners are coming through.

Though didn't we say that stat shouldn't be relied upon. It's all playlisting at the end of the day right? ;)

Yes it's growing because Spotify is growing. She's missing that big modern hit like Higher Love by Whitney (that's what's driving Whitney's bigger stats on Spotify monthly listeners)

Though the big win this year is Fantasy, Free Guy was a blessing.

Comment

Someone like you who is so stat driven, i don't buy it
                              I just gave up... bc when it is possible to get 9 top 10 single in a single week... then Mariah's achievements are worth nothing... in regards to the new formula.

You can do 2 things:

1) equate both and let her dive down the alltime chart for acts who just need 2 albums to surpass her top 10 count

or

2) realize that we are talking about 2 or even 3 completely different eras in music tabulation that are not equal anymore and share no common demoninator or ground.

I opted for take 2. Whatever is going on in the charts these days cannot be compared to the pre-digital age era.
                              My Chart

Comment

Well it's only reaching 16m now cause her Christmas casual listeners are coming through.

Though didn't we say that stat shouldn't be relied upon. It's all playlisting at the end of the day right? ;)

Yes it's growing because Spotify is growing. She's missing that big modern hit like Higher Love by Whitney (that's what's driving Whitney's bigger stats on Spotify monthly listeners)

Though the big win this year is Fantasy, Free Guy was a blessing.
                                Mariah will settle at 16 million post Xmas in January 2022.
                                My Chart

Comment

I think we're all realistic that #1s are not that easy to come by these days. Though there are things that can be done so much better and for an artist of her calibre, does it not sadden you that she doesn't seem to get the same treatment like label support, big A-list events and her projects having ore impact.

Does it not sadden you that an album like Caution can't breakthrough to gain an even wider following, a wider and more diverse fanbase.

Again, I will try not judge those that are resigned to the status quo (I understand where they're coming from) though for some here should make no apology for wanting things to be better. It's sad that more of us are not wanting things to be better here.

I don't know who the "you" is your post. But speaking for myself, of course I would want Mariah to have more success. Every fan would probably want this.

Barbra Streisand, Madonna, Toni Braxton, Janet Jackson, Celine Dion, Cher... all have been very successful, but don't make the impact like they used to neither. It's not as easy as some fans think: "Let her work with producer X, have her feature artist Z, stop releasing Christmas stuff, put her on a big event and... #1 hit for weeks!" If it was that simple, no one would need a manager and everyone would have hits all the time.

And no, it doesn't sadden me that Caution didn't do better. It found its way to the fans, we got great performances and a few videos. Mariah has a huge following and the people who love her, will find her new music. There are a lot of artists out there who need the attention, a little money and some success way more.
                                  Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• This is who she lost to in the VMA nominations.

Whilst I can't say the ones in the 90s she should've won, i think her strongest videos weren't even nominated that decade.

However, she should've won the 2 in 2005. WBT is just a great video and she was on top of her game that year. Touch My Body also in 2008 was fun and much more enjoyable than piece of me

========================

1996 - Best R&B Video[edit]
                                    The Fugees – "Killing Me Softly"1998 - Best Female Video[edit]
                                    Madonna – "Ray of Light"2003 - Best Hip-Hop Video[edit]
                                    Missy Elliott – "Work It"
                                    2005 - Best Female Video[edit]
                                    Kelly Clarkson – "Since U Been Gone"2005 - Best R&B Video[edit]
                                    Alicia Keys – "Karma"
                                    2006 - Best R&B Video[edit]
                                    Beyoncé (featuring Slim Thug and Bun B) – "Check on It"2008 - Best Female Video[edit]
                                    Britney Spears – "Piece of Me"

Comment

I just gave up... bc when it is possible to get 9 top 10 single in a single week... then Mariah's achievements are worth nothing... in regards to the new formula.

You can do 2 things:

1) equate both and let her dive down the alltime chart for acts who just need 2 albums to surpass her top 10 count

or

2) realize that we are talking about 2 or even 3 completely different eras in music tabulation that are not equal anymore and share no common demoninator or ground.

I opted for take 2. Whatever is going on in the charts these days cannot be compared to the pre-digital age era.

Unfortunately others don't see it that way and will use it as a way to trample on her on Twitter or some publication. Again that DTS Dynamite outranking Fantasy in the latest RS chart. LOL It gives fuel to those publications to even put these so called stars today in her calibre. That's the part that's disgusting.

But you right that #2 is the way to go and you're obviously a few steps ahead of me in accepting that.

Comment

... every major star actually does... except Mariah. Only 6 #1 albums... it's not even important to get to #1... but them others are collecting them streaming totals.

Imagine... Drake is on his 10th #1 album now. Mariah has 6.
                                        Even Madonna who’s got s 8 years older career than Mariah’s got her last album to #1, also Avelino and Janet last albums got to #1, except Mariah who hasn’t seen a #1 album since 2008 (!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I don't know who the "you" is your post. But speaking for myself, of course I would want Mariah to have more success. Every fan would probably want this.

Barbra Streisand, Madonna, Toni Braxton, Janet Jackson, Celine Dion, Cher... all have been very successful, but don't make the impact like they used to neither. It's not as easy as some fans think: "Let her work with producer X, have her feature artist Z, stop releasing Christmas stuff, put her on a big event and... #1 hit for weeks!" If it was that simple, no one would need a manager and everyone would have hits all the time.

And no, it doesn't sadden me that Caution didn't do better. It found its way to the fans, we got great performances and a few videos. Mariah has a huge following and the people who love her, will find her new music. There are a lot of artists out there who need the attention, a little money and some success way more.
                                          It's all relative, you see it half empty....i see it half full.

Of course success is not easy to come by, it takes huge investment, personal investment and years of building the right branding, team, music, videos...all the above.

Though when there's clearly neglect and just a sense of abandonment and resignation, you can't help but want to rally for her and want her or her team to get their act together because I don't feel that whatever they've been doing the past year has given her the impact she deserves and it's down to all the things many have touched upon the past few days.

Comment

It's all relative, you see it half empty....i see it half full.

Of course success is not easy to come by, it takes huge investment, personal investment and years of building the right branding, team, music, videos...all the above.

Though when there's clearly neglect and just a sense of abandonment and resignation, you can't help but want to rally for her and want her or her team to get their act together because I don't feel that whatever they've been doing the past year has given her the impact she deserves and it's down to all the things many have touched upon the past few days.
                                            You see it almost empty. I see it as almost full.

They gave us more than I could have ever dreamed of last year with #MC30. And even though it was full of Mariah in many ways, she still gave us a new song this year and is getting ready to give us more this Christmas.

There is no other artist around 30 years into their carreers that has given so much. And this is coming from me, who is also a huge fan of Madonna, Celine, Whitney, Toni Braxton, Janet Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Diana Ross and more.
                                            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• God, the second verse of the Heartbreaker (Remix) #tone

Why when I met ya that night, baby
                                              I didn't know it wouldn't last
                                              I give my love to you, honey
                                              Wish I could take it all back
                                              See, I have never met a guy
                                              That was better at telling lies
                                              Should've known you'd break my heart

I kind of live for Missy’s singing part too with dem stacked harmonies, I wish Mariah did some

Baby, I'm the real thing
                                              So why you got me sweating you consistently, baby?
                                              Baby, I got that good thing
                                              So why you making love to me? You crazy, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                                                It's going to take prob another 25-30 years before she gets to 100 million listeners. Has that actually happened yet from anyone?
                                                No. Justin Bieber holds the record for most monthly listeners with 86 million.
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

ISB is so epic. She looks angelic.
                                                  Yessss. Proof that you don’t need a gigantic budget to make a great video. And it was a nice tribute to her idol (one of her idols) Marylin Monroe. :,)
                                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post

Is this really a feature?
                                                    Yes it is.

See how to use it here:
                                                    https://www.ukmix.org/help?q=ignore&...xt=1&match=any

How do I ignore another member?

If there are particular members that are bothering you and you do not wish to see their posts or receive Private Messages from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'.

In the top right of the forum, click your Username. A dropdown menu will appear and from here you need to select 'User Settings'. On the page that appears, click 'Account' and scroll to the bottom. In the text area next to 'Ignore List', enter the Usernames of users that you want to Ignore.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X