God, the second verse of the Heartbreaker (Remix) #tone

Why when I met ya that night, baby
    I didn't know it wouldn't last
    I give my love to you, honey
    Wish I could take it all back
    See, I have never met a guy
    That was better at telling lies
    Should've known you'd break my heart

I kind of live for Missy’s singing part too with dem stacked harmonies, I wish Mariah did some

Baby, I'm the real thing
    So why you got me sweating you consistently, baby?
    Baby, I got that good thing
    So why you making love to me? You crazy, baby
    A true classic. Vid should have more views.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yes it is.

See how to use it here:
      https://www.ukmix.org/help?q=ignore&...xt=1&match=any
      Thank you for making this site tolerable again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post

Thank you for making this site tolerable again!
        That feature has been available to everyone since early 2020.😂
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Even Madonna who’s got s 8 years older career than Mariah’s got her last album to #1, also Avelino and Janet last albums got to #1, except Mariah who hasn’t seen a #1 album since 2008 (!!)
          I’d rather see her win the streaming war. Madame x debuted at #1 and dropped like a rock and only two songs have good streaming because of their popular Latin feature. Madonna has a rabid first week fan base. Unbreakable hit #1 but has like 65 million streams and was released in 2015. I think longevity is more valuable than a #1 album.

Comment

• I haven’t listened to ‘Can you hear me’ in nearly a year.
            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjames0408 View Post

I’d rather see her win the streaming war. Madame x debuted at #1 and dropped like a rock and only two songs have good streaming because of their popular Latin feature. Madonna has a rabid first week fan base. Unbreakable hit #1 but has like 65 million streams and was released in 2015. I think longevity is more valuable than a #1 album.
              Saying Madonna doesn’t have longevity is laughable considering Madonna has basically 1 decade older career, Mariah should’ve been doing much better than her and it’s not the case. And you saying a little bit streams are better than a #1 on billboard albums and sales i can’t even find a word to this nonsense. Streams convert to sales so if you saying Mariah done better then caution should’ve sold more than madonnas album and still not the case. So Madonna debuted at #1 and still has more album sales, how is worst than caution?

Comment

• I don’t want to say too much but I can’t bite my tongue regarding the Rolling Stone list.

First and foremost, I’m happy to see Fantasy there as it’s a game-changing song and a well-deserved entry.

Secondly, while we can sit and argue that there’s dozens of Mariah songs missing cause I know this group is a passionate bunch… I myself cannot help but think We Belong Together is an absolutely glaring omission. It has the chart success, the critical acclaim, the records, the awards to back my claim up. For those of us who are from the US (or were here in 2005), y’all know the song was a literal movement—at 11 years old, and by no means a Mariah Carey fan, I could not escape it on any radio station. At that point in time I don’t think I knew of any other songs that had that mass appeal.

Lastly, it’s the GOAT.

Rolling Stone missed big time.
                funny how one can learn
                to grow numb to the madness
                and block it away

Comment

• One thing that Mariah still has going for her (and it’s actually quite impressive considering she came before sociale media) is all her memable moments. She is used so often on Twitter she really is “pop culture royalty”. This exchange was so random and messy. Love it

Comment

• This version of fantasy

Comment

Fantasy the only song on Rolling Stone's greatest songs list:
                      https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ntasy-1224919/

419. Fantasy

Rollingstone is trash... they hate Mariah.... even BTS song (#346) is higher than Fantasy wth
                      Mariah Carey x BTS
                      #20th No.1

Comment

• Where is VOL, WBT, Hero, OSD, AIWFCIY, Emotions, My all???
                        BTS and Nicki minaj is even on the chart lol
                        Rollingstone is such a garbage magazine.
                        Mariah Carey x BTS
                        #20th No.1

Comment

• Artist are already announcing Christmas material so hopefully we get an announcement from MC soon too.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah answered

Comment

• Ahh I went to that Target in LA and had my photo taken in the same spot because of meemz
                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Even Madonna who’s got s 8 years older career than Mariah’s got her last album to #1, also Avelino and Janet last albums got to #1, except Mariah who hasn’t seen a #1 album since 2008 (!!)
                                I wouldn't consider Madonna's new music to be any more successful than Mariah's at the moment, at least not in a vacuum. She has better first-week sales because she is a touring act and sold more bundles. A couple of songs got a bit bigger streams because she had popular features. But, in both cases, the albums were basically tree falling in forest situations, the GP at large doesn't know these records existed. Madonna has a touch more general celebrity left because she was a larger than life figure during her heyday, where Mariah at her peak was much more about the music.

Who had a head start really doesn't figure in. They are both dealing with the same extreme ageism and the general effects of mass consolidation in radio, on top of the issue with teens basically controlling streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                  Ahh I went to that Target in LA and had my photo taken in the same spot because of meemz
                                  This makes me so happy. Love you for this!

Also that entire twitter exchange was hilarious. Glad Mimi got the last word in typical, quotable MC fashion. She has a GIF and a quote for every situation. That's difficult to do and not everyone has that.
                                  You dont have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

Why only compare Mariah to Madonna? Why not other Black artists and R&B icons like Janet Jackson, Toni Braxton and Stevie Wonder?

Why only look at album sales? What about single sales and singles performance?

There is more than one tool to measure success or the lack thereof.

Comment

• BBC Radio 1 just played AIWFCIY

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

Who had a head start really doesn't figure in. They are both dealing with the same extreme ageism and the general effects of mass consolidation in radio, on top of the issue with teens basically controlling streaming.
                                        Europe is less ageism to veteran acts... In Germany everyone above 50 is basically worshipped here... except for MC... if she'd invest 2 weeks of heavy TV promo here, her albums would go top 10 again.

Streaming is a curse and a blessing. It is a blessing bc it is allowing Mariah to dominate the entire 4th quarter of a year... it is a curse bc it is allowing younger and more en-trend acts to dominate with 9 top 10 singles in a single week.

BTW, without that blimey recurrent rule, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) would also chart every single years these days... on the lower half of the H100. The song deserves a justice campaign. Give it 2 more seasons and it is platinum... without having ever graced the H100. O Holy Night will also reach platinum in the next couple of years... while Santa Claus will go Gold.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• I am all for radio playing AIWFCIY year round.

What a feel good song

If it weren't midnight here I'd be blasting it.
                                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

BBC Radio 1 just played AIWFCIY
                                            as it should. The season that is named after Mariah, Christmas, has already begun 2 weeks ago. They are late to the party.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• I think it’s taking so long for an official announcement from AppleTV. We don’t even have an official confirmation AppleTV ordered a second installment for MC Xmas special, only our own speculations and because we heard Mariah is working on something. It’s weird

Comment

• Well Mariah has basically had her third comeback as Christmas Queen, so we shouldn't be mad at her or her label milking this idea. Thanks to this comeback, she is every year relevant among people from all generations every year. (even Gen Z, which is why her streaming numbers go high each season)

Of course she should release more non-holiday music but if she is given proper budget only for Christmas, what can we do?

I think the reason we haven't heard anything official from Apple yet is because it'll be a much bigger project, probably together with her 3rd Christmas album and big collabs (maybe BTS for real). I wish she did the (theoretical) album with Spotify though, their promo is what made MC25 so amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                                                  Well Mariah has basically had her third comeback as Christmas Queen, so we shouldn't be mad at her or her label milking this idea. Thanks to this comeback, she is every year relevant among people from all generations every year. (even Gen Z, which is why her streaming numbers go high each season)

Of course she should release more non-holiday music but if she is given proper budget only for Christmas, what can we do?

I think the reason we haven't heard anything official from Apple yet is because it'll be a much bigger project, probably together with her 3rd Christmas album and big collabs (maybe BTS for real). I wish she did the (theoretical) album with Spotify though, their promo is what made MC25 so amazing
                                                  I hope so. I’m thirst for news. Last year at least she teased months earlier from the announcement the chairs with MC AG JH. I hope spotify don’t be messy like last year because it’s an Apple album. The thing with Apple is better tho cause they put money on the album because of the TV special. I think Spotify doesn’t do that

Comment

• Listening to this masterpiece right now.
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Working...
                                                    X