Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
    I hadn't heard Imperfect before! I love it, but it definitely sounds unfinished. It would be really cool if they added some extra umpf to it and made it sound more current. I wish they had done that to Cool on You too. It's such a good song but I wish it sounded just a bit stronger and fuller (though I understand that the Rarities songs were kind of released "as is").
    Delighted to have introduced you to it! I love it too and yeah there was definitely more work she would have done on it but it's great to me even as it it.
    #justice4imperfect #rarities2
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Was this rumored/confirmed or something that do you would want? LOL.

I don't remember this tbh. Like at all.

OT but I love the Thirsty Intro's she did during TECS Tour.

I don’t have the receipts now, but back then there were extras on Instagram who posted pics and info from the shoot for You Don’t Know What To Do and reports on Twitter that she had shut down a club to shoot a fast 1-day video shoot for “Thirsty”. I believe the rumors back then were that the “Thirsty” video looked cheap, but idk.

I assumed either her label or Mimi herself weren’t happy with the outcomes and amongst the confusion as to which single to push they all just let everything fall to the waste side.

That stuff could have definitely been made up, but those rumors were definitely out there.
      Last edited by 24fanatic; Fri February 19, 2021, 06:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

I don’t have the receipts now, but back then there were extras on Instagram who posted pics and info from the shoot for You Don’t Know What To Do and reports on Twitter that she had shut down a club to shoot a fast 1-day video shoot for “Thirsty”. I believe the rumors back then were that the “Thirsty” video looked cheap, but idk.

I assumed either her label or Mimi herself weren’t happy with the outcomes and amongst the confusion as to which single to push they all just let everything fall to the waste side.

That stuff could have definitely been made up, but those rumors were definitely out there.
        Not to be a D*ck but Is there a chance you may have your wires crossed. I’ve never heard this before and can’t find anything online?

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
          E=MC2 is one of my least favorites, but I can't get enough of this remix!

Love with you... love with you.... love with you...
          I ve been obsessed with this rekix too. Practically listening to it everyday these past 2 weeks. Massive bop!!

Comment

• Mod Note:

barney1814 has been automatically banned for 7 days after accumulating 100 infraction points.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              I'm not a fan of Madge at all (nothing against her either), but I love the way she handled this, LMAO, the read!

"The world is big enough for two girls with the same initials" haha EPIC.

Smart woman
              If only her fand would come to the same conclusion. I really love how Marah and Madonna went out of their way when asked about the other without insulting or shading them in the past 20 years.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

If only her fand would come to the same conclusion. I really love how Marah and Madonna went out of their way when asked about the other without insulting or shading them in the past 20 years.
                Madonna actually said she liked E=MC2, which was shocking. Mariah I think has all respect for Madonna now, they're all grown independent successful legendary women in the music industry. I don't think they have to be salty or show hate towards each other. Just like Pink and Christina used to have a feud in early 2000s, but when they became mothers, they became more forgiving and put everything in the past and moved on.

Comment

• Mariah and Madonna are my top 2 most streamed artists according to LastFM <3

MADONNA

2011 - #11 (75)
                  2012 - #4 (133)
                  2013 - (0)
                  2014 - #125 (3)
                  2015 - #16 (24)
                  2016 - #11 (43)
                  2017 - #1 (304)
                  2018 - #2 (141)
                  2019 - #1 (893)
                  2020 - #2 (419)

MARIAH CAREY

2011 - #1 (490)
                  2012 - #3 (139)
                  2013 - #1(373)
                  2014 - #1(507)
                  2015 - #1 (269)
                  2016 - #2 (145)
                  2017 - #2 (116)
                  2018 - #1 (173)
                  2019 - #2 (567)
                  2020 - #1 (910)

Overall
                  Mariah - #1 (3848)
                  Madonna - #2 (2100)

Rarities pt 2 should include their smash collaboration Angel of Fire (not that it exists anyway).
                  Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• sYair that's great. Not many members have the same two favorite artists as I have.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Anyone else still got the 7 minute masterpiece on repeat? Can’t get enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                        Anyone else still got the 7 minute masterpiece on repeat? Can’t get enough!
                        Yes, still love it.
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Me. It's been on repeat. Such amazing treat for the lambs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Yes, still love it.
                            favourite moment for me is the “baby weeee... I. know. we. do... we belong together” at 6:37.

I could listen to that moment on repeat all day

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

Me. It's been on repeat. Such amazing treat for the lambs.
                              Absolutely spoils us doesn’t she!

Comment

Same. I am excited to see what she does next!

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Not to be a D*ck but Is there a chance you may have your wires crossed. I’ve never heard this before and can’t find anything online?
                                  yeh I never heard of any rumour of those videos being shot ever. he's the first and only person I ever heard talking about this

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

#Hermosa music video is so under rated! And so random as well

It's like the sassy and hispanic cousin of the Against All Odds music video.
                                    "Las cosas se van a poner looocaaaaassss"

Comment

• Thirsty is one of her hottest songs it should’ve been released in 2013 after N****s in Paris!

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                                        I agree. Skydiving is way better. But yes, only my opinion (and Shaka's!).
                                        And Ally's, who's #obsessed

Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                                        YESSS! Perfect mix!
                                        I need to add #B on the list, but yasss, perfect!

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

I've never heard none of that febore, and couldn't find nothing about it on any site.

I'm sure it was made-up. Other than that we would have some type of "proof" (leaks, pics, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                            Mod Note:barney1814 has been automatically banned for 7 days after accumulating 100 infraction points.
                                            Thanks!
                                            And it goes like, "snakes in the grass it's time to cut the lawn"

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                            You're not alone.
                                            The extented version is giving me life every day. I play it all the time!

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                            Thirsty is one of her hottest songs it should’ve been released in 2013 after N****s in Paris!
                                            Yeah, it was a hot sound at the time!

Comment

• The video just crossed 1M views.

and 2.1M views on Insta.

Comment

• So gorgeous!

Comment

• Comment

• Question: Mariah songs that you think would translate well to a guy singing with acoustic guitar?

looking for ideas for songs that haven’t been done to death already (ABMB)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X