Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Very detailed and fun vocal analysis of Mariah's performance.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Anderson View Post

      but Apple TV exclusive means no Spotify, no YouTube...
      It's so sad that we can't expect successful chart performance of the upcoming Christmas single...
      Thats not true.

      The album was available first on Apple but everywhere else the week after. It also charted the first week when it was first available on Apple.

      The single was available everywhere from day one.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

      Comment


      • 30 years of "Emotions"!

        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
          I wonder about that 9 minute song she said she recorded. Is it the new Christmas song she said that starts one place and goes to another place. Or, is it a non-Christmas song? If it’s not the Christmas song, I wonder what song it’s for.
          I think she said it’s not Xmas song. I wonder if it’s something like Billie Eilish’s song “happier than ever”.

          -
          I’m curious to see how her next album will debut on metacritic. Critics seems more friendly to her than ever before

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

            I think she said it’s not Xmas song. I wonder if it’s something like Billie Eilish’s song “happier than ever”.

            -
            I’m curious to see how her next album will debut on metacritic. Critics seems more friendly to her than ever before
            critics seem to love everything, EVERYTHING, these days... it wouldn't surprise me if her next album gets a 90 score.
            My Chart

            Comment


            • Happy Birthday to Emotions... one of the greatest albums every (by anyone). If it's over alone is one of the greatest ballads ever. Emotions (song) is easily the most legendary pop vocal performance ever and Make It Happen is easily the greatest dance/house whatever combo ever and AND Can't Let Go is easily the greatst pop-soul R&P(op) song ever made.

              <3

              so many superlatives in my little rant and all of them are the most deserved for this masterpiece of an album. I demand a 5xP re-cert immediately.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • Mariah’s last Apple TV+ Xmas special was announced at the end of August last year… but the official date and details about the special weren’t announced until mid-November… so we may need to wait a bit to find out more.

                Comment




                • Let's talk about it.

                  Even though I try I can’t let goooooo *points mic to the audience*
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                  Comment


                  • Emotions (Album) is a masterpiece!!! I'm so happy Billboard took the time to highlight it and I agree that it's a one-of-a-kind album in Mariah's catalog. it really deserves all the praises
                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post


                      Let's talk about it.

                      Even though I try I can’t let goooooo *points mic to the audience*
                      In awe of this each & every time. one of the greatest songs & performances
                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                      Comment


                      • aww, MTV Unplugged. Often overlooked, never talked about, forgotten by the lambs, unwanted, un-heard, disliked even.

                        Here we have an album, released by a 22 year old woman, who was in the 3rd year of her career, who faced harsh criticizm for not giving "enough" "live" performance (despite being on TV 24/7 belting out her evergreen vocal suicides) who got the OK from the biggest music network (MTV) to perform in their biggest and most impactful concert series... and that 22 year old girl, entered, slayed and left the mic on the ground smoking... her statement on the wall..

                        It is this album... which was able to spawn a live-set #1 song on the charts and which sold a staggering 3 million copies in the USA alone (6,5 million units globally) and it is not in everyone's mouths anymore.

                        It is a bizarre discussion to have about this evergreen, once in a career highlight.

                        That performance of CLG in particular is earth-shattering, soul bearing, life changing and just outstandingly incredible.

                        We should talk about it more, we should revere it. We should celebrate it. And everyone should own it... if not for being a hardcore lamb, then for being a genuine music enthusiast who likes great music.
                        My Chart

                        Comment


                        • MIMI is such a legend... she has got

                          1) a multi-platinum certified live album
                          2) multiple multi-platinum certified compilation albums of hits
                          3) a gold-certified Remix album
                          4) a soon-to be gold-certified Ballads album
                          5) a Rarities album

                          some acts burn out after their 2nd album... MIMI has all of those special releases and with the exception of the 2020 release, all of them have been stellar successes. What an f-ing legend.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • So, which of those special releases is your favourite?

                            The Greatest Hits
                            The Remixes
                            The Ballads
                            The Rarities

                            ?

                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              aww, MTV Unplugged. Often overlooked, never talked about, forgotten by the lambs, unwanted, un-heard, disliked even.

                              Here we have an album, released by a 22 year old woman, who was in the 3rd year of her career, who faced harsh criticizm for not giving "enough" "live" performance (despite being on TV 24/7 belting out her evergreen vocal suicides) who got the OK from the biggest music network (MTV) to perform in their biggest and most impactful concert series... and that 22 year old girl, entered, slayed and left the mic on the ground smoking... her statement on the wall..

                              It is this album... which was able to spawn a live-set #1 song on the charts and which sold a staggering 3 million copies in the USA alone (6,5 million units globally) and it is not in everyone's mouths anymore.

                              It is a bizarre discussion to have about this evergreen, once in a career highlight.

                              That performance of CLG in particular is earth-shattering, soul bearing, life changing and just outstandingly incredible.

                              We should talk about it more, we should revere it. We should celebrate it. And everyone should own it... if not for being a hardcore lamb, then for being a genuine music enthusiast who likes great music.

                              I remember recording this on VHS when it premiered!
                              no social media or YouTube. It was an awesome experience watching this when it first aired. I had seen all her TV Promo performances, but this was different!
                              she killed it!!!!!

                              Make It Happen with Walter A and David Cole was such a highlight!
                              Mariah was top notch vocals and they rose to the occasion and killed it instrumentally! Looks like Walter and David were just having so much fun vibing together! They both had smiles on their faces! And Mariah just killed it!

                              It’s hard to find artists like this and killing it! Unplugged!
                              http://marcokircher.com
                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                              My YT Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                              IG: marco235

                              Comment


                              •  
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                                My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  So, which of those special releases is your favourite?

                                  The Greatest Hits
                                  The Remixes
                                  The Ballads
                                  The Rarities

                                  ?
                                  The Ballads will never be touched by anyone.

                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                    critics seem to love everything, EVERYTHING, these days... it wouldn't surprise me if her next album gets a 90 score.
                                    Not true. Drake’s and Kanye west’s latest albums are a monster hit on the charts and both got bad reviews and it’s yellow on metacritic

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

                                      The Ballads will never be touched by anyone.

                                      I love that CD as well. It's so epic.

                                      However, a personal story:

                                      In 2003 when The Remixes were released, the famous website MariahDaily had printable promo posters on their site for fans to donwload and spread across their neighbourhood. Since, I was such a shy guy... I opted for printing them out and putting them in the backseat-windows of my car... and with those posters on my car, I drove around wherever I went for about 1 year.

                                      I love the remixes (album) because a lot of the remixes I had never heard before. I only began to buy her physical singles on which those remixes were originally available... years after. I believe that I completed my Mariah singles collection in like 2018 or so. #ThankUEbay.
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                        Not true. Drake’s and Kanye west’s latest albums are a monster hit on the charts and both got bad reviews and it’s yellow on metacritic
                                        they are not pop gurls. The only exception might be Katy... but that is bias. I'd be here for MC16 become another acclaimed album. We all know that they did her dirty in the past. CB actually belong to the 30 worst rated albums of all times on MetaCritic with a score of 43.

                                        I don't think that Charmbracelet ranks among the 30 worst albums ever recorded in the history of music. I'd give it a rating of 73.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • 26 seconds in Mariah is mentioned

                                          https://fb.watch/84MDpI5-v0/
                                          Me. I am Itsawrap.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            So, which of those special releases is your favourite?

                                            The Greatest Hits
                                            The Remixes
                                            The Ballads
                                            The Rarities
                                            ?
                                            The Rarities only because it gave me all (almost all) new songs, whereas the others had songs that I'd heard or owned already.

                                            The Rarities is more of Mariah's creativity, songwriting, and vocals and a glimpse into her amazing unheard catalogue.
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

                                            Comment


                                            • https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/17/w...trademark.html

                                              Black Irish, Mariah Carey’s New Liquor, Can’t Be Sold in Ireland


                                              A trademark dispute with an Irish company has prevented the singer’s new line of Irish cream liqueur from reaching customers in Ireland or the rest of the European Union.

                                              Comment


                                              • Mariah can’t sell Black Irish anywhere in the European Union for the time being, and the guy who owns the company disputing her trademark is a total ass trying to get famous off her.

                                                He bragged about being the first Google image result when you search her name. He thinks his parents would be proud of him for trying to capitalize off someone else’s name. How effing weird is that?

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                                  Mariah can’t sell Black Irish anywhere in the European Union for the time being, and the guy who owns the company disputing her trademark is a total ass trying to get famous off her.

                                                  Exactly

                                                  Comment




                                                  • This is really well done

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X