No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys know that there are many amazing Open Arms live performances?

MSG undubbed version

TOTP Live

These two are probably the best I guess...
    Mariah Carey x BTS
    #20th No.1

Comment

• Enjoying Emotions album today. What a masterpiece
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

tbh I wouldn't. But what a faux-pas on her team... they might have to change the name for Europe... (the world's 2nd largest global market after the US).
        We should come up with possible cool new names for her liquer and let her know via Instagram or Twitter!

Comment

• Can’t she just add a tiny ‘&’

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Like a Petals 2.0?

Just noticing the flower motif with Petals and Sunflowers for Alfred Roy when speaking about (ex)-family members.
            I honestly wouldn’t mind because it’s not like she can’t produce a vocal in a similar way with her current voice. I just love the vulnerability of the subject matter, it also contains the most blunt and upsetting first line of a song she has written. Completing the story now she’s a mother and in a much better place emotionally could be something great as an album track.

Comment

• I was today years old when I found out that "Don’t Stop (Funkin 4 Jamaica)" had a music video…

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                I was today years old when I found out that "Don’t Stop (Funkin 4 Jamaica)" had a music video…
                I was 16, the year was 2001.
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  Enjoying Emotions album today. What a masterpiece
                  do you really? It's not on the RS list.
                  My Chart

Comment

• https://people.com/tv/jada-pinkett-s...ed-table-talk/

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

I honestly wouldn’t mind because it’s not like she can’t produce a vocal in a similar way with her current voice. I just love the vulnerability of the subject matter, it also contains the most blunt and upsetting first line of a song she has written. Completing the story now she’s a mother and in a much better place emotionally could be something great as an album track.
                      That is what I originally thought she would do on an album after she had her babies. A petals type deeply personal song, or even continue petals as a part 2. Instead we got the standard I love you baby song that every singer does complete with using the baby vocals. It just seems so generic and something anyone could do, but working with BMC I am not surprised.

Put it It this way. Mariah in 1997,98,99 or 2000 having a child would have produced something so deep we would still be listening to it to this day. I miss that Mariah. (Portrait was a step back in the right direction).

Comment

• neat. Mariah was one of Will's beards back in the day.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Hi everyone ! I decided to join. First post on the forum but I've been following and reading you for many years. I'm 36 and I'm from France. I love, admire and support Mariah since I recieved Music Box album as a present back in the days.. voilą

Comment

• Originally posted by Atom View Post
                            Hi everyone ! I decided to join. First post on the forum but I've been following and reading you for many years. I'm 36 and I'm from France. I love, admire and support Mariah since I recieved Music Box album as a present back in the days.. voilą
                            welcome. Salut, mon ami.
                            My Chart

Comment

do you really? It's not on the RS list.
                              Yes, it is one of my favourite bodies of work by Mariah. I prefer it to Daydream overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yes, it is one of my favourite bodies of work by Mariah. I prefer it to Daydream overall.
                                me too. I have been saying for YEARS that it is in my top 3 MC albums along: Butterfly and Caution.
                                My Chart

Comment

• BTW, I bought Emotions eons later... I believe it must've been 1999 or so that I was able to buy a copy. I bought it in the same week as her debut album. I remember that her debut album was still sold on its original price of 35 Deutsche Marks. I remember, that Emotions was discounted tho. But I can't remember the price anymore.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• I would not hate a collab between those two. They obviously share some common trauma/esthetics/crossover sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atom View Post
                                      Hi everyone ! I decided to join. First post on the forum but I've been following and reading you for many years. I'm 36 and I'm from France. I love, admire and support Mariah since I recieved Music Box album as a present back in the days.. voilą
                                      Welcome! It's great to see you've made the jump from viewer to contributor! Dont be a stranger.
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                        I would not hate a collab between those two. They obviously share some common trauma/esthetics/crossover sound.
                                        didn't he support Nicki Minaj's quest to shoot Mariah's children in 2013? ATRL has them records.
                                        My Chart

Comment

didn't he support Nicki Minaj's quest to shoot Mariah's children in 2013? ATRL has them records.
                                          I never heard of such a thing. he respects Mariah and Mariah even congratulated him for breaking her record

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I never heard of such a thing. he respects Mariah and Mariah even congratulated him for breaking her record
                                            It's all good now. I'm supporting him. I'd enjoy a collabo tbh.

They could do something poppy that would remind us of Rainbow... or just re-record the rainbow interlude (as a full song) with him doing some lines.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Krayzie Bone on the making of Breakdown:

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Krayzie Bone sounds very incoherent. Did he just say that Mariah served them drugs on a silver platter?
                                                My Chart

Comment

BTW, I bought Emotions eons later... I believe it must've been 1999 or so that I was able to buy a copy. I bought it in the same week as her debut album. I remember that her debut album was still sold on its original price of 35 Deutsche Marks. I remember, that Emotions was discounted tho. But I can't remember the price anymore.
                                                  I kept a special journal for the CD's I bought in the 80s/90s. With the date I bought them, how much they cost (if it was a special price), reviews, etc. I regret I didn't keep it.
                                                  UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I kept a special journal for the CD's I bought in the 80s/90s. With the date I bought them, how much they cost (if it was a special price), reviews, etc. I regret I didn't keep it.
                                                    That is so cool that you did that. It shows just how much music defined you. I am the same person.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X