Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

    didn't he support Nicki Minaj's quest to shoot Mariah's children in 2013? ATRL has them records.

    He definitely ran a Nicki Minaj fan page and made disparaging posts about Mariah yet Kendrick made a comment about preferring another singers voice and lambs don’t want her to work with him. Make it make sense

    Comment


    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      Krayzie Bone sounds very incoherent. Did he just say that Mariah served them drugs on a silver platter?
      This story has been repeated multiple times by various sources. She knew how to keep her collaborators happy haha :-)
      You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post


        He definitely ran a Nicki Minaj fan page and made disparaging posts about Mariah yet Kendrick made a comment about preferring another singers voice and lambs don’t want her to work with him. Make it make sense
        Kendrick's remarks were ultra toxic bc he is taken seriously. And when he said that Mariah cannot sing... RS made a cover story out of it.
        My Chart

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tee View Post

          That is what I originally thought she would do on an album after she had her babies. A petals type deeply personal song, or even continue petals as a part 2. Instead we got the standard I love you baby song that every singer does complete with using the baby vocals. It just seems so generic and something anyone could do, but working with BMC I am not surprised.

          Put it It this way. Mariah in 1997,98,99 or 2000 having a child would have produced something so deep we would still be listening to it to this day. I miss that Mariah. (Portrait was a step back in the right direction).

          I understand what you mean but I also think these are two different types of songs.


          We are yet to see Mariahs writing style since the book I’m extremely curious to see how raw she will be. We’ve noticed a change even in her interviews she’s much more open now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

            I never heard of such a thing. he respects Mariah and Mariah even congratulated him for breaking her record

            In his old tweets he said Mariah can’t sing. I think he’s fun, I’ll watch his music video’s once or twice, that’s it.
            Me. I am Itsawrap.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

              Kendrick's remarks were ultra toxic bc he is taken seriously. And when he said that Mariah cannot sing... RS made a cover story out of it.
              Kendricks comments were before his mega stardom too and he did not say she can’t sing he said along the lines “a flurry of high notes doesn’t consider you the best singer alive” in response to a fan.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                Krayzie Bone on the making of Breakdown:

                Love it

                Comment


                • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post


                  I understand what you mean but I also think these are two different types of songs.


                  We are yet to see Mariahs writing style since the book I’m extremely curious to see how raw she will be. We’ve noticed a change even in her interviews she’s much more open now.
                  I love the new Mariah. The questlove podcast was amazing, but all the interviews she did for the book. She left the burden behind.

                  Comment


                  • Album anniversaries appear to have some impact on streaming numbers.

                    Emotions
                    16th Sept - 57,856
                    17th Sept - 62,662 (+4,806)

                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                    Comment


                    • New peak for Somewhat Loved!

                      Now #8 (+1) on R&B radio with 4.692M Audience Impressions and 1272 radio spins.

                      Also, year to date it is now the 39th (+2) biggest song for the format.


                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                        New peak for Somewhat Loved!

                        Now #8 (+1) on R&B radio with 4.692M Audience Impressions and 1272 radio spins.

                        Also, year to date it is now the 39th (+2) biggest song for the format.

                        This is quite impressive, no? Specially for a song that didn't get promotion and it's been released already a while ago.
                        Number eight is fantastic!
                        Underneath The Stars

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chilled View Post

                          This is quite impressive, no? Specially for a song that didn't get promotion and it's been released already a while ago.
                          Number eight is fantastic!
                          I think so too.

                          I was hoping they would do some remixes similar to the Babyface track but no signs point to that at the moment.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                            I love the new Mariah. The questlove podcast was amazing, but all the interviews she did for the book. She left the burden behind.
                            Yes

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              Krayzie Bone sounds very incoherent. Did he just say that Mariah served them drugs on a silver platter?
                              Just weed

                              It’s legal now

                              Looking back, I think the kitten and cotton moment between Lee and Mariah was a “the weed was too strong” moment
                              Last edited by allygdale; Sun September 19, 2021, 20:29.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                                Just weed

                                It’s legal now dahling
                                This is not good news. Now Alison can claim that Mariah drugged her and tried to sell her for prostitution.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                                  Just weed

                                  It’s legal now dahling
                                  And I've read/heard that stoery before

                                  Comment


                                  • Shocking to hear that Mariah was doing weed back in 1997. That cannot have helped with her voice.
                                    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                    Stan of Meredith.

                                    Comment


                                    • It’s just weed… chill.. She can have some fun. The kitten and cotton moment, love it.
                                      Eudaimonia
                                      Last.fm
                                      Instagram

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                        It’s just weed… chill.. She can have some fun. The kitten and cotton moment, love it.
                                        Sure, but it also adds another thing to what may have caused her voice to deteriotate around that time 1997 and on when it was extra raspy.

                                        Stans have always insisted it was due to nodules primarily but if she was regularly smoking weed, that would surely have caused issues also. Smoking is obviously not good for a singer, be it cigarettes or weed.
                                        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                        Stan of Meredith.

                                        Comment


                                        • Could be, I don’t really care. I am not gonna tell what a 20 year+ woman can or cannot do. I’m not one of those stans . I also don’t think this was a secret or…?
                                          Eudaimonia
                                          Last.fm
                                          Instagram

                                          Comment


                                          • I want Adele to do a cover of the wind or I don’t wanna cry.
                                            Me. I am Itsawrap.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                              I want Adele to do a cover of the wind or I don’t wanna cry.
                                              Why those two particular songs?
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                                I also don’t think this was a secret or…?


                                                https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-meltdown.html



                                                Comment


                                                • Omg yes I remember that last picture! EPIC. Imagine entering a coffee shop like that!
                                                  Eudaimonia
                                                  Last.fm
                                                  Instagram

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I’m that chick is about smoking weed with whoever

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X