Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
      Question: Mariah songs that you think would translate well to a guy singing with acoustic guitar?

looking for ideas for songs that haven’t been done to death already (ABMB)
      My All

#Beautiful

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Question: Mariah songs that you think would translate well to a guy singing with acoustic guitar?
        #Beautiful would be a good choice IMO.

This is the guy who performed OSD with Mimi during TECS Tour btw.

Comment

• Queen of Spain

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions I’ve never covered a Mariah song before but I might have a play around with some of her stuff. I like to change up arrangements and stuff so I’m thinking beautiful might be quite good slowed down a bit with folky fingerpicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              Queen of Spain

Damn, that body! She has such good genes, she literally never went to the gym or exercised and she was/is so naturally toned

Comment

Damn, that body! She has such good genes, she literally never went to the gym or exercised and she was/is so naturally toned
                LOL of course Mariah exercises.

Comment

We belong together sounds incredible on a guitar - i love this rendition

Comment

How about Shake it Off? Depending on how you play the guitar, I think it could work well.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

How about Shake it Off? Depending on how you play the guitar, I think it could work well.
                      Could actually work ! I play folk, finger picking mostly.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

We belong together sounds incredible on a guitar - i love this rendition

Nice!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions I’ve never covered a Mariah song before but I might have a play around with some of her stuff. I like to change up arrangements and stuff so I’m thinking beautiful might be quite good slowed down a bit with folky fingerpicking.
                          Yasss, and please share it with us later!

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                          ​​​​​​​I know! #genes

Comment

Could actually work ! I play folk, finger picking mostly.
                            I think almost every song could work with the right arrangement, I'm thinking that Dreamlover would sound nice if you go for that sound.

Let us know your pick!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

LOL of course Mariah exercises.

Haha, only in heels though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I think almost every song could work with the right arrangement, I'm thinking that Dreamlover would sound nice if you go for that sound.

Let us know your pick!
                                Dream lover is a very good shout!

Comment

• We've been so spoiled with MC30 Fridays that it feels weird not having anything today.
                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    We've been so spoiled with MC30 Fridays that it feels weird not having anything today.
                                    all that MC30 proved was that Mariah absolutely despises Glitter.

I dislike that she is fake smiling her way through the conversation and claiming that she likes "certain songs" on it... when in reality, she doesn't even know it exists. Why else would she ignore it during its week?
                                    My Chart

Comment

We've been so spoiled with MC30 Fridays that it feels weird not having anything today.
                                      I feel relieved actually LOL.
                                      I'm still processing and enjoying the WBT Mixes
                                      I needed that break

Comment

Dream lover is a very good shout!
                                        This sounds really good!

Comment

Longer chords are great for strums, Don’t Forget About Us would be PERFECT, Obsessed too

Comment

I hope she doesn't postpone another week of MOAIA again. I hate to get anxious for nothing

Comment

• God, MC would slay “Nick of Time” by Bonnie Raitt, even an interpolation

Comment

Nice!
                                                Hearing WBT covered makes me re-realize how genius it is lyrically

They’re really simple for Mariah lyrics, but not DUMBED down, they still strike such an emotional note, what a feat to achieve that balance

The same simple approach worked so well in Can’t Let Go and Love Takes Time but I think the sophistication in WBT comes from the second verse references

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

all that MC30 proved was that Mariah absolutely despises Glitter.

I dislike that she is fake smiling her way through the conversation and claiming that she likes "certain songs" on it... when in reality, she doesn't even know it exists. Why else would she ignore it during its week?
                                                  My guess would be that whatever prevented Glitter from being available at streaming services is still affecting its singles and videos, with her just getting a hold of the mere album.

Comment

• “Candy Bling” climax is one of my favorite Mariah vocal and melody moments of all time, it is my favorite Belteriah adlibs post-Butterly, that or Joy Ride, the “from the day’!” “Joy Ride” growl gives me my entire life

If I were a rapper, I would so sample dem adlibs for a chorus,

Back in the day
                                                    I sit and wish we was
                                                    I wish we was
                                                    Just like back in the day
                                                    Still remember
                                                    Now I’m back in love, now I’m stuck in the future
                                                    Missing you

Like they work as a chorus on their own, they don’t even need the regular chorus under it, even though I love the regular chorus too, especially the post-chorus
                                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sat February 20, 2021, 03:20.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X