Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't stand people here pretending like Mariah is innocent in the chart manipulation thing..
    Mariah has been notorious for that. Am I wrong?

    I don't care if it's true or not. I just love her music.
    Last edited by Anderson; Thu September 23, 2021, 15:07.
    Mariah Carey x BTS
    #20th No.1

    Comment


    • And we can’t stand people in here beating a dead horse. Girl go play.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
        i wish I could block to see a certain group's name in this thread
        You can ignore them. There's a way in the profile settings

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
          And we can’t stand people in here beating a dead horse. Girl go play.
          I don't blame her bc actually it's label's fault.
          Mariah Carey x BTS
          #20th No.1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
            i wish I could block to see a certain group's name in this thread
            I'm sorry guys. I think I was too honest...
            Mariah Carey x BTS
            #20th No.1

            Comment


            • Not that again, jeez.
              Give it up.
              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                Not that again, jeez.
                Give it up.
                Tbh, i didnt mind Mc x BTs but since this certain user is bringing them here every day is like gosh bo i dont want them now lol

                Comment


                • Jada stanning. MC has not aged

                  Comment


                  • Ok Back to the topic I hope Mariah doesn’t take so long to release the new Xmas songs like last year. I think this hurt the performance even for oh Santa remix cause it didn’t have the time to promote or build an audience cause it only had 3 weeks til Xmas was over. Clarkson already released her Xmas song today and will release the album in a few weeks. Usually everyone release the Xmas music in advance. Mariah magical xmas was released already in December.
                    She could release at least a xmas single in advance if the xmas special won’t be ready to be released on AppleTV at time

                    Comment


                    • Jeez... a certain member of this forum needs to get a life. Anyway, she posted the AGxMCxJH pic on Oct 9 last year, so we probably won't get updates on the special until next month. Hoping for more cover songs and maybe a new one, or even a 2021 Where Are You Christmas version.
                      Previously known as sYair

                      Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                        Jeez... a certain member of this forum needs to get a life. Anyway, she posted the AGxMCxJH pic on Oct 9 last year, so we probably won't get updates on the special until next month. Hoping for more cover songs and maybe a new one, or even a 2021 Where Are You Christmas version.
                        Like I said I hope she doesn’t take so long like last year cause it didn’t have time enough to build an audience and ended everything as quick as started.
                        And she already said she was going to record her version for WAYC for this year but then switched to a new song she wrote (if I remember correctly is the one she was with Post Malone in mind)

                        Comment


                        • MOD NOTE:

                          I’m setting an embargo on BTS discussion for a month in this thread unless we get confirmation on who is or is not confirmed for the Special in which case I will post about the embargo being lifted.

                          Note: I will give an infraction about this as a reminder to people who may forget about this until then.

                          Given the current mood of the thread, please be warned that in the next few days posts that appear bait like may more than likely be deemed trolling. Take this into consideration when posting please.

                          Note: Please REPORT and not post about persons you think are trolling. REPORT.

                          Please use the Ignore function that we have made available for everyone now. It is no longer a Premium Member function.

                          On my side, I will try to do a better job of keeping this thread flowing and centred on Mariah.

                          Thanks.

                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                            Ok Back to the topic I hope Mariah doesn’t take so long to release the new Xmas songs like last year. I think this hurt the performance even for oh Santa remix cause it didn’t have the time to promote or build an audience cause it only had 3 weeks til Xmas was over. Clarkson already released her Xmas song today and will release the album in a few weeks. Usually everyone release the Xmas music in advance. Mariah magical xmas was released already in December.
                            She could release at least a xmas single in advance if the xmas special won’t be ready to be released on AppleTV at time
                            I was expecting Kelly had Mariah on her new Christmas album. They love each other. I wish they collaborated.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by elguachin View Post

                              I was expecting Kelly had Mariah on her new Christmas album. They love each other. I wish they collaborated.
                              It would be amazing if Mariah invited Kelly for the Xmas special

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                It would be amazing if Mariah invited Kelly for the Xmas special
                                I need it! And then Kelly puts out a Deluxe version of her new Christmas album with that collaboration with MC.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                  I can't stand people here pretending like Mariah is innocent in the chart manipulation thing..
                                  Mariah has been notorious for that. Am I wrong?

                                  I don't care if it's true or not. I just love her music.
                                  notorious for what exactly? discounting a song in a dying market? Despite her name being use as the poster child of this, Columbia / Sony did that for ALL of their acts.

                                  There was an article about that during Glitter's anniversary... rightfully distributing shade at all of them for letting Mariah getting all the flack all these years.

                                  If anyone is to blame, then it is the Sony Music corporation and not a single act.

                                  I want to emphasize that Mariah literally had no control over these business decisions back in the day.

                                  I also want to emphasize that ... only because a single was discounted... doesn't mean the GP felt compelled to rush out, get their jackets on, jump on a bus / train / into a car and drive up to a store and grab a copy and then return home.

                                  I find it weirder for example, that Garth Brooks exclusively released his music to non-soundscan affiliated stores and then got all those certified smashes in recent years.

                                  When Sony did the same for Mariah in Germany (her music being bundled up into 2 CD sets and then being offered in discounters like Aldi and Lidl... her sales didn't even count towards a) the charts and b) for certifications.

                                  Back in the day, labels had to licence their music release to the charts provider. When IWTKWLI was released as a digital download in August, 2009 (the physical single came out in November), the song was suppressed from charting even.

                                  So for every "fraud" claim against her, she has had things going against her.

                                  Memoirs remains the most botched up and internally destroyed era by a major star, imo.
                                  My Chart

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                    It would be amazing if Mariah invited Kelly for the Xmas special
                                    absolutely. Kelly is like Mariah's biggest fan ever. I love her.
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • Sony Legacy, via Mariah's emailing list, just sent an email promoting the 4K videos of Fantasy
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                      Comment


                                      • I would love to see “Oh Santa” getting major radio spins/streams this year now that the public is aware of its existence… or at least in the next couple of years. It takes Xmas songs awhile to make a big impact as we’ve seen with AIWFCIY, Kelly Clarkson’s one Xmas song and most recently Ariana’s “Santa Tell Me.”

                                        Excited for the special… I’m more excited about the celebrity appearances than potential collabs (since likely there will only be one). It’ll be nice to see her actually interacting / acting with more celebs in person now that there are less covid restrictions. I hope she invites back Billy Eichner!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                          More finds...
                                          Chain of Fools live with Aretha

                                          You Got Me 5:12 version

                                          So Lonely explicit - I think I prefer this version! + 4:22 weird version of Chopped & Screwed

                                          A song called It's Only Make Believe by Sam Moore from 2006. Mariah is whistling on it, i guess.... never heard it before

                                          H.A.T.E.U - Jason Nevins "Loves U" Remix from 2010's Just Dance 3
                                          I think my playlist has most songs all together in one list. I even added the ones she wrote, but didn't sing:

                                          https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5w...96fc1915674971
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

                                          Comment


                                          • I miss those days when we would have to go to the store and actually by CD Singles. I would buy all of Mariah’s because they’d have so many remixes.
                                            my favorite was the Double Single for AYNAF! I would listen to all the remixes from start to finish just like the album!
                                            Then, of course, I bought the vinyls because my brother was a DJ and had a mixer and turntables.
                                            I wish I could find my cassette tape where I mixed Whitney’s Queen of the Night with Mariah’s Dreamlover Def Tribal Mix and my mega mix of Mariah’s remixes!
                                            http://marcokircher.com
                                            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                                            My YT Channel!
                                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                            IG: marco235

                                            Comment


                                            • I understand those wanting a hit at any cost, they haven't been there in the '90s.
                                              but seriously, enough is enough..
                                              I can't even know what to say...

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                                I miss those days when we would have to go to the store and actually by CD Singles. I would buy all of Mariah’s because they’d have so many remixes.
                                                my favorite was the Double Single for AYNAF! I would listen to all the remixes from start to finish just like the album!
                                                Then, of course, I bought the vinyls because my brother was a DJ and had a mixer and turntables.
                                                I wish I could find my cassette tape where I mixed Whitney’s Queen of the Night with Mariah’s Dreamlover Def Tribal Mix and my mega mix of Mariah’s remixes!
                                                I always loved buying CDs and physical stuff. I love to see it and touch it and smell it.. seriously.

                                                I envy those music collectors who have EVERY version of EVERY Mariah release.
                                                Previously known as sYair

                                                Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                                www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                                Comment


                                                • I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Unforgettable Remix, I think most lambs despise it. I really wonder why they approached her to do it. Or who approached who and why. It was so random and then they did nothing about it. The plan was to get it to chart higher? Bring Mariah to mainstream? They just left the song for the lambs to buy it and then nothing. Coupled with the Infinity Remix with Justin Bieber and all the rest, you really have to wonder what they were trying to do with Mariah's career in 2015-2016.
                                                  Previously known as sYair

                                                  Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                                    I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Unforgettable Remix, I think most lambs despise it. I really wonder why they approached her to do it. Or who approached who and why. It was so random and then they did nothing about it. The plan was to get it to chart higher? Bring Mariah to mainstream? They just left the song for the lambs to buy it and then nothing. Coupled with the Infinity Remix with Justin Bieber and all the rest, you really have to wonder what they were trying to do with Mariah's career in 2015-2016.
                                                    I always loved unforgettable. the acoustic version is amazing too. I think they only did the remix to help the original with extra points, they had hundred of other remixes with other artists like the latin version with J Balvin, Major Laser, Tiesto..

                                                    on other news, those who haven't get the chance to watch FREE GUY at the theathers it's already available digitally on the internet.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X