Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    Sony Legacy, via Mariah's emailing list, just sent an email promoting the 4K videos of Fantasy
    That’s the most random thing ever. Or maybe it’s sort of a marketing test to see what’s the click through rate/conversion rate of those mass emails?

But anyhow, I nearly had a heart attack as soon as I saw that notification on my phone titled with Mariah Carey. I thought a new single just released. Lol

Comment

• Is anybody participating in the "favourite songs of the past 20 years" thread?

I can't decide which 4 Mariah official singles I should choose between 2001-today... the options are:

1. Loverboy
      2. Through the Rain
      3. I Know What You Want
      4. It's Like That
      5. We Belong Together
      6. Shake It Off
      7. Don't Forget About Us
      8. Touch My Body
      9. Bye Bye
      10. Obsessed
      11. I Want to Know What Love Is
      12. #Beautiful
      13. GTFO
      14. With You
      14. A No No

Singles I left out, mainly because it's highly unlikely anyone would vote for them, therefore don't stand a chance:
      U Make Me Wanna
      My Love
      Lil' LOVE
      Triumphant
      I Don't
      Infamous
      Almost Home
      The Star
      Up Out My Face remix
      Angels Cry remix
      H.A.T.E.U
      Never Too Far
      Boy (I Need You)
      Bringing on the Heartbreak
      I'll Be Loving U Long Time
      I Stay in Love
      Oh Santa! + the remix
      You're Mine
      Infinity
      Save the Day
      Out Here on My Own
      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

That’s the most random thing ever. Or maybe it’s sort of a marketing test to see what’s the click through rate/conversion rate of those mass emails?

But anyhow, I nearly had a heart attack as soon as I saw that notification on my phone titled with Mariah Carey. I thought a new single just released. Lol
        LOL SAME!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
          I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Unforgettable Remix, I think most lambs despise it. I really wonder why they approached her to do it. Or who approached who and why. It was so random and then they did nothing about it. The plan was to get it to chart higher? Bring Mariah to mainstream? They just left the song for the lambs to buy it and then nothing. Coupled with the Infinity Remix with Justin Bieber and all the rest, you really have to wonder what they were trying to do with Mariah's career in 2015-2016.
          I do enjoy Unforgettable remix a lot!! Both versions. The acoustic one is enchanting.
          Now I am rediscovering the remix album. I’m more into the urban remixes. The whole collection is something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I always loved unforgettable. the acoustic version is amazing too. I think they only did the remix to help the original with extra points, they had hundred of other remixes with other artists like the latin version with J Balvin, Major Laser, Tiesto..

on other news, those who haven't get the chance to watch FREE GUY at the theathers it's already available digitally on the internet.
            Good to know!!! You have already made my day with these two pieces of news (Kelly C. New single and Free Guy available digitally)
            thank you!!

Comment

• Mariah's top 3 songs yesterday. Thots?

01 - 329,794,439 - +202,016 - 2005 - We Belong Together
              02 - 175,073,284 - +175,528 - 2003 - I Know What You Want
              03 - 155,369,053 - +174,310 - 1995 - Fantasy

All three of them will cross 1 million streams weekly:

1,39 million - WBT
              1,21 million - IKWYW
              1,21 million - Fantasy

That's the best non-holiday top 3 ever for her.
              My Chart

Comment

I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys Unforgettable Remix, I think most lambs despise it. I really wonder why they approached her to do it. Or who approached who and why. It was so random and then they did nothing about it. The plan was to get it to chart higher? Bring Mariah to mainstream? They just left the song for the lambs to buy it and then nothing. Coupled with the Infinity Remix with Justin Bieber and all the rest, you really have to wonder what they were trying to do with Mariah's career in 2015-2016.
                I love it.
                Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

Good to know!!! You have already made my day with these two pieces of news (Kelly C. New single and Free Guy available digitally)
                  thank you!!
                  you're welcome daaaahling

Comment

I always loved buying CDs and physical stuff. I love to see it and touch it and smell it.. seriously.

I envy those music collectors who have EVERY version of EVERY Mariah release.
                    I used to be a collector and we have a special room, just for our CD and vinyl collection.

However, Mariah is one of the artists who made me go digital when she stopped releasing all her songs on CD.
                    Almost Home is one of my favorite songs and she didn't release it on CD, so I had to start using digital formats.

I can't go back now. Making my own playlists, having thousands of songs I like via Spotify everywhere I go, having new music every week... It's heaven.
                    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

Unforgettable Remix is great!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I used to be a collector and we have a special room, just for our CD and vinyl collection.

However, Mariah is one of the artists who made me go digital when she stopped releasing all her songs on CD.
                        Almost Home is one of my favorite songs and she didn't release it on CD, so I had to start using digital formats.

I can't go back now. Making my own playlists, having thousands of songs I like via Spotify everywhere I go, having new music every week... It's heaven.
                        I love Almost Home! In the category of “Underrated Mariah songs that I love” i have:
                        Almost Home
                        Triumphant Original Version
                        Unforgettable Remix
                        Infamous
                        The Art Of Letting Go

Comment

It made my heart skip a beat too because it was so unusual. But maybe youre right in that it was a test to see how many clicks they can convert using that method.

It would be nice to get her mailing list back up and running.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

It made my heart skip a beat too because it was so unusual. But maybe youre right in that it was a test to see how many clicks they can convert using that method.

It would be nice to get her mailing list back up and running.
                            Btw your profile pic always reminds me of the good old days in 2013. Can’t believe #Beautiful was released 8 years ago! I miss seeing Mariah on TV every single week, and I will never forget those stan wars on Twitter when idol was on.

Comment

I always loved buying CDs and physical stuff. I love to see it and touch it and smell it.. seriously.

I envy those music collectors who have EVERY version of EVERY Mariah release.
                              Back in the day, I borrowed my cousin’s vinyl of the debut album. The sleeve didn’t have Love Takes Time listed on the back. The physical record had it and the lyrics were on the inner liner.
                              I still have it. Unfortunately, he underlined the songs he liked in pen.
                              http://marcokircher.com
                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                              IG: marco235

Comment

• If Mariah ever does a tribute for Aaliyah, it should be her take of I Care 4 U.
                                I wonder if they ever would have ended up working together.
                                They’re voices would have blended so perfectly. The layers.
                                I just remembered that Aaliyah’s discography is now available to stream.
                                I could have seen Mariah, Aaliyah and Missy doing something together!

Last edited by Cashiado; Fri September 24, 2021, 00:29.

My YT Channel!

Comment

I think it was a ploy to stop Despacito from tieing with OSD. Unforgettable was no. 3 a week prior. Yeah so random that I could not think of any other reasons.
                                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

I think it was a ploy to stop Despacito from tieing with OSD. Unforgettable was no. 3 a week prior. Yeah so random that I could not think of any other reasons.
                                    They could have been working the same music studio one day and decided to do something. You never know.
                                    I just wished they would have pushed it to radio.

My YT Channel!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

notorious for what exactly? discounting a song in a dying market? Despite her name being use as the poster child of this, Columbia / Sony did that for ALL of their acts.

There was an article about that during Glitter's anniversary... rightfully distributing shade at all of them for letting Mariah getting all the flack all these years.

If anyone is to blame, then it is the Sony Music corporation and not a single act.

I want to emphasize that Mariah literally had no control over these business decisions back in the day.

I also want to emphasize that ... only because a single was discounted... doesn't mean the GP felt compelled to rush out, get their jackets on, jump on a bus / train / into a car and drive up to a store and grab a copy and then return home.

I find it weirder for example, that Garth Brooks exclusively released his music to non-soundscan affiliated stores and then got all those certified smashes in recent years.

When Sony did the same for Mariah in Germany (her music being bundled up into 2 CD sets and then being offered in discounters like Aldi and Lidl... her sales didn't even count towards a) the charts and b) for certifications.

Back in the day, labels had to licence their music release to the charts provider. When IWTKWLI was released as a digital download in August, 2009 (the physical single came out in November), the song was suppressed from charting even.

So for every "fraud" claim against her, she has had things going against her.

Memoirs remains the most botched up and internally destroyed era by a major star, imo.
                                      stevyy I'm sorry. I was being a naughty fan.
                                      Last edited by Anderson; Fri September 24, 2021, 05:01.
                                      Mariah Carey x BTS
                                      #20th No.1

Comment

• I love Unforgettable remix… I can’t unhear her ad-libs so I neverrrr play the original. It’s crazy they got her on a song that was HUGE at the time yet no one really knows her version exists

Comment

• Is it too late or early to start for #justice campaign for the acoustic version of Unforgettable? It was release August 27, 2017.

My YT Channel!

Comment

Btw your profile pic always reminds me of the good old days in 2013. Can’t believe #Beautiful was released 8 years ago! I miss seeing Mariah on TV every single week, and I will never forget those stan wars on Twitter when idol was on.
                                            I think seeing her every week, multiple times per week, was such a great time for the fan base. Perhaps at times it was overload because obviously there were interviews and everything to go along with it, but Mariah was everywhere.

The fan wars were unfortunate, but I guess just a small price to pay for the high engagement she had with fans during the time.
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                              I love Unforgettable remix… I can’t unhear her ad-libs so I neverrrr play the original. It’s crazy they got her on a song that was HUGE at the time yet no one really knows her version exists
                                              I prefer Mariah's remix over the original. Mariah really elevated the song to sth even greater, imo. I play it often to this day.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• I would love for Mariah to put out a song like this. It‘s so modern yet so retro and would suit her voice perfectly ... don’t u agree?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X0t8zeEiqEY

Comment

• Ohhh and our Queen is looking radiant in that new bday clip... she deserves all the success and more.. who else looks like that while encompassing so much talent #l4l

Comment

• My all-time favourite live performance of It’s Like That. Probably that’s the most energetic she’s ever been on TV and the most she’s ever moved on stage. Lolll

Comment

Working...
                                                    X