Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

I think it was a ploy to stop Despacito from tieing with OSD. Unforgettable was no. 3 a week prior. Yeah so random that I could not think of any other reasons.
    She was in the studio working on it in #lateMay I can remember vividly. To wait 3 months to put it out was strange. I’m pretty sure none of the versions she released even cracked Top 50 on iTunes. After the NYE, Mariah’s World, and not-so-good viral moments, I don’t think people cared about new music from Mariah and we all know her team at the time didn’t care about promoting it. A legend hopping on a HUGE hit track should’ve made more noise.
    funny how one can learn
    to grow numb to the madness
    and block it away

Comment

• Unforgettable remix is beyond forgettable... girls please....

Unforgettable (Original) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• Lots of Fantasy mentions due to Latto's Tom Tom Club sample.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah should definitely think about doing some limited edition CD merch for any upcoming single, but most definitely for AIWFCIY

UK Official charts report CD single sales are up 20% year on year

CD single sales surge in the UK as Ed Sheeran, ABBA, Coldplay and more return to the format
          https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...format__34089/

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            Mariah should definitely think about doing some limited edition CD merch for any upcoming single, but most definitely for AIWFCIY

CD single sales surge in the UK as Ed Sheeran, ABBA, Coldplay and more return to the format
            Should’ve been done for Oh Santa remix
            funny how one can learn
            to grow numb to the madness
            and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I used to be a collector and we have a special room, just for our CD and vinyl collection.

However, Mariah is one of the artists who made me go digital when she stopped releasing all her songs on CD.
              Almost Home is one of my favorite songs and she didn't release it on CD, so I had to start using digital formats.

I can't go back now. Making my own playlists, having thousands of songs I like via Spotify everywhere I go, having new music every week... It's heaven.
              RayRay providing an on point synopsis of how the music industry died.

Couldn't help myself. I'm the same, now. I just use Spotify for 99% of music.

Comment

• I don't even have a cd player at home anymore...
                I had almost 600 CDs but gave away more than half of them. But I kept around 200 that I just refuse to let go lol even when I can only play them in the car!

But to be honest, I think music availability now is way better and I would suffer if we do not have Spotify (or similar) anymore!

I miss anyway the ritual of buying an album, checking the booklet, putting play, listening how the cd started to spin, etc. BUt I am glad I lived those days, specially with Mariah's prolific body of work!
                CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I don’t have a CD player but I buy every album I like on CD. I don’t have a vinyl player either but I buy vinyls. I just think they're pretty.
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                    My all-time favourite live performance of It’s Like That. Probably that’s the most energetic she’s ever been on TV and the most she’s ever moved on stage. Lolll

I've always liked the VH1 performance.

The vocals had great energy in that one.

Comment

Mariah should definitely think about doing some limited edition CD merch for any upcoming single, but most definitely for AIWFCIY

This year Team Mariah should release AIW physical single in 50+ different cover arts, and to include a personalised experience of embedding a greeting notes/Xmas card as part of the physical AIW CD/vinyl.

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

Should’ve been done for Oh Santa remix
                        Will they even push it this year? I still think fans would be interested in this.

Comment

Will they even push it this year? I still think fans would be interested in this.
                          I don’t think Mariah was really invested in the song even last year. I don’t think she’ll ever knowledge it again

Comment

• I still buy CDs and Vinyls. <3

My collection is at around 1,200 physical music media now.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

RayRay providing an on point synopsis of how the music industry died.

Couldn't help myself. I'm the same, now. I just use Spotify for 99% of music.
                              My music consumption is

80% streaming
                              15% Vinyl
                              5% CD
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I don’t think Mariah was really invested in the song even last year. I don’t think she’ll ever knowledge it again
                                I dont know if that's the case. She spoke about it several times in interviews. But I guess everyone can have their thoughts on how much investment they think is adequate.

The story goes it came together at the last minute and so they couldn't do things like CDs etc because orders to manufacturers have to be made in advance. Billboard rules had also changed such that preorders wouldn't count and only shipment dates.

Comment

• Im surprised Mariah isnt doing anything for Disney's 50th Anniversary. She must be really busy.

Comment

Im surprised Mariah isnt doing anything for Disney's 50th Anniversary. She must be really busy.
                                    It's a missed opportunity. Disney and Mariah belong together. She is the their princess...<3
                                    My Chart

Comment

• https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/24/gospe...vid-boyfriend/

Comment

• Watching the interview MC did with Elvis Duran during the ‘Caution’ era and I can’t believe I missed her say that during recording ‘Heartbreaker’ the label didn’t like it and it was a visit from Sylvia Rhone who wasn’t even on the same label that told her it was a smash hit.

Comment

• omg how mortifying. I hope she’s alive :(
                                          her vocals on Through the Rain Remix are beautiful

Comment

Lots of Fantasy mentions due to Latto's Tom Tom Club sample.

Well she is canceled I guess. Bad vibes from this one :

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                              omg how mortifying. I hope she’s alive :(
                                              her vocals on Through the Rain Remix are beautiful
                                              She's been missing since August, but the authorities didn't take it seriously until last week. Her friends and family have been searching for her for a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Well she is canceled I guess. Bad vibes from this one :

she clearly use mariah's melody too and didn't give Mariah credit. get Ed Shapiro on the phone asap

Comment

• That girl knows if Mariah never sampled that song , she wouldn’t know what a tom tom club was.
                                                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• To be fair to her she had shared articles calling it the “Mariah sampled single” and had shared the Fantasy lyric with a butterfly emoji. I think she just got defensive because as usual Twitter lambs had been harassing her like Mariah isn’t the queen of samples.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X