Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markwalde
    • 01 Nov 2018

I wonder if artists like her learn to talk cryptic like that so that people keep talking and speculating. She has said a lot of things over the past few years that didn't really come to be.... Or, they are just her ideas and not all ideas actually end up happening.

Comment

• LambChild
      Manager
      • 18 Mar 2016

Sorry but if Mariah and Brandy come up with something like Never Say Never (the song) we’re all moving cause that song slaps
      funny how one can learn
      to grow numb to the madness
      and block it away

Comment

• mm2912
        Superstar
        • 04 Jun 2016

Originally posted by RayRay

It's not Pentatonix. As I understood the group will be for a non-Christmas song.
        The Christmas song is going to be a duet with a male artist.

Comment

• Sebastian
          Superstar
          • 24 Nov 2012

I think a Christmas song with a rapper could be interesting, something like Here Comes Santa Claus. But only if it's someone like Post Malone who would bring attention to this project and not Shawni's brother.

The "male group" thing is such a mystery, I know she's not on good terms with some of the members but could it be Boyz II Men? It would make sense for a Christmas song and they were on the Jam & Lewis album too. A part of me wants it to be BTS for that 20th number 1 though.
          Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• stevyy
            Site Supporter
            • 14 May 2005

honestly... a bts collaboration will be the first time that I will not support a Mariah song. It goes against my moral code and integrity. But if she is recording a song with them, I wish her all the luck in the world with the last remaining people who will support her. It ain't me.
            My Chart

Comment

• InFamous
              Legend
              • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by stevyy
              honestly... a bts collaboration will be the first time that I will not support a Mariah song. It goes against my moral code and integrity. But if she is recording a song with them, I wish her all the luck in the world with the last remaining people who will support her. It ain't me.
              I simply do not believe this. You would be updating your stats and streaming numbers every 24 hours

Comment

• Anderson
                Personal Assistant
                • 01 Dec 2019

Originally posted by InFamous

I simply do not believe this. You would be updating your stats and streaming numbers every 24 hours
                Exactly lol
                Soft heavenly eyes gazed into me
                Transcending space and time

Comment

• mm2912
                  Superstar
                  • 04 Jun 2016

Originally posted by stevyy
                  that's a lil bit dramatic. I don't support her working with them either, but if she do I hope the song is good at least. I'll at least listen once

Comment

• naughtynae
                    Legend
                    • 19 Aug 2006

Kinda off topic but also relevant Dev Hynes has started directing the videos for his latest collaborations like Mykki Blanco ‘It’s not my choice’ he also directed Becks ‘Uneventful days’. Hopefully if he works with Mariah we could get an interesting visual.

If she does this ‘raw’ album and documentary well this could really be something special I am praying she does reach out to the Salaam’s and Dev’s to give the sound something different.

Comment

• tee
                      • 07 Feb 2021

Originally posted by naughtynae
                      Kinda off topic but also relevant Dev Hynes has started directing the videos for his latest collaborations like Mykki Blanco ‘It’s not my choice’ he also directed Becks ‘Uneventful days’. Hopefully if he works with Mariah we could get an interesting visual.

If she does this ‘raw’ album and documentary well this could really be something special I am praying she does reach out to the Salaam’s and Dev’s to give the sound something different.
                      It's completely on topic and one could only hope it happens. Here's the thing, Mariah can make a real masterpiece if she gives up just a tiny bit of control to Salaam, Saadiq and Hynes if only to to shape the sound a little bit.

Comment

• SomeonesUglyDaughter
                        • 30 Nov 2020

As much as I hate The Army but I'm ok with MC doing a collab with BTS for that 20th #1

Also can someone explain better what Mariah said about SUD on the lounge? I cannot further listen to the lounge recording with all those lambs talking over each other and worst talking over Mariah. Hope someone edit it without the sound of the other lambs. Sorry not sorry!

Please tell Liron to have someone moderate the lounge the next time they will have it up to avoid messy ass lambs hehe *peace out*

Comment

• LCRiah
                          Personal Assistant
                          • 19 Sep 2015

It’s so telling that the number of people who hate the idea of a collab with BTS is the same number as those who were pining for an Ariana, Drake, Megan, Cardi, even Kygo collab just so Mariah could get a hit. BTS has worked their a*ses off for almost a decade and just because they are a Korean group who have found worldwide success with mass appealing pop music y’all turn your nose up. Lmao. They’re one of the biggest artists in the world and a collab with them will only benefit Mariah no matter what you think!

y’all can have fun with the Stefflon Don, Remy Ma and Shawni collabs tho LOL
                          How bout you...

Comment

• mm2912
                            Superstar
                            • 04 Jun 2016

Originally posted by tee

It's completely on topic and one could only hope it happens. Here's the thing, Mariah can make a real masterpiece if she gives up just a tiny bit of control to Salaam, Saadiq and Hynes if only to to shape the sound a little bit.
                            she already stated she's doing this new album the way she wanted by herself and her band cause she doesnt want any producer forcing their input

Comment

• LCRiah
                              Personal Assistant
                              • 19 Sep 2015

Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter
                              As much as I hate The Army but I'm ok with MC doing a collab with BTS for that 20th #1

Also can someone explain better what Mariah said about SUD on the lounge? I cannot further listen to the lounge recording with all those lambs talking over each other and worst talking over Mariah. Hope someone edit it without the sound of the other lambs. Sorry not sorry!

Please tell Liron to have someone moderate the lounge the next time they will have it up to avoid messy ass lambs hehe *peace out*
                              That’s what I’m saying too! Their fan base is toxic as hell but they know how to get a #1 that’s for damn sure. Lambs couldn’t even get an Ariana collab to #1 like hello we need all the help we can get!

but basically if I remember correctly, someone asked Mariah if we would ever get her version of SUD and she said something like “do you guys really want that? Because I found my version but the new way we’re doing it is…you’re gonna love the new way we did it. It’s also Monroe’s favorite thing right now.” So I’m guessing it’s gonna be a bigger project?
                              How bout you...

Comment

• Cashiado
                                Personal Assistant
                                • 21 Aug 2012

Originally posted by LCRiah
                                It’s so telling that the number of people who hate the idea of a collab with BTS is the same number as those who were pining for an Ariana, Drake, Megan, Cardi, even Kygo collab just so Mariah could get a hit. BTS has worked their a*ses off for almost a decade and just because they are a Korean group who have found worldwide success with mass appealing pop music y’all turn your nose up. Lmao. They’re one of the biggest artists in the world and a collab with them will only benefit Mariah no matter what you think!

y’all can have fun with the Stefflon Don, Remy Ma and Shawni collabs tho LOL
                                It has nothing to do with BTS being Korean.
                                Some people don’t like their processed music sound.
                                I just don’t see her doing a song with them.
                                She is musically in a different place.
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

Comment

• InfoFromAus
                                  Manager
                                  • 05 Sep 2005

I feel it would absolutely awesome if Mariah got a 20th #1... but please no frivolous collabs to achieve that.

If there is no artistic merit, or creative reason, then I'd rather she not do that.

It took me a long time to warm up to TGIFY as a song - it's a beautiful ballad and the voices work well together, but I didn't think it was necessary that she had 98 degrees there (even though they are good solid vocalists).
                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• LCRiah
                                    Personal Assistant
                                    • 19 Sep 2015

That’s what I’m saying though…like if she really wants that #20, unfortunately the only way she’s gonna get it is through a collab or through major big budget push…IF BTS collabs with her this Christmas (or anytime of year) she will get both. Again all hypothetical bc we know nothing at this point, I just don’t understand why people are so opposed.

this is the same woman who collabed with 98 degrees, Westlife, Justin Bieber, and French Montana. She JUST brought up Post Malone and once even said she’d love to collaborate with Pitbull. Like NONE of those artists make sense to work with her but she made it work because she’s Mariah Carey. Come on now!
                                    How bout you...

Comment

• mariahcareyfan
                                      Roadie
                                      • 12 Feb 2014

If she is producing MC16 all by her self then expect this to take few more years...she is obviously wants to prove her artistry/songwriting abilities with this...which I think she has tried before with MIAM...but it didn't turn out that well, because of all the effects that was used on her voice...
                                      I wish Mariah would focus her energy on what she is best at and allow others in...you simply can not excel in everything...everyone has weak and strong points in their skills, so why it's hard for her to accept this? People teams up for a reason...and there is nothing wrong with being a team player...

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
                                        Manager
                                        • 16 Jul 2009

Originally posted by LCRiah
                                        That’s what I’m saying though…like if she really wants that #20, unfortunately the only way she’s gonna get it is through a collab or through major big budget push…IF BTS collabs with her this Christmas (or anytime of year) she will get both. Again all hypothetical bc we know nothing at this point, I just don’t understand why people are so opposed.

this is the same woman who collabed with 98 degrees, Westlife, Justin Bieber, and French Montana. She JUST brought up Post Malone and once even said she’d love to collaborate with Pitbull. Like NONE of those artists make sense to work with her but she made it work because she’s Mariah Carey. Come on now!
                                        When did she say she’d love to collaborate with Pitbull? I missed that

Comment

• LCRiah
                                          Personal Assistant
                                          • 19 Sep 2015

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn

When did she say she’d love to collaborate with Pitbull? I missed that
                                          Honestly, I wish I could find it, but I know that it was during a radio interview in the Idol era. The host was bringing up collabs and they mentioned Pitbull and she basically said she’d love to collaborate with him if they could set it up. That’s all I remember!
                                          How bout you...

Comment

Working...