Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
    To be fair to her she had shared articles calling it the “Mariah sampled single” and had shared the Fantasy lyric with a butterfly emoji. I think she just got defensive because as usual Twitter lambs had been harassing her like Mariah isn’t the queen of samples.
    I think either her team has been using Mariah’s name for bait or a lot of journalists etc just took for granted that maybe she did sample Mariah’s version.

There’s a lyric that mentions Fantasy during her snippet/promo as well.

Given this, I think Mariah should be credited somehow. But, at the very least, she should acknowledge that Fantasy had some inspo here.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think either her team has been using Mariah’s name for bait or a lot of journalists etc just took for granted that maybe she did sample Mariah’s version.

https://twitter.com/rapcaviar/status...24690925510656

https://twitter.com/hot97/status/1441492760863952896

https://twitter.com/revolttv/status/1441253175713882116

There’s a lyric that mentions Fantasy during her snippet/promo as well.

https://twitter.com/rapalert4/status...53634075889671

Given this, I think Mariah should be credited somehow. But, at the very least, she should acknowledge that Fantasy had some inspo here.
      Mariah should be credited. Even tho the beat is from genius of love, this energy song uses fantasy bridge melody too and the way she sings “big big energy” it’s just like “sweet sweet fantasy”

Comment

• yeah it is somehow fantasy inspired there. is this getting popular though?
        Last edited by carey18ph; Sat September 25, 2021, 07:50.
        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
          yeah it somehow interpolates fantasy lyrics there.
          +1

Comment

• A few thoughts… those nails she has are disgusting. Why do some women think they are attractive? Couldn’t be less so. Also how unhygienic. The song and the video are actually good thought I liked it. Obviously it’s all taken inspo from Mariah but would Mariah’s team be chasing after ha? Probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris87 View Post
              A few thoughts… those nails she has are disgusting. Why do some women think they are attractive? Couldn’t be less so. Also how unhygienic. The song and the video are actually good thought I liked it. Obviously it’s all taken inspo from Mariah but would Mariah’s team be chasing after ha? Probably not.
              Because they like them and they want to

Comment

• Comment

• ^Surprised the above isn’t being discussed here…

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                    ^Surprised the above isn’t being discussed here…
                    We cant see it. What is it?

Comment

• Just finished the movie Free Guy. Loved the movie and how fantasy was incroporated on it. There were some funny mentions on Mariah hahaha. Just found out the other version of fantasy was sang by the actress Jodie Comer.

Comment

We cant see it. What is it?
                        A new Christmas song was registered “Fall in Love at Christmas” written by Mariah, Kirk Franklin, Daniel Moore and Khalid. He must be featured.

Comment

• Comment

• ^ good sleuthing.

Could be very good - I hope - how exciting.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• oh wow!! could be the Gospel song she had mentioned on Twitter live

Comment

• Kirk Franklin is bad news . His own son accused him if abuse.
                                Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                  Kirk Franklin is bad news . His own son accused him if abuse.
                                  Didn’t his son accuse his mother of assault?
                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• That’s an exciting prospect though!! Love the title of the song too!!
                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I wonder if Khalid is the male artist she was trying to describe

Comment

• Thank god Kelly Price is safe.. still recovering COVID-19

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssing-n1280078
                                        Last edited by Anderson; Sat September 25, 2021, 13:20.

Comment

• Wonder if Mariah had inspiration from "I Understand". She randomly tweeted about it back in May

Comment

I wonder if Khalid is the male artist she was trying to describe
                                            I thought the same thing too. We'll see!! I'm really excited to get a new song from Mariah! Always a gift to receive new music so often, I'm glad she's always been very constant in her releases, even when an album is delayed, she still might come with a new single at least.

Very excited to hear her collaboration with the legendary sisters! Hopefully the rumor is true!!
                                            Underneath The Stars

Comment

Wonder if Mariah had inspiration from "I Understand". She randomly tweeted about it back in May

Oh wow, first time I see this. I've been so busy lately, I seriously have a lot to catch up on.
                                              Underneath The Stars

Comment

• This is exciting!! I love the title too
                                                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I want news from the camp! This has stoked my fire lol

Comment

I wonder if Khalid is the male artist she was trying to describe
                                                    Khalid is amazing singer. I think already mentioned she should collab with him before. I just wish it wasn’t for Xmas song tho

Comment

Working...
                                                    X