No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear what ya’ll are saying about parts of Europe and their perception of her… but it’s like she said herself… if she was to buy into people’s negativity about her… where would she be?!

Mariah has devoted lambs all over the world so that’s one thing not a lot of people have. Secondly, I bet you people in Germany and Belgium sing AIWFC as loud as anywhere else on the planet. It’s true Mariah could put more effort into Europe and get some puff pieces written to turn around any existing negativity about her there.. and Mabye she would and Mabye she will. But if she doesn’t… her legend is complete. So don’t sweat it.

it’s weird in the UK she definitely had a critical resurgence since 2018 and then the tides turned a bit with the whole Roc Nation story recently but… it’s her teams job to handle that, not ours.

she IS revered the world over but she’s also a controversial character and guess what, that makes her super relevant which quite honestly has always been one of her goals. No-one including Beyoncé and Riri (their downturns will come believe me!) had maintained their relevancy and still shifts PRODUCT like she does. The proof is in the pudding. Her 19th No. 1 hit. Her sold out concerts across Europe at Xmas. Her No.1 best selling auto biography. I think she’s doing just fine and I don’t think she has any sleepless nights about what some hack in Germany or Belgium is saying about her in a newspaper column (not that anyone reads newspapers anymore anyway) They will be ones like you said RAVING about her when she’s gone. But she has plenty more across the globe who rave about her now when she’s very much still with us so pay them fools no mind. And let’s lookout for how many more opinions she can sway this Xmas with what she has planned!

Comment

• Mariah controversial ? No she isn't.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Mariah controversial ? No she isn't.
        Her larger than life often misunderstood personality is controversial. She is a heavily polarized celebrity. I think the only other star who receives that much hate is Madonna. And they are both legends so that’s that on that.

Comment

yes she is. The diva persona she's been building and playing ever since Butterfly is what gets she controversial. But it's a good thing t get people talk about you in the showbiz.

Comment

• Honey is on Mary j blige Spotify playlist of fav 1997 songs.
            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
              Honey is on Mary j blige Spotify playlist of fav 1997 songs.
              Mary is a true friend and fan. We should praise her more.
              My Chart

Comment

Are you being sarcastic with this one? I swear recently you said everything she does lately has “some controversy around it”
                funny how one can learn
                to grow numb to the madness
                and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

Are you being sarcastic with this one? I swear recently you said everything she does lately has “some controversy around it”
                  Mariah is controversial bc of her talent. The media and GP cannot believe that someone with such a unique and timeless voice is also a timeless songwriter and epic beauty.

She gets all the hate bc people are salty and bitter about her talents. For example in Germany all women have beards and eye-shadows... and look terrible... and when they see a timeless beauté like Mariah... they want to Schnitzel her which means "beat her up".

Also many other acts are jealous of her talent and impact.
                  My Chart

Comment

Having issues with her label or with a trademark doesn't make her controversial as a person.
                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Having issues with her label or with a trademark doesn't make her controversial as a person.
                      so, talent it is.
                      My Chart

Comment

Agreed—just wondering cause your words were “almost everything she does has some sort of controversy around it”

Trademarks aside, from your standpoint, what generates controversy? Of course she’s not very controversial from a musical or performance aspect like a Janet or Madonna but I’d say she’s (good or bad) had her fair share of controversies over the years.
                        funny how one can learn
                        and block it away

Comment

• Queen Mimi should be announcing the commencement of Christmas 2021 soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                            Queen Mimi should be announcing the commencement of Christmas 2021 soon.
                            Not yet!

Comment

• Edit: duplicate post

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                                Queen Mimi should be announcing the commencement of Christmas 2021 soon.
                                we are not in the era when artists have to announce their new projects months earlier anymore. Everything is so instant now, I think she will make an announcement in late October, it's too early now and people might forget about it.

Comment

• With attention being on the Genius Of Love/Fantasy sample rn, anyone looking forward to a new sample in some future music? Mariah 95% of the time picks great ones
                                  funny how one can learn
                                  and block it away

Comment

With attention being on the Genius Of Love/Fantasy sample rn, anyone looking forward to a new sample in some future music? Mariah 95% of the time picks great ones
                                    It's just difficult to predict what sample she'd choose because they are often so obscure
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• She sounded so great here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1ghd4l...dium=copy_link

oh, what 2013 could have been if she never got injured

Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                        stevyy Thank you for that piece on Germany super interesting! I think it’s fairly the same in Belgium, but I was too young to experience her succes over here… if it was anything like in the Netherlands I assume it was huge. I do remember her first concert over here was the Rainbow tour and it got bad reviews cause she started way too late and cut the concert quite short. I wasn’t there, so I don’t know. During the TEOM era her videos were on tv constantly, its like that was my first taste <3!

Look at us, agreeing with each other and it’s not even Christmas yet !
                                        She was huge in the Netherlands in the 90s and her Emancipation of Mimi era was also loved and brought her back to Dutch tv.

I've been to the Rainbow concert in Belgium and I understand why it got bad reviews, but it remains one of my favorite concerts as it was just amazing for fans.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Did Mariah really make 100 million 3 years with Stella?
                                          Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

She sounded so great here.

She looked so hot at 43. Slay mama.
                                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Did Mariah really make 100 million 3 years with Stella?
                                              Well Mariah’s Amex was declined when they went shopping together in Aspen so ummm... I highly doubt it

Comment

She sounded so great here.

Her head wasn't in the game. She had the look, she was everywhere promotion wise and yet she hadn't handed in her album on time. Add to that it was her fault for more than likely being tipsy at the time she fell off that table doing that remix video. 2013 could have been her TEOM comeback sized moment had she just been super focused like she was in 2005. The album was good it was just late by a whole year.

#LateMay

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

Her head wasn't in the game. She had the look, she was everywhere promotion wise and yet she hadn't handed in her album on time. Add to that it was her fault for more than likely being tipsy at the time she fell off that table doing that remix video. 2013 could have been her TEOM comeback sized moment had she just been super focused like she was in 2005. The album was good it was just late by a whole year.

#LateMay
                                                  Which are the songs she added after postponing the release date? OMT, Heavenly and what else?

Comment

• And Money.

She had the album in 2013:

1. Cry
                                                    2. Faded
                                                    3. Dedicated (ft. Nas)
                                                    4. #Beautiful (ft. Miguel)
                                                    5. Somewhat Loved
                                                    6. Make It Look Good
                                                    7. Youre Mine
                                                    8. You Dont Know What To Do
                                                    9. Supernatural