5. Somewhat Loved
    6. Make It Look Good
    7. Youre Mine
    8. You Dont Know What To Do
    9. Supernatural
    10. Meteorite
    11. Camouflage
    12. The Art Of Letting Go
    That track list plus BGK and IAW remixes is still fairly strong. Imagine after #B we have YDKWTD, Faded as the following singles, and to wrap up the era with YM(E). What an amazing era that could have been!

Comment

• And if Meteorite was released as a single, I could see that doing really well in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
        And Money.

She had the album in 2013:

1. Cry
        2. Faded
        3. Dedicated (ft. Nas)
        4. #Beautiful (ft. Miguel)
        5. Somewhat Loved
        6. Make It Look Good
        7. Youre Mine
        9. Supernatural
        10. Meteorite
        11. Camouflage
        Don’t bring this up again. It makes me sad to think how this era would turned out if she released this in 2013.
        btw I love her hair in that era. It looks like she used a lot of hair mousse

Comment

• Two words: Nick Cannon

he is lethal to her career.

Had she released THAT album during Idol she would be in a much different place in her career. We never would have gotten Stella, Infinity, Vegas, James Packer, I Dont, etc.

Poor Mariah. She was so close.

Comment

• We love positivity! Catch some sunshine, listen to OOC

Comment

Her head wasn't in the game. She had the look, she was everywhere promotion wise and yet she hadn't handed in her album on time. Add to that it was her fault for more than likely being tipsy at the time she fell off that table doing that remix video. 2013 could have been her TEOM comeback sized moment had she just been super focused like she was in 2005. The album was good it was just late by a whole year.

#LateMay
              Purely speculating... come on
              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

Purely speculating... come on
                90 percent of what is written in this thread is speculating

Also For the Record was the smash that got away. I still cannot believe if was not released as the second single after Touch my Body.
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Also For the Record was the smash that got away. I still cannot believe if was not released as the second single after Touch my Body.
                  True.

Migrate, TMB then FTR.
                  also ISIL, IBLULT & SE - giving a proper treatment
                  Last edited by Tomer_MC; Mon September 27, 2021, 23:33.
                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

And Money.

She had the album in 2013:

1. Cry
                    2. Faded
                    3. Dedicated (ft. Nas)
                    4. #Beautiful (ft. Miguel)
                    5. Somewhat Loved
                    6. Make It Look Good
                    7. Youre Mine
                    9. Supernatural
                    10. Meteorite
                    11. Camouflage
                    We don't know up to what point those songs were ready to be released in 2013.
                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Everyone cites Migrate not being the second single as the biggest blunder in an otherwise flawless career. I would say not handing in The Art Of Letting Go (how ironic of a title btw) in time was her biggest blunder. She had the whole industry ready to back her, she was on Idol making COIN, looking great and sounding amazing.

Comment

• Wasn’t she being carried on one of those chaise lounges when she fell? I thought she said that in an interview before. Saying she was likely tipsy is a reach.
                        funny how one can learn
                        to grow numb to the madness
                        and block it away

Comment

• Mariah was showing up to Idol live on tv tipsy. Especially her bday episode. I think the story is she was on top of the bar when she fell off of it. I think her drinking hit rock bottom during Stella and the infamous NYE performance. I actually think she does not drink as much now.

Comment

• Migrate was dashed the moment it came out, I remember that. It only grew with time. I'll be loving you long time was THAT song. It should be praised more.

Comment

• Its been a year since we were given a treat and a secret reveal abot Chick. Please Mariah when are you gonne release oyur verion of SUD

Comment

• The next thing I'm going to say may seem a bit controversial but if you think about it with an open mind you will see it makes sense. I have a feeling that the industry sees Mariah as a liability and maybe rumors about her drinking have hurt her. Why does she not get the type of investment or support as other legends in her league? Every time the industry backs her she excels more than any other artist on the planet it happened 1990-1997 and again 2005-2008. I have this feeling that they were willing to give her another shot in 2013 having her on Idol and all, and they got burned big time. I don't think she has had any industry support since, EXCEPT recently Apple. Which is huge in its own right.

I do wish she had a legit record label backing her the way they used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                  Wasn’t she being carried on one of those chaise lounges when she fell? I thought she said that in an interview before. Saying she was likely tipsy is a reach.
                                  No she never said she was being carried when she fell.
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Monday mood

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I was rooting for FTR to be released as a 2nd single. Such a strong material.. Oh well...

Comment

• Exciting if she’s working with Kirk Franklin! I love that she’s getting to work with gospel legends.

I also agree that she could’ve had a huge comeback in 2013. After the twins she really got back in good graces with the public after some not so good years. And she looked bomb af

andddd For The Record is one of her best songs of the 2000s.

Comment

• OMG I feel like this Christmas special is gonna be very boring....
                                          Hopefully there should be big names to attract people..

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            Monday mood

I LOVE THIS.

Comment

• I don’t recall her being tipsy on Idol? She definitely did drink too much but she’s deffo calmed it down. She always said she fell doing a music video for TMB remix and her depth of perception was off and she fell. I’ve never truely believed that version of events but I don’t think there’s any reason to suspect she fell because she was tipsy? I see what you may mean about the industry or parts of it. But at the same
                                              time she’s a very bankable artist. Most of her projects succeed. She had affiliations with all the big players. So although some people may not want to hire her again, American Idol for example, I think that’s due to their own fault not Mariah’s. Mariah was screwed over by them and in turn they screwed themselves over.

Comment

• https://www.tyla.com/news/sara-botki...itter-20210913

Glitter, it saves lives people.

Comment

• I think its a bit of both. Personally, she was letting things run out of control, and we were seeing behaviours that were less than desirable, maybe? She was very tipsy a lot of the time, lying down during Beautiful performances, etc. It didn’t help anything. But I get that she was struggling with her marriage at the time so, as a fan, I give it leeway.
                                                  But I don’t think the public think like that.
                                                  Re idol, there were moments she was silly ( that video of them all being interviewed,and she’s desperate for the camera to only catch her best side), but overall, I think she looked great, gave good advice most of the time, and showed a nice side of herself.
                                                  The problem, imo, was Idol pushing the Nicki and Mariah hate storyline. It was a big mistake on their behalf, that didnt pay off for either Idol or Mariah, and was stupid considering they only had reason to be friends, and the financial success of UOMF was worth faking it for, if anything.

Comment

• I don’t get that Mariah being tipsy during Idol and Beautiful performances thing. Didn’t get that perception at all… She wasn’t lying down because she was tipsy.

Idol was a missed opportunity overall, she could have been on top of the world had the album been released during it and if she hadn’t fall later on but it is what it is… the mess that was her private life surely played a big part in this

Comment

Working...
                                                    X