Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
    We also have to consider that the original plan was to release the album on July 23, 2013 and album sales are usually lower on the summer. Pretty sure that MIAM/TAOLG would've sold more copies if released on 2013 instead of late may 2014 (). But really, how much better it could've done? Let's remember that radio dropped #B quite rapidly and it started dropping on the charts after that. I don't know if single #2 would've done better than YM in february 2014. It's all speculation at the end because we don't know the full plans the label had for the album.

Also, who remembers that stream before the album release when Mariah and JD were talking about promoting it on an air ballon?
    Not sure about that. I think releasing the album the original plan, would've probably mean better sales and chart performance because it was before the accident and MAYBE a different (and better) 2nd single + MAYBE more promotion (Mariah said the label had a plan...) + #B was still fresh in July... a 2nd single around the release of the album would've done so much better.
    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      Somewhat Loved music video

Omg.. no way... they are gonna throw out such a row budget music video
      Mariah Carey x BTS
      #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Nonetheless, we have also seen her do tv shows since Idol, like the guest judge on The Voice and she did an amazing job.

I think she is better suited and would be an amazing coach on The Voice. She would only need to consider taking a massive pay cut.
        With Ariana, Kelly, Jennifer, Xtina, Alicia and Gwen all having done The Voice, I can’t see Mariah wanting to do it. I feel like she’d rather do something new or unexpected.

I believe Simon Cowell is developing a new singing competition show and he’s got a great relationship with MC so he might try to get her to judge on that (although it might not come out for another year or two or three) …but only if she WANTS that type of job again.

Comment

• It's the first anniversary of "The Meaning of Mariah Carey"!

I remember pouring over my book immediately when I got it and listening to the audiobook at the same time. It was such an incredible experience.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Been listening to JHud’s version of Ain’t No Way this morning on repeat. I could totally picture Mariah covering this and giving it a gospel twist with a big choir in the background, and doing crazy falsetto and whistle runs at the climax.

Comment

• Comment

• Wow Kelly sounds amazing.. Obviously better than recent Mariah
                I love watching her perform bc I know she feels it.
                She just knows how to do those songs..
                Mariah Carey x BTS
                #20th No.1

Comment

• Imagine Mariah still sounded like that? With Mariahs superstar look, writing ability AND the voice to match she would be dominating the charts up until now!

Kelly Price has been missing in Georgia for over a month. Is it wrong to be secretly hoping MC has captured her and is forcing her to sing background on the MC16 gospel inspired album?!

Comment

• Yawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                      Imagine Mariah still sounded like that? With Mariahs superstar look, writing ability AND the voice to match she would be dominating the charts up until now!

Kelly Price has been missing in Georgia for over a month. Is it wrong to be secretly hoping MC has captured her and is forcing her to sing background on the MC16 gospel inspired album?!
                      I am beginning to worry a tad bit about your ease of language related to keeping someone prisoner against their will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Wow Kelly sounds amazing.. Obviously better than recent Mariah
                        I love watching her perform bc I know she feels it.
                        She just knows how to do those songs..
                        Yeah she sounds alright but no one will ever top Mariah’s version.

Comment

• It’s become very toxic in here. It’s not nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                            It’s become very toxic in here. It’s not nice.
                            It's outrageous. The hateful comments time after time, month after month. I left this place some months ago and I see it's even worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                              It’s become very toxic in here. It’s not nice.
                              Absolutely. It’s exhausting and any attempts of moving the conversation into some more positive is ruined by the same posters.

Comment

• Today is the 12th Anniversary of Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

Comment

• I remember when I first listen to MOAIA I kept on repeat mostly HATEU, angels cry and candy bling.

what about you guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

Absolutely. It’s exhausting and any attempts of moving the conversation into some more positive is ruined by the same posters.
                                    Agree 1000000000%

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      I remember when I first listen to MOAIA I kept on repeat mostly HATEU, angels cry and candy bling.

what about you guys?
                                      HATEU and Angles Cry (NeYo version) are my favourites

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

HATEU and Angles Cry (NeYo version) are my favourites
                                        But angels cry remix came out much later. I mean when you first played the album

Comment

• Betcha gon know, HATE U, Candy Bling and Ribbon are my favs. But I realky like this record

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                            Betcha gon know, HATE U, Candy Bling and Ribbon are my favs. But I realky like this record
                                            I love all of those but Languishing is my favorite on this record.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                              I love all of those but Languishing is my favorite on this record.
                                              I forgot that. I love Languishing

Comment

• Happy anniversary Memoirs! It remains one of her best and criminally underrated.

I deleted some of the songs as they are absolute garbage, but if the album had been released like this is would've sold more than Music Box and Daydream combined

BGK
                                                Obsessed
                                                Hate U
                                                Candy Bling
                                                Ribbon
                                                IAW
                                                UOMF
                                                MTJF
                                                Impossible
                                                Impossible reprise
                                                Hate U remix
                                                (Maybe also Languishing but dunno where it would fit well)

Also, Candy Bling and the Hate U remix should replace My All and Hero at all Mariah concerts. They are two of her most legendary songs
                                                Last edited by Kaloki; Wed September 29, 2021, 16:00.

Comment

• Y’all really removing Inseparable and More Than Just Friends?!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                    Y’all really removing Inseparable and More Than Just Friends?!
                                                    Mannnn I was just going to say I feel like I’m the only lamb that loves ‘Inseparable’ besides some questionable lyrics I like that song she was also singing her face off!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X