Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    “Candy Bling” climax is one of my favorite Mariah vocal and melody moments of all time

If I were a rapper, I would so sample dem adlibs for a chorus,

Back in the day
    I sit and wish we was
    I wish we was
    Just like back in the day
    Still remember
    Now I’m back in love, back in the future
    Missing you

Like they work as a chorus on their own, they don’t even need the regular chorus under it, even though I love the regular chorus too, especially the post-chorus
    That Ahmad sample was genius!!
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• She added so much melody to it, especially the second verse

I always forget it’s about Nick though, she probably can’t listen to it

Comment

She added so much melody to it, especially the second verse

I always forget it’s about Nick though, she probably can’t listen to it
        One of my faves from the album, that and the Impossible, plus of course the reprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

I don’t have the receipts now, but back then there were extras on Instagram who posted pics and info from the shoot for You Don’t Know What To Do and reports on Twitter that she had shut down a club to shoot a fast 1-day video shoot for “Thirsty”. I believe the rumors back then were that the “Thirsty” video looked cheap, but idk.

I assumed either her label or Mimi herself weren’t happy with the outcomes and amongst the confusion as to which single to push they all just let everything fall to the waste side.

That stuff could have definitely been made up, but those rumors were definitely out there.
          The Thirsty thing isn’t true. But it is true that they (partly) shot a video for YDKWTD, I too remember the extras and dancers posting aboutit. Whether they filmed a whole video is unknown.

Comment

• Comment

Longer chords are great for strums, Don’t Forget About Us would be PERFECT, Obsessed too
              DFAU would worm really well!

Comment

“Candy Bling” climax is one of my favorite Mariah vocal and melody moments of all time, it is my favorite Belteriah adlibs post-Butterly, that or Joy Ride, the “from the day’!” “Joy Ride” growl gives me my entire life

If I were a rapper, I would so sample dem adlibs for a chorus,

Back in the day
                I sit and wish we was
                I wish we was
                Just like back in the day
                Still remember
                Now I’m back in love, now I’m stuck in the future
                Missing you

Like they work as a chorus on their own, they don’t even need the regular chorus under it, even though I love the regular chorus too, especially the post-chorus
                Appreciating the Candy Bling love. It was the first song on MOAIA to really strike a chord with me and I still love it to this day. (That and inseparable are probably the only two i still listen to from the album)

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

My guess would be that whatever prevented Glitter from being available at streaming services is still affecting its singles and videos, with her just getting a hold of the mere album.
                  That or they keep Glitter stuff for something more big, this year will be it’s 20 anniversary... of course she won’t release anything on 9/11 but she could do something a few weeks later. That would be dope!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

That Ahmad sample was genius!!
                    I remember reading about the Ahmad sample for Candy Bling in the run up to MOAIA, and then being really disappointed she sampled the chorus rather than the track (which it turned out was actually a sample of Love TKO by Teddy Pendergrass).

I grew to love Candy Bling but always thought she’d sound killer over a Love TKO sample! Missed opportunity for a Candy Bling remix with new vocals!!
                    Last edited by firefly_86; Sat February 20, 2021, 09:57.

Comment

• Something about Mariah saying she is inspired and disappearing gives me such a good feeling

Comment

• SIO's second verse is a whole mood.
                        What an effing bop.
                        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by PJDoubleu View Post

The Thirsty thing isn’t true. But it is true that they (partly) shot a video for YDKWTD, I too remember the extras and dancers posting aboutit. Whether they filmed a whole video is unknown.
                          If they did film something for YDKWTD, they must be able to make the video. Even if they just shot on one day, they probably have way more over 4 minutes of film.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Listening to my TEOM vinyl
                            She coulda left Sprung out, ruins the mood completely. It's just noise.
                            Secret love is a JAAAAAAM.
                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• For people wishing to submit their ballots in parts for the UKMIX Mariah Carey Discography Rate, then they should submit these ratings [1-10] for these songs to Leo and/or myself

Vision of Love
                              There's Got to Be a Way
                              I Don't Wanna Cry
                              Someday
                              Vanishing
                              All In Your Mind
                              Alone In Love
                              You Need Me
                              Sent from Up Above
                              Prisoner
                              Love Takes Time
                              Someday 7" Jackswing
                              Emotions
                              And You Don't Remember
                              Can't Let Go
                              Make It Happen
                              If It's Over
                              You're So Cold
                              So Blessed
                              To Be Around You
                              Till the End of Time
                              The Wind
                              Emotions 12" Club Mix
                              Emotions (Special Motion Edit)
                              Make It Happen (Dub Version)
                              Make It Happen (Live At MSG)
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Why is So Lonely not included in the vinyl of TEOM? Someone knows?

Comment

“Candy Bling” climax is one of my favorite Mariah vocal and melody moments of all time, it is my favorite Belteriah adlibs post-Butterly, that or Joy Ride, the “from the day’!” “Joy Ride” growl gives me my entire life
                                  Candy Bling is so underrated.
                                  UTS meets FOJ.
                                  Love the little references and the vocals are so dreamy, I love the belting and the ad-libs during the climax as well.
                                  Def one of my faves.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    One of my faves from the album, that and the Impossible, plus of course the reprise.
                                    Those are my faves as well, well first Betcha, then Candy Bling and then The Impossible and The Reprise (tho I prefer the belting on the reprise, those last raspy belts!).
                                    And of course Languishing, I wish it was longer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Those are my faves as well, well first Betcha, then Candy Bling and then The Impossible and The Reprise (tho I prefer the belting on the reprise, those last raspy belts!).
                                      And of course Languishing, I wish it was longer!
                                      Oh yeah Languishing is superb.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                        DFAU would worm really well!
                                        You have no excuses now, we give you lots of recomendations haha.

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                        SIO's second verse is a whole mood.
                                        What an effing bop.
                                        Yasss I love it.

Comment

• I think she's having some issues with Glitter, that's why she had to skip it. Hopefully she can work it out.
                                          Or she's planning something bigger closer to the anniversary, but I'm leaning more for the first option.
                                          There's no way she skipped it purposely because "she don't like it".
                                          She only showed love for the album since the justice momevent and even changed her name to Billie on Twitter, she gave us new pics from that Era, and not to mention she also did a whole segment of tracks during the Caution Tour.

Comment

• Comment

• The last part

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                                The last part

i can literally imagine the smile haha

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                  i can literally imagine the smile haha
                                                  haha, same, I can picture her face, she's so sassy & expressive

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X