Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
    I remember when I first listen to MOAIA I kept on repeat mostly HATEU, angels cry and candy bling.

    what about you guys?
    I remember when I first listened to MOAIA I kept repeating every single track in case any would stand out instead of all sounding LIKE THE SAME F'NG SONG.

    Happy anniversary to Mariah's most boring album of all! Now next!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

      I remember when I first listened to MOAIA I kept repeating every single track in case any would stand out instead of all sounding LIKE THE SAME F'NG SONG.

      Happy anniversary to Mariah's most boring album of all! Now next!
      I respect your personal taste but Obsessed, Betcha and It’s a wrap are worlds apart.

      Comment


      • HATEU Remix is a gem, it should have been the single version!

        Comment


        • I became a fan during MOAIA era and yet it's my least liked album Though it has some gems like Languishing, IWTKWLI, Angels Cry, BGK.
          Previously known as sYair

          Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

            I remember when I first listened to MOAIA I kept repeating every single track in case any would stand out instead of all sounding LIKE THE SAME F'NG SONG.

            Happy anniversary to Mariah's most boring album of all! Now next!
            Probably it’s not Mariah’s strongest album but definitely the most cohesive one that I don’t need to skip any of the tracks at all.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
              Y’all really removing Inseparable and More Than Just Friends?!
              The worst songs

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

                I remember when I first listened to MOAIA I kept repeating every single track in case any would stand out instead of all sounding LIKE THE SAME F'NG SONG.

                Happy anniversary to Mariah's most boring album of all! Now next!
                The her most boring and the album with the most fillers. Ribbon-inseparable-MTJF sounds like a long song

                Comment


                • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

                  Absolutely. It’s exhausting and any attempts of moving the conversation into some more positive is ruined by the same posters.
                  It’s been like that for the last 8 years. The marshmallow definition of what is now considered trolling has stifled any attempts at bringing this thread back to its former glory when it was the best place on the net to discuss Mariah. Now it’s largely a sess pit for the same 3-4 posters to spew their hatred of Mariah in a veiled and often with back handed way.

                  Comment


                  • I hated Memoirs for about a decade. But it has some great songs:

                    1. Betcha
                    2. Obsessed
                    3. HATEU
                    4. It's a Wrap
                    5. Languishing
                    6. I want to know what love is...

                    I can also appreciate something like Standing O today. Angels Cry is almost listenable too. The other tracks - I don't like.

                    Me. I am Moo is def. the BETTER album. It deserved Memoirs' success... (u know selling over 1 million units in the US - sps).
                    My Chart

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                      I remember when I first listen to MOAIA I kept on repeat mostly HATEU, angels cry and candy bling.

                      what about you guys?
                      At first listen, I remember I loved tracks 1-6 very much, especially Candy Bling. my least fav was Standing O.

                      I have a love-hate thing with It's A Wrap. the past few years I don't like it so much.

                      Ribbon melody is really nice, but the lyrics are just ok-ish for me

                      The Impossible could've been so much better with better lyrics

                      Angels Cry felt very different at the time, like a ballad Mariah never did before.

                      Languishing was and is beautiful, though I would've loved to remove the finger snap...don't get it!!!

                      IWTKWLI is great. always liked it and I still play it.

                      H.A.T.E.U remix is my fav from the era.
                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                      Comment


                      • Memoirs is one of my favorite album of hers. I remember playing it on repeat every day for months. Its one of my most played album ever. Love it from the beginning until the end!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                          Memoirs is one of my favorite album of hers. I remember playing it on repeat every day for months. Its one of my most played album ever. Love it from the beginning until the end!
                          what about Elusive Chanteuse, Elusive? That one is soooooooooooooo good and under-appreciated here.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Stereogum's long running column, "The Number Ones," which look at songs that went to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 has now reached Mariah Carey, starting with "Vision of Love":

                            https://www.stereogum.com/2161924/th...e-number-ones/
                            Last edited by Mugen; Wed September 29, 2021, 20:29.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              Today is the 12th Anniversary of Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                              Oh already! Candy Bling is one of my all time fav song of her. I tried to look for live performance but all I got was this interlude during the caution tour https://youtu.be/3FA17NefOhs So random! I hope she “remake” this one as a 9min long track because I’m sure it’s one of her fav. Pure bliss

                              I really like Memoirs as a whole (and that magazine booklet was cleaver marketing) but I was never a fan of HateU because I listened to The Dream demo on a loop before the release of the album and I was disappointed about the robotic vocal effects on Mariah’s version. I always found it took the emotion out of the song. Simpler would have been better IMO. But the Remix is really good. Memoirs is a strong cohesive album. I still want Angels Advocate to this day I don’t understand why they never released it!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Xmas View Post

                                Oh already! Candy Bling is one of my all time fav song of her. I tried to look for live performance but all I got was this interlude during the caution tour https://youtu.be/3FA17NefOhs So random! I hope she “remake” this one as a 9min long track because I’m sure it’s one of her fav. Pure bliss

                                I really like Memoirs as a whole (and that magazine booklet was cleaver marketing) but I was never a fan of HateU because I listened to The Dream demo on a loop before the release of the album and I was disappointed about the robotic vocal effects on Mariah’s version. I always found it took the emotion out of the song. Simpler would have been better IMO. But the Remix is really good. Memoirs is a strong cohesive album. I still want Angels Advocate to this day I don’t understand why they never released it!
                                Candy bling has such a nostalgic feeling to it

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                                  Steregum's long running column, "The Number Ones," which look at songs that went to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 has now reached Mariah Carey, starting with "Vision of Love":

                                  https://www.stereogum.com/2161924/th...e-number-ones/
                                  The praise... omg. I'm loving it. I love VoL as well. An epic debut for such a young singer.
                                  My Chart

                                  Comment


                                  • I loved Memoirs for what it was… an MC experiment working with only one other producer for a cohesive album sound. I enjoyed it and have many faves off of it (obsessed, hateu, it’s a wrap, standing o, up out my face, angels cry - ne-yo version). The tour was also great!

                                    In a lot of ways, it sounds like her current album is an experiment as well in that she is producing her record entirely by herself, which will be cool.

                                    Back to the Memoirs love…

                                    I’m hoping the album will be certified platinum soon. It has to be close-ish…

                                    The album is already Gold = 500,000 units
                                    Obsessed single is 3x platinum = 300,000 album units

                                    that’s a total of 800,000 units. If Obsessed was able to get 2x more platinum this past year (it was last certified in November 2020… and with TikTok’s influence and streaming in general, you never know!) then Memoirs the album can go platinum (finally)!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                      what about Elusive Chanteuse, Elusive? That one is soooooooooooooo good and under-appreciated here.
                                      It’s one of the albums I listen the least. I skip half of the songs most of the time there’s great songs in it but others that I don’t really care for

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                                        It’s one of the albums I listen the least. I skip half of the songs most of the time there’s great songs in it but others that I don’t really care for
                                        my relationship with this album exactly
                                        funny how one can learn
                                        to grow numb to the madness
                                        and block it away

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                                          Steregum's long running column, "The Number Ones," which look at songs that went to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 has now reached Mariah Carey, starting with "Vision of Love":

                                          https://www.stereogum.com/2161924/th...e-number-ones/
                                          Loved reading this! Thanks for sharing

                                          Comment


                                          • Mariah portrayal in the Luis Miguel Series trailer


                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                              It’s become very toxic in here. It’s not nice.
                                              Agree. it is sad cos it seems like moderators are not seeing it. Oh well. Xmas is soon here and she will be dominating and everything will be positive

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

                                                The album is already Gold = 500,000 units
                                                Obsessed single is 3x platinum = 300,000 album units

                                                that’s a total of 800,000 units. If Obsessed was able to get 2x more platinum this past year (it was last certified in November 2020… and with TikTok’s influence and streaming in general, you never know!) then Memoirs the album can go platinum (finally)!
                                                the album is pretty close to 600,000 units sold in traditional sales. Three years ago - before the Obsessed resurgence - it was at around 980k sold in sps units. I believe that it has already cleared those remaining 30k in the past 3 years. it's probably at around 1,1 million now. It should be certified platinum already.

                                                The same can be said about E=MC˛ which was at 1,8 million sps in 2018. It has certainly been able to close the gap to 2 million.

                                                Cannot wait for Merry Xmas to go diamond this season. the internet stan wars will explode.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                  the album is pretty close to 600,000 units sold in traditional sales. Three years ago - before the Obsessed resurgence - it was at around 980k sold in sps units. I believe that it has already cleared those remaining 30k in the past 3 years. it's probably at around 1,1 million now. It should be certified platinum already.

                                                  The same can be said about E=MC˛ which was at 1,8 million sps in 2018. It has certainly been able to close the gap to 2 million.

                                                  Cannot wait for Merry Xmas to go diamond this season. the internet stan wars will explode.
                                                  I think it is likely we see her certifications for these updated as Def Jam just did some recertifications last year. Would be amazing to get some new studio album updates.


                                                  Where would you put Merry Christmas II You?
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                                                    I think it is likely we see her certifications for these updated as Def Jam just did some recertifications last year. Would be amazing to get some new studio album updates.


                                                    Where would you put Merry Christmas II You?
                                                    MCIIY has sold something like 605-610k in the US (traditional sales) and has certainly reached 700,000 in sps units now.

                                                    My estimates (sps) for Mariah's Island albums in the USA
                                                    2002 - 1,235,000 - Charmbracelet
                                                    2005 - 7,450,000 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                                    2008 - 2,030,000 - E=MC˛
                                                    2009 - 1,140,000 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                                    2010 - 700,000 - Merry Christmas II You
                                                    2014 - 395,000 - Me. I am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
                                                    --
                                                    2015 - 185,000 - #1 to Infinity
                                                    2018 - 160,000 - Caution
                                                    2020 - 30,000 - The Rarities
                                                    2020 - 40,000 - Mariah's Magical XMas
                                                    My Chart

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X