No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daydream has no skip tracks. To me, Underneath is slightly better that Forever. Just slightly.
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Mariah and Khalid are now following each other on IG so I guess their collab is confirmed. Couldn't care less for Kirk Franklin being on the song honestly, let it be a duet
      Last edited by sm3; Thu September 30, 2021, 17:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post
        Mariah and Khalid are now following each other on IG so I guess their collab is confirmed. Couldn't care less with Kirk Franklin being on the song honestly, let it be a duet
        I think it's important to note the site only listed the writers and not the actual performers (unless I missed it).

Though it is unlikely the case that they all wrote and didnt sing together.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think it's important to note the site only listed the writers and not the actual performers (unless I missed it).

Though it is unlikely the case that they all wrote and didnt sing together.
          I read somewhere on Twitter that she sampled Kirk Franklin's song hence the writers credit. Just hope that is it and he isn't on the song

Comment

• When I saw you >>>> Fantasy, One sweet day, Always be my baby, Open arms, I'm free, Forever, Melt away

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post

I read somewhere on Twitter that she sampled Kirk Franklin's song hence the writers credit. Just hope that is it and he isn't on the song
              I was thinking that could be the case. I just hope if it is a sample that it works well with the song. Kirk has some huge Gospel hits.

Could also be the case that Kirk just reads a scripture

Comment

• O think it’s that Twitter account Mariah leaks’ fault that posted it was Kirk the feature not Khalid and people started to replicate like the truth

Comment

• LONG AGO IS THAT BITCH! One of my favorite songs from her ever and her first real urban bop. Y’all hear how she rode that beat?

also Kirk Franklin doesn’t really sing on his songs. He just does the arrangements, writing and his choir does the rest.

Underneath the Stars >>> Forever and Melt Away sorry sistren

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

When I saw you >>>> Fantasy, One sweet day, Always be my baby, Open arms, I'm free, Forever, Melt away
                    Whenever I listen to When I Saw You i see how amazing it is. It just feels like it lingers a bit sometimes.

That being said, it is no where close to Melt Away, not even Forever.

Open Arms is also better.

One of the weaker songs on Daydream but considering that album is spectacular, the song is still good.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                      LONG AGO IS THAT BITCH! One of my favorite songs from her ever and her first real urban bop. Y’all hear how she rode that beat?

also Kirk Franklin doesn’t really sing on his songs. He just does the arrangements, writing and his choir does the rest.

Underneath the Stars >>> Forever and Melt Away sorry sistren
                      Don’t be sorry when you’re right.

I only started appreciating When I Saw You this year. She outdid it with Whenever You Call imo so it’s easily forgettable.
                      funny how one can learn
                      to grow numb to the madness
                      and block it away

Comment

• This performance of Hero is utterly mesmerizing.

That husky tone. OMG. Like butter. She struggles... but every little struggle sounds angelic. 1999 Mariah was so on fire... the look too.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          This performance of Hero is utterly mesmerizing.

That husky tone. OMG. Like butter. She struggles... but every little struggle sounds angelic. 1999 Mariah was so on fire... the look too.
                          I had never seen this!! I like it

Her voice is amazing.That day the chest and her mid-low register were on fire although her upper register and whispering were struggling. It's amazing seeing her saving the situation

Comment

• When I saw you is the song that confirms for me Mariahs take on sometimes her songs feeling overproduced. The song just feels so forced and contrived. Also it’s one of the rare instances where I absolutely hate the melody she created for the chorus. It just is so mundane and drags. The only thing that makes the song listenable is her vocal is outstanding.

Comment

• Kween ally MJB is going to perform with M&Ms at the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                Kween ally MJB is going to perform with M&Ms at the Super Bowl.
                                It’s an interesting line up - Dre, Snoop, Mary, Marshall, Kendrick. They all have sooooo many songs.

I’ve never wanted Mariah to do it because she’s not that kind of performer but if she did with a line up with other huge artists I think she could kill her section.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  Kween ally MJB is going to perform with M&Ms at the Super Bowl.
                                  Team MC slept on this one
                                  Israeli Lamb here.
                                  I love Mariah, but I also love the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmDaniel View Post

Let’s hope they secured a SNL spot or another The Voice coaching moment, otherwise it will just be the Apple special it seems in term of major event before Christmas…

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmDaniel View Post

maybe if she didn't leave roc nation since now ro nation and jay z are responsible for the superbowl halftime

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                        Sometimes I think how ridiculous it is that Melt Away was never a single

I wish the TikTok world would discover it

Like, I think UTS and Forever are better songs but Melt Away sounds like a classic dahhhlings

And yes, we love Long Ago
                                        YES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                                          Stereogum's long running column, "The Number Ones," which look at songs that went to number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 has now reached Mariah Carey, starting with "Vision of Love":

https://www.stereogum.com/2161924/th...e-number-ones/
                                          That was fun. Great read. I remember those days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                            Happy anniversary Memoirs! It remains one of her best and criminally underrated.
                                            Happy Birthday Memoirs! Love this album. Ribbon remains an all time fav album track.

You and I mostly agreed on this album (though I see no garbage tracks here), but me and stevyy not so much.

Comment

• Kris Buckle on his instagram story says he has been on set for last four days shooting something in LA.

Could be for MC.

Comment

• 11th Anniversary of Oh Santa!

Comment

• As much as I love to see Mariah perform at the superbowl, it’s just not gonna work I’m afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

When I saw you >>>> Fantasy, One sweet day, Always be my baby, Open arms, I'm free, Forever, Melt away
                                                    Delusions
                                                    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X