No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly (album) is not among the RS top 500 albums of all times, right? How dare they...
    My Chart

Comment

• The only Butterfly track that I never connected well with is The Beautiful Ones. Don't know why. I want to like it more than I do.

Comment

• Butterfly is perfect to me. Love the sequence of TR, 4th of July, Breakdown and Babydoll. My All, Butterfly and WYC are of her best records. CME is very personal.
        Also TBO is one of my faves covers of her. I really love how the song grows until it explodes.
        This album is a masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          Butterfly (album) is not among the RS top 500 albums of all times, right? How dare they...
          Does she even have an album on the RS 500? Don't think so. Don't pay much attention to RS anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post

Does she even have an album on the RS 500? Don't think so. Don't pay much attention to RS anyway.
            she does. TEOM is on it (despite its 2,5 / 5 stars rating on the magazine).

Butterfly (4 / 5 stars) is not on it.

they r obviously trolling at this point.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
              Butterfly is perfect to me. Love the sequence of TR, 4th of July, Breakdown and Babydoll. My All, Butterfly and WYC are of her best records. CME is very personal.
              Also TBO is one of my faves covers of her. I really love how the song grows until it explodes.
              This album is a masterpiece
              Is that your favorite four track sequence? I'm listening to Caution right now and I think her Giving Me Life - One Mo' Gen - 8th Grade - Stay Long Love You ranks high on my list. Absolutely sublime.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

she does. TEOM is on it (despite its 2,5 / 5 stars rating on the magazine).

Butterfly (4 / 5 stars) is not on it.

they r obviously trolling at this point.
                Well I'm glad TEOM is on it.

Comment

• my ranking:

10/10:
                  01. The Roof
                  02. Fourth of July
                  03. My All
                  04. Butterfly

8/10:
                  05. Honey
                  06. Close My Eyes
                  07. Whenever You Call

06/10:
                  08. Breakdown
                  09. The Beautiful Ones
                  10. Outside
                  11. Babydoll
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• This line up is promising. Looks like she's doing a gospel flavored classic Christmas special. I'm all for it.

Comment

• So excited for those collabs. Was afraid she would go for some popular-at-the-moment super stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        So excited for those collabs. Was afraid she would go for some popular-at-the-moment super stars.
                        QualiT over #1s

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                          QualiT over #1s
                          Exactly.

It's great One Sweet Day and Thank God I Found You went to #1 in the US and Against All Odds in the UK.

But although those boy bands may have helped her get another #1 hit, I'd rather listen to I'll Be There with the "unknown" Trey Lorenz.

Comment

• With Christmas music it’s about quality over popular, current artist collabs. I’m here for a gospel Christmas. She should save any collabs with current artists for her next album.
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Exactly.

It's great One Sweet Day and Thank God I Found You went to #1 in the US and Against All Odds in the UK.

But although those boy bands may have helped her get another #1 hit, I'd rather listen to I'll Be There with the "unknown" Trey Lorenz.
                              TGIFY is an epic song. I love how poppy it is.

OSD is just pure quality... the vocals alone are out of this world. BIIM are incredible, Mariah too... what more can you want..?

That Westlife collabo... was OKish.. they do not add anything to it. Trey Lorenz is as much IBT as Mariah. A perfect collaboration. I love how she just let her background singer shine like that. Trey is amazing. A great friend too. Her real brother.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Yeah Westlife weren’t necessary on AAO.. Mariah was still really popular in the UK in 99/00 and AAO is a song that would have gone to number one with just her. The production of the one with her by herself is also leagues ahead. The westlife version is nowhere near as good.
                                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                  Yeah Westlife weren’t necessary on AAO.. Mariah was still really popular in the UK in 99/00 and AAO is a song that would have gone to number one with just her. The production of the one with her by herself is also leagues ahead. The westlife version is nowhere near as good.
                                  Maybe not #1. But AAO (solo) would have probably debuted at #3 or something like that in the UK. There is another person here on UKMIX who consistently drags her for the collabo and who insinuates that the song would have flopped otherwise.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• I see this old Elton John song mash-up remix with his songs and Dua sitting pretty at No. 2 in the UK and working its way up the charts in the US and wonder why Mariah doesn’t give us hidden gem catalog refreshs with dem vocals on all of her C&C songs that weren’t singles, especially Now That I Know and I’ve Been Thinking About You

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                      I see this old Elton John song mash-up remix with his songs and Dua sitting pretty at No. 2 in the UK and working its way up the charts in the US and wonder why Mariah doesn’t give us hidden gem catalog refreshs with dem vocals on all of her C&C songs that weren’t singles, especially Now That I Know and I’ve Been Thinking About You
                                      she would need a young, fresh American R&B boy to do to her, what Dua is doing for Elton. Bruno Mars x Mariah would be the equivalent.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post

Is that your favorite four track sequence? I'm listening to Caution right now and I think her Giving Me Life - One Mo' Gen - 8th Grade - Stay Long Love You ranks high on my list. Absolutely sublime.
                                        One of my all tme fave 3 track sequences is on E=MC2: Thanx 4 Nothin' - O.O.C. - For The Record, which unfortunately is sandwiched between Last Kiss and Bye Bye. Ugh

Music Box's ATYNAF - Music Box -Now That I Know is also one of my fave 3 song sequences.
                                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I was reflecting on the amazing super star collaborations Mariah had early in her career - Mariah recorded with some of the absolute best vocalists of all time - Luther, B2M, and Whitney. All legends.

These collaborations made news back then (in WYB's case, a whole Oprah show and plenty of press).

It was befitting of Mariah to record with them. They made absolute magic with music.

I think the last time I was excited about a vocal collab was Mariah and John Legend cause their "With You I'm Born Again" was sublime. When Christmas Comes was ok - it was more the song itself is not my fave but they are great together.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                            Whenever You Call is definitely skippable. Every single time.

The rest of the album is legendary.
                                            Last edited by Anderson; Sat October 2, 2021, 04:02.
                                            Mariah Carey x BTS
                                            #20th No.1

Comment

• I skip it almost every time I listen to this album...
                                              Not impressive.. her robotic vocal is intolerable..
                                              Mariah Carey x BTS
                                              #20th No.1

Comment

• Actually I skip the album version... I prefer watching live versions on YouTube..
                                                Last edited by Anderson; Sat October 2, 2021, 04:23.
                                                Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                #20th No.1

Comment

• Whenever you call is one of the highlights of the album Butterfly....
                                                  and one of the best ballads Mariah's ever recorded....
                                                  Girls please....
                                                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                  #20th No.1

Comment

• Unlike Against All Odds, Whenever You Call is definitely much better as a duet.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X