Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment




    • this is odd to me
      Me. I am Itsawrap.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post


        this is odd to me
        A guide on how to be mean and shady without being detected or dragged in the #bekind era. I don’t think Ryan is a Mariah fan since NYE

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

          A guide on how to be mean and shady without being detected or dragged in the #bekind era. I don’t think Ryan is a Mariah fan since NYE
          I do not detect shady for the purpose of being mean. They are telling the story with the character Mariah loves to portrait. I do think Mariah might have behaved a little bit of a diva, bit I do think she does it to feed the narrative.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

            A guide on how to be mean and shady without being detected or dragged in the #bekind era. I don’t think Ryan is a Mariah fan since NYE
            I don't think he ever liked her. he always seems so fake to me

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

              It was released on Westlife album “coast to coast”, I don’t think it was released on rainbow
              That is what I thought. I know Mariah included it on some compilations going forward, but officially it is not on the Rainbow album, only the solo version is, which was released as a single four months before the Westlife version.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

              Comment


              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                That is what I thought. I know Mariah included it on some compilations going forward, but officially it is not on the Rainbow album, only the solo version is, which was released as a single four months before the Westlife version.
                u make it seem like that the solo version flopped and she had to rush to a boyband in order to save the era.... the solo version has never been released in the UK... and the Westlife version has only been released in selective EU markets.

                The version with westlife still belongs to the Rainbow era, if not for the time proximity to the album then for the relation of the cover being on the album.

                It is not ON the album, but belongs to the era.
                My Chart

                Comment


                • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post


                  this is odd to me
                  I can give Mariah some of my family's oil olive if she wants lol

                  RS seems fake to me too, but I don't care about him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                    u make it seem like that the solo version flopped and she had to rush to a boyband in order to save the era.... the solo version has never been released in the UK... and the Westlife version has only been released in selective EU markets.

                    The version with westlife still belongs to the Rainbow era, if not for the time proximity to the album then for the relation of the cover being on the album.

                    It is not ON the album, but belongs to the era.
                    Well I mean you started out by saying you were confused about how Rainbow album sold so little in the UK with top ten singles and a no 1 but seeing as the no 1 is not even on the album it obviously wasnt going to make anyone buy Rainbow for that. It was driven by Westlife fans to no 1, who purchased their album, on which the duet was actually included.
                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

                    Comment


                    • This was beautiful

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                        Well I mean you started out by saying you were confused about how Rainbow album sold so little in the UK with top ten singles and a no 1 but seeing as the no 1 is not even on the album it obviously wasnt going to make anyone buy Rainbow for that. It was driven by Westlife fans to no 1, who purchased their album, on which the duet was actually included.
                        and you are doing it again. The Rainbow ERA had 2 top 10 singles in the UK + a #1 single with Westlife. The solo version would have not gone to #1, I fully agree, but it would have probably been a top 10 hit in its own right. Since it is my theory that the song belongs to the ERA, I would have assumed that it would have affected the albums sales bc it kept her in the spotlight, it was promoted and performed and also promoted the album in the sense that it belongs to the same era.

                        Rainbow was a massively promoted era in Europe. It even had a tour as well. But unlike its great performances in Germany and France, the British public was not that supportive of the album. And that is what I find odd.

                        But that been the case too, with a lot of her albums towards the end of the 1990s and the early 2000s.

                        Glitter and especially CB performed rather well in France, but didn't do much (with the exception of CB in the UK) in the other 2 major markets.

                        TEOM did well in the UK, but did not do too well in France and Germany.

                        The last time she had a studio album doing remotely well and close in total sales in all 3 major EU markets was Daydream.

                        Mariah Carey
                        380,000 - UK
                        225,000 - GER
                        100,000 - France
                        EU - 1,550,000

                        Emotions
                        400,000 - UK
                        150,000 - GER
                        110,000 - France
                        EU - 1,300,000

                        Music Box
                        1,750,000 - UK
                        1,400,000 - GER
                        1,400,000 - France
                        EU - 8,100,000

                        Xmas
                        350,000 - UK
                        350,000 - GER
                        70,000 - France
                        EU - 2,200,000

                        Daydream
                        850,000 - UK
                        750,000 - France
                        550,000 - GER
                        EU - 3,600,000

                        Butterfly
                        300,000 - UK
                        245,000 - France
                        225,000 - GER
                        EU - 1,500,000

                        Rainbow
                        485,000 - France
                        350,000 - GER
                        250,000 - UK
                        EU - 1,700,000

                        Glitter
                        110,000 - France
                        58,000 - UK
                        50,000 - GER
                        EU - 450,000

                        CB
                        260,000 - France
                        130,000 - UK
                        60,000 - GER
                        EU - 750,000

                        TEOM
                        660,000 - UK
                        185,000 - France
                        120,000 - GER
                        EU - 1,250,000

                        Einstein
                        150,000 - UK
                        55,000 - France
                        40,000 - GER
                        EU - 350,000

                        Memoirs
                        95,000 - UK
                        30,000 - France
                        10,000 - GER
                        EU - 180,000

                        Xmas2
                        25,000 - UK
                        15,000 - GER
                        10,000 - France
                        EU - 100,000

                        Elusive
                        18,000 - UK
                        10,000 - GER
                        8,000 - France
                        EU - 55,000

                        Caution
                        6,000 - UK
                        4,000 - France
                        3,000 - GER
                        EU - 30,000

                        Compilations:

                        #1's
                        800,000 - UK
                        750,000 - France
                        485,000 - GER
                        EU - 3,600,000

                        GH
                        875,000 - UK
                        190,000 - France
                        140,000 - GER
                        EU - 1,500,000

                        Ballads
                        260,000 - UK
                        10,000 - France
                        10,000 - GER
                        EU - 350,000

                        Infinity
                        105,000 - UK
                        15,000 - GER
                        10,000 - France
                        EU - 160,000

                        Others:

                        Unplugged
                        300,000 - GER
                        290,000 - UK
                        225,000 - France
                        EU - 1,650,000

                        The Remixes
                        45,000 - UK
                        10,000 - GER
                        5,000 - France
                        EU - 90,000
                        My Chart

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                          Well I mean you started out by saying you were confused about how Rainbow album sold so little in the UK with top ten singles and a no 1 but seeing as the no 1 is not even on the album it obviously wasnt going to make anyone buy Rainbow for that. It was driven by Westlife fans to no 1, who purchased their album, on which the duet was actually included.
                          I think it was more a “Westlife single” than Mariah’s. They released the song as the lead single for their album coast to coast which was the 3rd best selling album of the year in the UK. Westlife was huge back then. All of their singles were hitting #1

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post


                            I think it was more a “Westlife single” than Mariah’s. They released the song as the lead single for their album coast to coast which was the 3rd best selling album of the year in the UK. Westlife was huge back then. All of their singles were hitting #1
                            how could it have been MORE a Westlife single... when Mariah had covered the song before on her then-current album, Rainbow?

                            I don't like these comments which cannot be verified in any sense of logic.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                              how could it have been MORE a Westlife single... when Mariah had covered the song before on her then-current album, Rainbow?

                              I don't like these comments which cannot be verified in any sense of logic.
                              IT is perfectly logical. The duet version was the lead single to the Westlife album, Coast to Coast. It does not feature on the Rainbow album at all. It was not even added to it later on streaming or anything. You are acting as if the song is on the album, but it isnt !!
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                IT is perfectly logical. The duet version was the lead single to the Westlife album, Coast to Coast. It does not feature on the Rainbow album at all. It was not even added to it later on streaming or anything. You are acting as if the song is on the album, but it isnt !!
                                I think it’s hard for him to understand the song was worked as the lead single from Westlife’s album not Mariah’s. Of course it’s still a joint collaboration and Mariah are the lead artist with Westlife. But she didn’t even put the song as bonus in a reissue of rainbow album. It was basically their song with her

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                  I think it’s hard for him to understand the song was worked as the lead single from Westlife’s album not Mariah’s. Of course it’s still a joint collaboration and Mariah are the lead artist with Westlife. But she didn’t even put the song as bonus in a reissue of rainbow album. It was basically their song with her
                                  i don't understand this conversation, I agree on that.

                                  To me, there is only a difference between features and a duet.

                                  In a duet both acts have 50:50 credit.

                                  In a feature, there is a lead artist and a featured act.

                                  But if you think that AAO is a Westlife song more than a Mariah song, then your remark above doesn't make sense.
                                  My Chart

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                    IT is perfectly logical. The duet version was the lead single to the Westlife album, Coast to Coast. It does not feature on the Rainbow album at all. It was not even added to it later on streaming or anything. You are acting as if the song is on the album, but it isnt !!
                                    I said it now THREE times, that for me, the Rainbow era includes AAO solo and ft. Westlife. Mariah doesn't need a Rainbow re-release in order to make the song belong to the era.
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • In unrelated news to the discussion above:
                                      amazing showings for Fantasy in the English speaking world. GH is also #123 in Australia (Itunes) and rising.

                                      What a movie can do to a simple song.
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                        i don't understand this conversation, I agree on that.

                                        To me, there is only a difference between features and a duet.

                                        In a duet both acts have 50:50 credit.

                                        In a feature, there is a lead artist and a featured act.

                                        But if you think that AAO is a Westlife song more than a Mariah song, then your remark above doesn't make sense.
                                        One sweet day the Boyz II Men are also lead but Mariah worked as daydream single. No one is saying AAO it’s not a Mariah’s single, but Westlife released the song as their lead single from their sophomore album, like Mariah released OSD as her single from daydream even tho Boyz II Men are also the lead from the song. No one is discrediting the duet is not 50/50 because it’s not on rainbow but it’s on Westlife album

                                        Comment


                                        • There’s a lot of people saying incorrect things in here lol.

                                          BIIM are not the lead on OSD.. it’s a duet.
                                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                            There’s a lot of people saying incorrect things in here lol.

                                            BIIM are not the lead on OSD.. it’s a duet.
                                            Duet is 50/50 lol. a “featuring” which is not 50/50

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                              There’s a lot of people saying incorrect things in here lol.

                                              BIIM are not the lead on OSD.. it’s a duet.
                                              He actually said they are "also" the lead, which implies that Mariah was too.
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                                One sweet day the Boyz II Men are also lead but Mariah worked as daydream single. No one is saying AAO it’s not a Mariah’s single, but Westlife released the song as their lead single from their sophomore album, like Mariah released OSD as her single from daydream even tho Boyz II Men are also the lead from the song. No one is discrediting the duet is not 50/50 because it’s not on rainbow but it’s on Westlife album
                                                OSD is as much a BIIM song as it is a Mariah song. No matter where the song appeared on. It also appears on their GH album. For me, it is not important on whose album a duet appears... Mariah had an album out 10 months before AAO duet version dropped... with the original cover being on the album. Thence, I see the entire duet as part of the Rainbow era.

                                                For Westlife, the song is part of their album era as well.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                  He actually said they are "also" the lead, which implies that Mariah was too.
                                                  he also said that AAO with Westlife is not a 50/50 collabo, in favor of Westlife which by definition makes her a featured artist on a Westlife song.

                                                  I disagree with that wording wholeheartedly.
                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                    OSD is as much a BIIM song as it is a Mariah song. No matter where the song appeared on. It also appears on their GH album. For me, it is not important on whose album a duet appears... Mariah had an album out 10 months before AAO duet version dropped... with the original cover being on the album. Thence, I see the entire duet as part of the Rainbow era.

                                                    For Westlife, the song is part of their album era as well.
                                                    Good for you, that is your perspective.
                                                    But everyone else does not have to agree with you. The duet version was done way after the Rainbow album was released and was not included in any way on the original album or was it part of the vision for said album. It came MUCH later and was the lead single from someone elses album. Thence, if other people don't really see it as part of the rainbow era you can agree to disagree and respect said opinion, instead of insisting that you are correct ad nauseum.
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X