Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

he also said that AAO with Westlife is not a 50/50 collabo, in favor of Westlife which by definition makes her a featured artist on a Westlife song.

I disagree with that wording wholeheartedly.
    read again dahling. I didn't say that. I said AOO it's 50/50 mariah/westlife lol. I said it feels more like a westlife single because they released as the lead single from their sophomore album, like OSD is 50/50 but it feels more like a mariah single because she released from daydream. that's all

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

read again dahling. I didn't say that. I said AOO it's 50/50 mariah/westlife lol. I said it feels more like a westlife single because they released as the lead single from their sophomore album, like OSD is 50/50 but it feels more like a mariah single because she released from daydream. that's all
      I misread. apologies.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Good for you, that is your perspective.
        But everyone else does not have to agree with you. The duet version was done way after the Rainbow album was released and was not included in any way on the original album or was it part of the vision for said album. It came MUCH later and was the lead single from someone elses album. Thence, if other people don't really see it as part of the rainbow era you can agree to disagree and respect said opinion, instead of insisting that you are correct ad nauseum.
        That is fine. I can agree on everything that you say and still have my own opinion. I'd wish for you to be able to the same one day.

However, I disliked the wording of a collaboration being "more" a song of act 1 than act 2.

That was the point I was addressing.

My Chart

Comment

he also said that AAO with Westlife is not a 50/50 collabo, in favor of Westlife which by definition makes her a featured artist on a Westlife song.

I disagree with that wording wholeheartedly.
          Nope, he didn't say that. He literally said that Mariah was also the lead on the song with Westlfe !!

Of course it’s still a joint collaboration and Mariah are the lead artist with Westlife.
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Nope, he didn't say that. He literally said that Mariah was also the lead on the song with Westlfe !!
            he said it before that.
            My Chart

Comment

• We did get this iconic performance..

Comment

• Seriously tho: the crack on “when times get rough” on GOAT’s climax might be the single greatest note ever recorded in the history of peoplekind. I literally breakdown every single time I hear it. The imperfection ironically made the song even more perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  Seriously tho: the crack on “when times get rough” on GOAT’s climax might be the single greatest note ever recorded in the history of peoplekind. I literally breakdown every single time I hear it. The imperfection ironically made the song even more perfect.

One take

https://voca.ro/1c5wTPu4oeRM

Comment

You ain’t need no instrumental, acapella bishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                      You ain’t need no instrumental, acapella bishes.
                      Haha, you are so kind king. I have to try and mix to survive GOAT so my tone is kinda crap in that register.

Comment

• The most beautiful woman that has ever lived, in this performance

My Chart

Comment

The most beautiful woman that has ever lived, in this performance

That era was definitely her beauty peak IMO. She looked stunning.

Comment

That era was definitely her beauty peak IMO. She looked stunning.
                            and her best tone

Comment

and her best tone
                              Agreed again. No doubt. OHOMO

Comment

and her best tone
                                I love it too. Like butter... like a creamy marshmellow. Her tone in 1999-2000 was unmatched.

I prefer her husky like that in comparison to being clean like a surgeon in the years before.
                                My Chart

Comment

Agreed again. No doubt. OHOMO
                                  OHOMO is such a masterpiece. It deserved to be a single when it was recorded.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• God is my witness... I did not like the Fantasy remix much between 1995-2021... but ever since that Free Guy Movie and I got re-interested in the song... I enjoy the remix so much more than the original album version.

I have no idea why that is. I just adore the beat so much. When the first chorus sets in, I'm totally banging to it.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• 1997/98 > 1999

Comment

I love it too. Like butter... like a creamy marshmellow. Her tone in 1999-2000 was unmatched.

I prefer her husky like that in comparison to being clean like a surgeon in the years before.
                                        Agree. Her vocals husky and buttery around 1999-2000 is unmatched. I’m not a big fan of her so-called “vocal peak” (1995-1996) that’s very high, clean and girly.

her voice carried so much more emotions with heavier and husky vocals like 1999 tone

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                          1997/98 > 1999

let's just say that 1997 - 2000 was unmatched.

BTW, her 1998 performance of ISB on the Oprah show was... divine. just out of this world divine.
                                          My Chart

Comment

We did get this iconic performance..

Pure plastic processed cheese...hahaha. But actually, I am shocked that Mariah performed from that side of the stage, showing her "bad side" for the whole performance!

Comment

• "In another time~~~~" (eargasm moment)

Does anyone know what song's lyrics is..
                                              Mariah Carey x BTS
                                              #20th No.1

Comment

• Her 99 tone was heaven

Against All Odds is her best cover, I live for this performance, her tone here is so rich and clear

Last edited by allygdale; Mon October 4, 2021, 06:26.

Comment

I said it now THREE times, that for me, the Rainbow era includes AAO solo and ft. Westlife. Mariah doesn't need a Rainbow re-release in order to make the song belong to the era.
                                                  For me AAO is part of Rainbow. It's obvious. Just an special feat for an specific market, like she did for other songs with the remixes. She didn't re-release Rainbow after she remade with Joe and Nas, because it was an specific thing for the single. But it's part of the era, as long as the original track is.
                                                  1st time reading otherwise

Comment

• The most iconic artist in the universe, no one could touch her during her peak from 1990-1999, she was too unstoppable, better than Aretha Franklin, Donna Summer, Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, Helen Adu, Etta James, Nina Simone and many more.

The best ever!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X