No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isnt it weird that All I want for Xmas is you still is the most popular song among Mariah careys catalogue on spotify? Lol like we almost in march

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
      Isnt it weird that All I want for Xmas is you still is the most popular song among Mariah careys catalogue on spotify? Lol like we almost in march
      no. AIWFCIY is - unlike many people claim - a popular song for all seasons. It's among her 15 biggest songs on Spotify even during summer by daily streams, for comparisons sake... slightly bigger than Heartbreaker or almost as big as Shake It Off.

So this gif of how Mariah is stored away in a suitcase after the holiday season.. is factually wrong.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

no. AIWFCIY is - unlike many people claim - a popular song for all seasons. It's among her 15 biggest songs on Spotify even during summer by daily streams, for comparisons sake... slightly bigger than Heartbreaker or almost as big as Shake It Off.

So this gif of how Mariah is stored away in a suitcase after the holiday season.. is factually wrong.
        I am one of them! Who listen to xmas song all year round lol but I think last year wasnt number 1 at this time! I mean it is amazing tho ❤ but i thought people would listen always be my baby more now

Comment

• Queens of Hot100.

Mariah loves some RiRi.

Comment

• Comment

• AIW is more than just a Xmas song.
              People plays it through the whole year, me included, I mean it's a #mood

Comment

• AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Helllllllllllllllllll YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

the TRUE

J

U

S

T

I

C

E

4 GLITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billie is BORNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whos' it gonna be??

IS MC GONNA PLAY PATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????????????????????

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                https://soundcloud.com/musicdevas/the-wind-real
                https://soundcloud.com/musicdevas/were-you-ever-a-flame

Comment

• I hope if the mini series is true it’s gritty but with dark humour too. And it has huge backing. Her story is fascinating.

Comment

• Yeah I actually prefer a mini series over a movie because they’ll be able to tell a more in depth story instead of having to condense it to fit an hr and a half time frame.
                    I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      I think she's having some issues with Glitter, that's why she had to skip it. Hopefully she can work it out.
                      Or she's planning something bigger closer to the anniversary, but I'm leaning more for the first option.
                      There's no way she skipped it purposely because "she don't like it".
                      She only showed love for the album since the justice momevent and even changed her name to Billie on Twitter, she gave us new pics from that Era, and not to mention she also did a whole segment of tracks during the Caution Tour.
                      She's definitely gonna do something special for Glitter....i hope she'll add all those unreleased songs from that era..

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Queens of Hot100.

Mariah loves some RiRi.

And Riri loves some Mariah! Would be crazy a duet of them both? Lol

Comment

• Im so glad they're thinking about a mini-series for the visual adaptation of TMOMC rather than a film.

Besides, we already have a biographical Mariah movie and its Glitter. And after reading the book it looks even more biographical.

Comment

• A mini series (if done right) would be AMAZING
                            Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Definitely agree about a miniseries, especially if they’re able to capture the essence of the audiobook. The humor, musicality and dark atmosphere was done so well, I hope they can bring that to the small screen.

I do wonder, though, if she got it on Netflix that would be incredible exposure and would give her a huge bump in her music, I’d say. But Netflix biography series are really hit and miss sometimes (re: Selena) so I hope it’d be done well. If she’s looking for more critical acclaim vs exposure, she could probably do HBO or Apple TV. Either way I’m excited for it!
                              How bout you...

Comment

• Originally posted by LCRiah View Post
                                Definitely agree about a miniseries, especially if they’re able to capture the essence of the audiobook. The humor, musicality and dark atmosphere was done so well, I hope they can bring that to the small screen.

I do wonder, though, if she got it on Netflix that would be incredible exposure and would give her a huge bump in her music, I’d say. But Netflix biography series are really hit and miss sometimes (re: Selena) so I hope it’d be done well. If she’s looking for more critical acclaim vs exposure, she could probably do HBO or Apple TV. Either way I’m excited for it!
                                HBO is great for minisséries and Apple she already has an relationship with so it could work too. I just hope it’s not something very low budget

Comment

It's so funny. Every time she mentions someone (Sam Smith, Rihanna, Beyoncé...) fans go hoping for a duet.
                                  (I do the same. )
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

It's so funny. Every time she mentions someone (Sam Smith, Rihanna, Beyoncé...) fans go hoping for a duet.
                                    (I do the same. )
                                    yes, but apart from ... Whitney and Luther... she's never really done any collabos with A-listers. (well until Ari and JHud in 2020).

And see... OS did chart on the H100 (as an OLD Christmas song even).

A fresh new song with any of those mentioned could do wonders... a collabo with Sam in EU and Rihanna in the US would do wonders).

I still feel like the collabo game has gone out of control bc some ppl only do collabos these days and don't seem to care for their art or vision or even rely on features.

Older acts tend to also only collabo with older newer acts... ie Mariah & John Legend...

I think the world is ready for another super collabo like we are the world or That's what friends are for... maybe Corona related or sth... and Mariah should be a part of it.

Which brings me back to Live8 (2005) and how Mariah slayed her ad-lips on Hey Jude.

While Cher is mostly doing ABBA songs these days... I wonder what a Beatles tribute by Mariah (a cover or 2) could do for her. I mean Aretha, Tina, Dionne etc have covered countless of Beatles tunes.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                      Im so glad they're thinking about a mini-series for the visual adaptation of TMOMC rather than a film.

Besides, we already have a biographical Mariah movie and its Glitter. And after reading the book it looks even more biographical.
                                      her siblings will sue the hell out of Mariah... (and they could probably win bc Mariah can't prove anything that she wrote in her memoir).

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

her siblings will sue the hell out of Mariah... (and they could probably win bc Mariah can't prove anything that she wrote in her memoir).
                                        well if they sue for defamation, that will be impossible for them to win. The burden would be on them to prove that 1) what MC wrote was false; and 2) that she did it knowingly that it was false and with malicious intent.

Comment

• Paris Hilton totally ripped off You’re Mine video look

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                                            Yeah I actually prefer a mini series over a movie because they’ll be able to tell a more in depth story instead of having to condense it to fit an hr and a half time frame.
                                            Yep, I prefer a mini-series as well.
                                            Her story - at least what she told in the book - is too "rich" to be condensed in a movie.
                                            Separate chapters would work better IMO.

Comment

The tweet got like 43K likes! #queens

We know RiRi ADORES Mariah.

I'd love a duet in a vein of "Needed Me". She freaking did that with that song and should've been more successful.

ANTI was super underrated. It was my fave RiRi Era.

Comment

• Originally posted by LCRiah View Post
                                                Definitely agree about a miniseries, especially if they’re able to capture the essence of the audiobook. The humor, musicality and dark atmosphere was done so well, I hope they can bring that to the small screen.

I agree w/ everything.
                                                She's in good terms with Apple TV, but Netflix is way more popular WW tho.
                                                And I trust Lee, I know it will be good.

Expect an album in 2025 tho j/k j/k

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                  Paris Hilton totally ripped off You’re Mine video look
                                                  We love Paris!

LMAO @ this

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X