Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
    love Jojo so much. she's one of the sweetest celebs out there. and I love how she always praise Mariah

You can tell she is a real fan. Such amazing words for MC!

I hope we get to see the two of them together more.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
      love Jojo so much. she's one of the sweetest celebs out there. and I love how she always praise Mariah
      and her new EP is excellent
      funny how one can learn
      to grow numb to the madness
      and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

i agree. Her new EP (it's a full 9 track album in my opinion ) is great.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          With You gets such an unfair rep!
          It gave us one of her best videos ever. That’s the only positive thing about it.

Comment

• How has it been 3 years since With You?! Where is my life disappearing to!

JoJo is so classy, I like her.

Comment

With You gets such an unfair rep!
              And only because it was not a great single choice but the song is beautiful.
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

It gave us one of her best videos ever. That’s the only positive thing about it.
                “DJ on the beat h*e” ruined the whole song though argh.

Btw did they shoot the video in the Paparazzi mansion?

Comment

• When I first heard With You I wasn't the biggest fan, but it's probably ended up one of my most played Mariah songs.

I just wish she'd sang "but we still pull through" rather than "but we muddle through". Sounds so clunky in what is an otherwise AMAZING song

Comment

• “With You” is cute, it’s fine, nice melody, the vocal is really boring

”The Distance” >>>>

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

“DJ on the beat h*e” ruined the whole song though argh.

Btw did they shoot the video in the Paparazzi mansion?
                      I guess it was “Mustard on the beat”?

Comment

You can tell she is a real fan. Such amazing words for MC!

I hope we get to see the two of them together more.
                        Have always loved Jojo. Such a talented vocalist. Mariah is such an influence to her esp in terms of vocal styles and music.

Comment

• I hate WY and GTFO.

Well, hate is maybe too strong a word. But, I skip them all the time.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                            I hate WY and GTFO.

I’m a WY skipper also. I wish the chorus wasn’t just “with you” sung over and over, I think that’s what annoys me about it. I think it’s too Memoirs for Caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

I can’t stop listening to it. It’s one of the best of the year. It’s sad how underappreciated she is. You can really hear some MImi influence in some songs, and background and harmonies. I wish Mariah could invite her to the Xmas special or something, the girl deserves it

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

I guess it was “Mustard on the beat”?
                                Probably you are right haha my bad.

I love the instrumental of the song to death though. Never care much about the melody and vocals on it, especially that bit at the beginning that I hate.
                                Last edited by MayoAndMustard; Tue October 5, 2021, 00:06.

Comment

• “Mustard on the beat ho” is the best part

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                    I hate WY and GTFO.

How can anyone hate the iconic GTFO , you are not worthy of Mariah

Comment

• Fantasy back in the iTunes charts

Fantasy
                                      iTunes:
                                      #9 New Zealand
                                      #40 Australia
                                      #67 United Kingdom
                                      #83 Canada
                                      #177 United States
                                      #195 Austria

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I’m a WY skipper also. I wish the chorus wasn’t just “with you” sung over and over, I think that’s what annoys me about it. I think it’s too Memoirs for Caution.
                                        but the chorus is from “Oo shots of remy…”.. the “with you” over and over is the equivalent of the “no baby no baby don’t no baby no baby don’t forget about uuus”.. and acts as a link.
                                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• JoJo is so talented and deserves much more recognition and success. I love how she always praise Mariah and give her the flowers. A duet between her and Mariah could be so amazing, their vocals would blend perfectly together

Comment

• Random thought. I wish she would save the melody of One Child for a non-Xmas song. I could see the arrangement would translate really well into a big ballad.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                              Random thought. I wish she would save the melody of One Child for a non-Xmas song. I could see the arrangement would translate really well into a big ballad.
                                              It is a beautiful melody but there’s something almost holy about it lol. What Mariah has managed to do with that song, like with Jesus Born On This Day, is create a very credible and wonderful Christmas Carol that I’ve never known any other artist do well. One Child and JBOTD would sit very naturally in a choir set at a cathedral on Christmas Day alongside Silent Night and OLTOB etc. Magical.

I wish she would do a video for One Child. It’s far too neglected.
                                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I am always here for One Child supremacy talk. It is perhaps one of her best written Christmas tracks. There is something almost ethereal about how it is crafted. It would suit another Gospel song really well.

Comment

• I've always loved "With You". The melody is nostalgic and warm and really captures that feeling of love that she is expressing throughout the song. The song builds in the same way most romances do, with that initial overwhelming crush and the nervousness of a new love and relationship. The second verse then describing that longing and desire, the lust and yearning of being with the one you love to that final outro which is like an exclamation and acceptance that she is in love. I think the simplicity of the production allows the vocals and the melody to shine through. Those layers and the way she sings each chorus with different runs and inflections are wonderfully warm and lush.

I know a "beat ballad" is everyone's nightmare for a single and Caution deserved a single with more punch to kick off the era. But I think the success of WY on adult R&B radio is a testament to the song, something that most of her beat ballads post WBT have failed to achieve.

Comment

• GTFO should've never been released... too weak... too personal...
                                                    The most disastrous first single Mariah's ever released..
                                                    I feel so bad for Caution that should've been released instead...
                                                    I'm not gonna get sick and tired of hearing the song...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X