No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WY is beautiful. I really love the song. I feel it's very nostalgic, somber and intimate. The chords progression is brilliant: simple but effective. I know maybe it wasn"t 1st single material, but this song is far ahead of other of her beat ballads. It's authentic.
    And while the theme seems to be a love song, it's also a self-empowering one. It helped me a lot during the end of 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      I am always here for One Child supremacy talk. It is perhaps one of her best written Christmas tracks. There is something almost ethereal about how it is crafted. It would suit another Gospel song really well.
      the world needs to hear this orchestra rendition. The composition of the song is the best she's ever been involved with and also Marc Shaiman's best composition ever. It sounds classical.

The song deserves some serious promotion. Oh Santa - as a new and original Xmas song - was cute, but it is One Child that could and should become another global holiday classic.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        GTFO should've never been released... too weak... too personal...
        The most disastrous first single Mariah's ever released..
        I feel so bad for Caution that should've been released instead...
        I'm not gonna get sick and tired of hearing the song...
        What’s too personal about saying GTFO to someone? I feel like literally everyone at one point in their life can relate to that on some level.

Also we gotta stop getting mad at producer tags! I would’ve hoped Mariah x DJ Mustard could’ve done something better than a beat ballad but it is what it is.
        funny how one can learn
        to grow numb to the madness
        and block it away

Comment

• I love With you too... I know vocally it's not strong but I love the way she sing with so much expression..
          The deeper vocals.. and the melody and lyrics...
          Last edited by Anderson; Tue October 5, 2021, 10:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            I love With you too... I know vocally it's not strong but I love the way she sing with so much expression..
            The deeper vocals.. and the melody and lyrics...
            I agree with you on GTFO. When I first heard it, I couldn't make it through the song. It's so stale. This is not my type of music... I just find the the production of the song utter boring.

Then they released The Distance next, I believe and I was back and fully committed to the era or was it With You?

Anyway... they should not have churned out so many songs before the album release. (or given us a longer album).

I will never understand how Runway is still not available for streaming - at least not in my region.

Mariah is right to feel angry about the roll out of the era. Another one with was botched up.

I'm all for the old way of things and the old way still works too.

1st single with budget and video (on the same day as the general release)

waiting 6 weeks

2nd single with a huge promo push
            album release

waiting 6 weeks

3rd single

tour

end of era.
            My Chart

Comment

• As we can see WY very divisive! I’m with the people who say nice song but let’s not make it a single. There are flaws to it as a single song some areas of the lyrics and vocals. The melody and theme is nice though it’s obviously about Bryan.

GFTO also I would say is kinda half baked it should go further than it does. It could almost be like one of her Pepsi ringtones from back in the day - a minute - a minute 30 secs of that song would be quite enough for anyone.

Bit of a waste of a video when she was SO snatched after her surgery.

I will say the With You video is gorge tho. Really classy and beautifully done. Elevates the song as a good video should.

Comment

• I think if WY hadn't been her single, lambs would love it more. It is nostalgic and warm. I agree that the chord progression is beautiful, and the melody is gorgeous. It just wasn't strong enough for a first single (GTFO wasn't actually a single).

I listen to it all the time still.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

The song deserves some serious promotion. Oh Santa - as a new and original Xmas song - was cute, but it is One Child that could and should become another global holiday classic.
                  I don't think Christmas songs with a religious message are going to grow as much as love songs. A lot of people stay away from Christian songs during the holidays and only listen to the secular ones. And I think the strongest new holiday songs are the ones that connect with deeper emotion that isn't just about the holiday. Oh Santa, for example, doesn't have an emotional connection.

All I Want is so fun but the lyrics are actually emotional, almost desperate. It's a perfect combination. And, the melody is so simple and catchy, which really helps!

All the new Christmas singles coming out in the same vein. And again, it's amazing to see how Mariah has influenced a whole genre.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

I think if WY hadn't been her single, lambs would love it more. It is nostalgic and warm. I agree that the chord progression is beautiful, and the melody is gorgeous. It just wasn't strong enough for a first single (GTFO wasn't actually a single).

I listen to it all the time still.
                    I think they should have explored a double single. Put GTFO and With You together and release each to respective radio stations. A physical CD single with both songs could have been nice to promote sales as well.

The music videos could have been a continuation of each other too. Starting with With You and ending with GTFO.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• GTFO is very musical with the touching melody.
                      With You is simply amazing.
                      GTFO should have been the first single from Caution.
                      A No No or The Distance would be the second one.
                      I love music!

Comment

• For me GTFO is one of the best things Mariah has ever done. Better than any song on Rainbow, Charm bracelet or Glitter for sure.

And thank you again to whoever posted the acoustic a few days ago, I've had it on repeat

I'd rather have another album full of GTFO's than any other song in the charts right now..... And I think Mariah seems to feel the same.

Doing music she likes rather than chasing sales.

Anybody wanting a number #1 should really just not bother checking on this chat outside of the month of December tbh.

Comment

• I see a lot of video's on youtube of school and church chior's singing one child and jesus born on this day

Comment

• I enjoyed this analysis, cause it wasn't just about Mariah's voice but the composition as well.

It's Joyride btw... and he has a few other Mariah vids.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                              For me GTFO is one of the best things Mariah has ever done. Better than any song on Rainbow, Charm bracelet or Glitter for sure.
                              so you think GTFO is better than Heartbreaker? Girl

Comment

• WY issa skip.
                                But that chorus is one of the best things she's done recently!
                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post

so you think GTFO is better than Heartbreaker? Girl
                                  I think you can't compare those songs

Comment

For me GTFO is one of the best things Mariah has ever done. Better than any song on Rainbow, Charm bracelet or Glitter for sure.

And thank you again to whoever posted the acoustic a few days ago, I've had it on repeat

I'd rather have another album full of GTFO's than any other song in the charts right now..... And I think Mariah seems to feel the same.

Doing music she likes rather than chasing sales.

Anybody wanting a number #1 should really just not bother checking on this chat outside of the month of December tbh.
                                    I like GTFO but saying it’s better than any songs on Rainbow, Glitter and Charmy is a blasphemy!
                                    And not here for an album full of GTFO, she did that song, was fun, now let’s move on and explore new things.

Comment

• Adele will release her lead on the 15 of October. I’m glad it’s not too close to Christmas

Comment

• There’s no comparing Heartbreaker with GTFO. Heartbreaker is one of her best ever lead singles.. along with her other 90s lead singles.. she could release it now and it would be a second comeback. (If it wasn’t released in 99). Timeless.
                                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• GTFO is great. The sample choice is brilliant and everything in the song is fresh

Comment

????

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                              There’s no comparing Heartbreaker with GTFO. Heartbreaker is one of her best ever lead singles.. along with her other 90s lead singles.. she could release it now and it would be a second comeback. (If it wasn’t released in 99). Timeless.
                                              Agreed.

I love it now more than I did in 99.
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Wow Kaloki needs to buy new pair of ears.... seriously

Comment

• I think we all can agree to disagree about GTFO but for me it's a gorgeous song

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                                                    Adele will release her lead on the 15 of October. I’m glad it’s not too close to Christmas
                                                    She could release December and I don’t think she’d be a threat. She’s be silly to go up against AIWFC

Comment

Working...
                                                    X