Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jr588 View Post
    Ok so I just listened to Candy Bling and after dissecting the lyrics, I think most of the song is about Derek, especially after she revealed in the memoir that the “Hey DJ” part of the Honey Remix was actually eluding to his initials.
    But she dedicated the song to nick at the time because he gave her a candy bling to propose

    Comment


    • Pssst Derek seems like the subject of 3/4 of her songs since 1997

      I think she always goes back to those feelings for inspiration

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
        Looks like AIW will have some strong competition this coming season. Adele is gonna release a new single soon, and probably this will be the lead single of her new album. Wonder who else will release new materials this Xmas?
        Rihanna and Beyoncé were rumored to make a comeback but I’m don’t think they’re coming. Adele gonna block AIW because she’s releasing a song next week and then the album it’s coming in the end of November and prob a new single will go to the top too and all her other songs off the album will invade the charts because of huge streaming. I hope at least 1 week Mariah can snatch at Xmas week. And if it doesn’t at least already had multiple weeks at #1 already

        Comment


        • Adele and her ballad will have that top spot snatched for a month at least, we can pray for a miracle

          Comment


          • I have a bad feeling that AIWFCIY is gonna fail to go #1 this year...

            1st competitor : Adele
            2nd competitor : Not sure but probably the greateast threat to AIWFCIY if it happens
            3rd competitor : Brenda
            Mariah Carey x BTS
            #20th No.1

            Comment


            • I wonder was there someone in 97 that told Mariah she needs to lip sync to sound good, like how someone told her she has a “bad side”
              Me. I am Itsawrap.

              Comment



              • how amazing is this performance, I wish she recorded the song for one of her albums

                Comment


                • Definitely should have been on the deluxe edition of teom.
                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

                  Comment


                  • The Grammys:



                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                    Comment


                    • I still find it mind boggling that Daydream and Butterfly don’t have Grammys

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                        I still find it mind boggling that Daydream and Butterfly don’t have Grammys


                        Disgraceful to think her only acceptance speech on the Grammys stage is from 1991. You could tell they lacked footage.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bm08 View Post



                          Disgraceful to think her only acceptance speech on the Grammys stage is from 1991. You could tell they lacked footage.
                          Never thought of it like that. Literally the most Grammy cheated artist of all time. Unbelievable.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                          Comment


                          • More pleasant than I thought it would be...! (WYB cover)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                              It seems like this was the last vocally impressive live performance (live on TV, not pre-recorded) we have from Mariah (impressive as in the general public’s perception and expectation, not the lamb’s typical reaction yay she hits a C5 for two seconds). Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I can’t think of any other live performances that’s on par with this since then.

                              That X-Factor visuals and energy were her best in years. I think most of her IWTKWLI performance (if not all) were generally impressive tbh but vocally, her The View performance was a cut above the rest. She sounds so smooth even on the belts.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                Like f*ck, this performance slays me to this day, one of her hottest looks of all time, confident as ever, the harmonizing, the way she outsings the album vocals, the backdrop visuals, a 10



                                Imagine if it were the AMAs performance and included in iHeart

                                I really wish someone would make the song a TikTok moment, it’s the one that got away
                                Hate to plug my own Vid but she sounded even more amazing singing this on tour, I wish it was included in the caution tour setlist. This is really the hit that got away
                                Last edited by therooftop; Wed October 6, 2021, 12:01.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by therooftop View Post

                                  Hate to plug my own Vid but she sounded even more amazing singing this on tour, I wish it was included in the caution tour setlist. This is really the hit that got away
                                  I honestly wish for certain songs like The Distance, Mariah would lose the long sparkly gowns and wear something casual that allows for her to walk the stage a little bit. She used to do it all the time.. the long sparkly gowns and the stationary position is fine for big ballads as I feel they restrict her movement, but it’s boring to watch for people who aren’t fans if she’s like that for a lot of the show. It would be much more appealing for non fans to go see her if she commanded the stage a little bit more like we know she can. A mid or up tempo standing still is quite awkward.

                                  Sorry for the rant.. just a pet peeve of recent times lol.
                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                  Comment


                                  • Bring back those jeans-riah

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

                                      I honestly wish for certain songs like The Distance, Mariah would lose the long sparkly gowns and wear something casual that allows for her to walk the stage a little bit. She used to do it all the time.. the long sparkly gowns and the stationary position is fine for big ballads as I feel they restrict her movement, but it’s boring to watch for people who aren’t fans if she’s like that for a lot of the show. It would be much more appealing for non fans to go see her if she commanded the stage a little bit more like we know she can. A mid or up tempo standing still is quite awkward.

                                      Sorry for the rant.. just a pet peeve of recent times lol.

                                      I thought she did quite well on the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                      Comment




                                      • So cold is criminally underrated.. That intro is probably the most impressive one Mariah's ever recorded.

                                        #goosebumps
                                        Mariah Carey x BTS
                                        #20th No.1

                                        Comment


                                        • AIWFCIY has already gone #1 many times. We can lose it to Adele for a change. We Mariah fans should be happy there is still one big vocalist left that is doing deservedly well in the charts.

                                          Comment


                                          • I am so hoping for something from Caution to go viral on TikTok, like Katy's flopped single from 2019 has now. There's so many gems that Gen Z would love if they knew about. GTFO, The Distance, Caution, One More Gen, you name it.

                                            Comment


                                            • I've seen Mariah live 5 times since 2016. In each show she was constantly moving across the stage during the majority of the shows with a few tracks where she remained stationary at the mic stand. It's not like she just rolls out, stands at a mic stand for 1.5 hours and rolls off after.

                                              I don't disagree with the criticism of her singing mid/uptempos in ballgowns if that's something that someone doesn't like. But on the two non Christmas and non Vegas shows I've been to since 2015 (i.e. The Sweet Sweet Fanasty tour and the Caution tour) Mariah wasn't wearing ballgowns for the entire show.
                                              Last edited by Eamon; Wed October 6, 2021, 13:18.

                                              Comment


                                              • I hereby demand concert dvd or streaming releases of all these tours or specials:

                                                The Rainbow Tour (2000)
                                                The Charmbracelet Tour - which is her biggest tour yet (2003-04)
                                                Live at The Pearl (2009)
                                                Angels Advocate Tour (2009-10)
                                                Australian Tour (2013)
                                                Elusive Chanteuse Tour (2014)
                                                #1 to Infinity Residency (2015-2017)
                                                Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour (2016)
                                                Live in Asia Tour (2017)
                                                All The Hits Tour (2017)
                                                Xmas at the Beacon (2014-2018)
                                                Xmas in Las Vegas (2019)
                                                Xmas Around the World (2018-19)
                                                The Caution Tour (2019)
                                                The Butterfly Returns Residency (2019-20)

                                                Mariah must be the only touring staple in the past 10 years who has not given her fans even the slightest shred of live concert home video experiences. I hate her for that.

                                                I know that the Live at the Pearl concert in actually on youtube... but still... the quality is not the best - it is OK though. But why do you think it is that Mariah is so reluctant to release official concert footage?

                                                Just recently she took down those Xmas videos from St John the Divine which were uploaded last years. Is she really that insecure that the slightest crack in her voice or a hair strain that is out of order might affect our passion and love for her live performances?

                                                It's so odd. She consistently pulls ish like that.

                                                To this very day... if she would say that I'd have to choose between SUD and the CB DVD... I would actually pick the CB DVD. Her voice of out of this world and she even put on a fun show (I was there, live in 2003). It's such a missed opportunity for her.

                                                Like take Caution... yes, the album did not do much... but a cool re-release with the album + music videos + caution tour on DVD package would have certainly added some extra cash to her balance.

                                                Or those 1 billion xmas concerts from Beacon to Las Vegas to Europe... even her apple tv special is not at all available. (at least not in my country, I have to admit, that I've never seen it... only parts of it).

                                                I wish I'd be her manager or sth. There would be a DVD + CD album re-release with every era now.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                                                  AIWFCIY has already gone #1 many times. We can lose it to Adele for a change. We Mariah fans should be happy there is still one big vocalist left that is doing deservedly well in the charts.
                                                  a #1 in 2019, 2020 and 2021.

                                                  I really want it to be a #1 in 2022 as well.

                                                  Remember, like in the 1990s, when she had a #1 single in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and to round it all up... in 2000.

                                                  let's make it 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029 and 2030.
                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                    I know that the Live at the Pearl concert in actually on youtube... but still... the quality is not the best - it is OK though. But why do you think it is that Mariah is so reluctant to release official concert footage?

                                                    Just recently she took down those Xmas videos from St John the Divine which were uploaded last years. Is she really that insecure that the slightest crack in her voice or a hair strain that is out of order might affect our passion and love for her live performances?

                                                    It's so odd. She consistently pulls ish like that.

                                                    .
                                                    Stevyy, you've been a fan for years. You know damn well that Mariah is not sitting at home picking and choosing what is uploaded and what is removed from Youtube. That is a label decision.

                                                    Same with what concert footage is going to be released. Those are business decisions down to what is going to be commercially viable to release. Not Mariah denying her fans because her hair wasn't right.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X