Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
    AIWFCIY has already gone #1 many times. We can lose it to Adele for a change. We Mariah fans should be happy there is still one big vocalist left that is doing deservedly well in the charts.
    I disagree. Why lose an opportunity for #1?

I agree with stevyy, run up the numbers while we can. We never know when Billboard will change its rules.

An argument could be made that their merchandise rules cost Oh Santa remix a higher debut.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I knew people would jump to the defence but I still think she stands still a lot when singing songs that would be better with more movement. Not always but a lot of the time. Her costume designers should be considering this more but I guess when you’re Mariah Carey you can wear what you like, restricting or not lol.
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
        I knew people would jump to the defence but I still think she stands still a lot when singing songs that would be better with more movement. Not always but a lot of the time. Her costume designers should be considering this more but I guess when you’re Mariah Carey you can wear what you like, restricting or not lol.
        Well she deserves defending when the criticism is not fair. Take the Caution tour for example:

1. A No No. 2 Dreamlover 3. YDKWTD/Emotions 4. Anytime You Need a Friend. - She was wearing a knee length dress for this section and only song where she didn't move around much was AYNAF.

5. Can't Take That Away Remix/Fantasy 6. ABMB 7. Caution 8. GTFO - Changed to a long dress that lit up. Only song she didn't work the stage with was GTFO as she was on a platfom with the mic stand.

9. My All 10. Love Takes Time 11. Glitter Medley - Changed to another long dress. Didn't move for the ballads but was moving all over the stage during the Glitter uptempos.

12. Heartbreaker 13. TMB 14. WBT - Changed to a leotard with a jacket and moved the stage except for WBT.

15. Hero . 16. Without You - Added a dress to the leotard and sang a mic stand.

She was moving the stage for all songs that required movement and energy and she was stationary for the ballads. She wasn't in ballgowns for the full show.

Comment

• Caution (the song) needs to go viral like NOW. where's the popular influencers on tik tok when you need them

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

Well she deserves defending when the criticism is not fair. Take the Caution tour for example:

1. A No No. 2 Dreamlover 3. YDKWTD/Emotions 4. Anytime You Need a Friend. - She was wearing a knee length dress for this section and only song where she didn't move around much was AYNAF.

5. Can't Take That Away Remix/Fantasy 6. ABMB 7. Caution 8. GTFO - Changed to a long dress that lit up. Only song she didn't work the stage with was GTFO as she was on a platfom with the mic stand.

9. My All 10. Love Takes Time 11. Glitter Medley - Changed to another long dress. Didn't move for the ballads but was moving all over the stage during the Glitter uptempos.

12. Heartbreaker 13. TMB 14. WBT - Changed to a leotard with a jacket and moved the stage except for WBT.

15. Hero . 16. Without You - Added a dress to the leotard and sang a mic stand.

She was moving the stage for all songs that required movement and energy and she was stationary for the ballads. She wasn't in ballgowns for the full show.
            I’m not saying it’s all the time but i don’t know how you can deny that there have been a large number of performances where she stands frozen on stage singing. Even during ballads she used to move more. She’s generally more relaxed on tour yes but those gowns which again you can’t deny she wear 60-70% of the time, restrict her movement. That’s all I’m saying. I said when she’s dressed more casually (or isn’t restricted), it doesn’t apply.

Might have to agree to disagree I guess, which I expected.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't be mad if Mariah hopped on someone else's song for a remix and got her quick 20th #1. It doesn't have to be cheap. The way Beyonce did Savage was very clever, it basically felt like a completely new song. Mariah could easily do something like that with an emerging rap song as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                I still find it mind boggling that Daydream and Butterfly don’t have Grammys
                Butterfly didn’t get even a nomination. It deserves at least at the R&B categories

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Butterfly didn’t get even a nomination. It deserves at least at the R&B categories
                  Yes that’s worse than no wins for Daydream.

Comment

• I don’t really care for the ball gowns debate

It always ends in a discussion about whether she needs choreography or whatever, which hasn’t been popular since 2003

Her best performances usually just have a loving audience and like zero forethought into movement or staging

VOL on Blueprint and Make It Happen Live 8 are
                    two of her most exciting performances, one is just her in front of a mic and the other only required a big ass stage for her to pace

Comment

• I still live for the fact that the best performance of WBT in terms of live vocals and energy features a screen saver of stars, broken ear monitors, and humid air full of weed

Like wtf at her serving ‘93 & 98 rich deep tone like it’s nothing, if she sang the studio version of WBT like this it would have blocked DFAU from No 1 too

Comment

• She leaving the stage

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                          I still live for the fact that the best performance of WBT in terms of live vocals and energy features a screen saver of stars, broken ear monitors, and humid air full of weed

Like wtf at her serving ‘93 & 98 rich deep tone like it’s nothing, if she sang the studio version of WBT like this it would have blocked DFAU from No 1 too

And she served the best melody changes ever

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                            She leaving the stage
                            why did she do that? OMG.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                              I don’t really care for the ball gowns debate

It always ends in a discussion about whether she needs choreography or whatever, which hasn’t been popular since 2003

Her best performances usually just have a loving audience and like zero forethought into movement or staging

VOL on Blueprint and Make It Happen Live 8 are
                              two of her most exciting performances, one is just her in front of a mic and the other only required a big ass stage for her to pace
                              honestly, I don't care one bit for dancing. Zero. The only person ever who got me excited when he danced was MJ... nobody else ever since really adds anything to a performance by dancing. IMO.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

why did she do that? OMG.
                                She didn’t want to pretend to lipsync the final part

Comment

She didn’t want to pretend to lipsync the final part
                                  inventive. Maybe she should just play the albums on her concerts. Might be cheaper than to hire a full ass band.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Yes that’s worse than no wins for Daydream.
                                    I will never get this omission either. She was still a major global megastar at the time... and her music was still selling like hot cakes. Butterfly was a #1 album in the US and sold well over 3 million units according to soundscan. The album is just timeless and beautiful. It should have been nominated for those sidebar Scammys.

Butterfly (song) should have won best female pop vocal performance. That's crime against humanity.
                                    My Chart

Comment

inventive. Maybe she should just play the albums on her concerts. Might be cheaper than to hire a full ass band.
                                      Hhmmm I think a lot of the actual music at her concerts is coming from tracks anyway no ? And the band play a bit over it here and there ?
                                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Hhmmm I think a lot of the actual music at her concerts is coming from tracks anyway no ? And the band play a bit over it here and there ?
                                        I've been to 3 MC concerts in my life and I can confirm that the band is playing 75% of the music live.
                                        My Chart

Comment

I've been to 3 MC concerts in my life and I can confirm that the band is playing 75% of the music live.
                                          So 25 percent from tracks. Fair enough. I will take your word for it as I have not seen her live.
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Mariah could seriously release a deluxe or new and approved version of caution today!

Rearrange the tracklisting, I don’t care for drake, but a ft on gtfo , a solo version of the distance, a real remix of a no no + 3-4 new songs that aren’t anything like save the day.
                                            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

So 25 percent from tracks. Fair enough. I will take your word for it as I have not seen her live.
                                              why not? Concerts are FUN and exciting. Katy has seen Mariah like.. a dozen times already. <3
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                                Mariah could seriously release a deluxe or new and approved version of caution today!

Rearrange the tracklisting, I don’t care for drake, but a ft on gtfo , a solo version of the distance, a real remix of a no no + 3-4 new songs that aren’t anything like save the day.
                                                + a dvd of the caution tour.

I would be so here for it. She could even release those new xmas tunes that she has recorded as the new bonus tracks. <3

My Chart

Comment

lol
                                                  Is this for real? I thought Xtina and Mariah didn't really like each other? And it's not even Mariah's anniversary soon.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Is this for real? I thought Xtina and Mariah didn't really like each other? And it's not even Mariah's anniversary soon.
                                                    Xtina pre-recorded like 500 names... and internet trolls made her do the name Mariah. They also made her sing "Britney", "Miley" and other celebrities. It's really weird and mental on her part in order to make herself so vulnerable to internet trolls.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X