Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

    Is this for real? I thought Xtina and Mariah didn't really like each other? And it's not even Mariah's anniversary soon.
    I think it's a generic Mariah... not our girl

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

      Is this for real? I thought Xtina and Mariah didn't really like each other? And it's not even Mariah's anniversary soon.
      I think it’s some sort of personalised birthday card experience that she got paid to do so.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

        why not? Concerts are FUN and exciting. Katy has seen Mariah like.. a dozen times already. <3
        I have not really attended many live concerts tbh, I did see Gloria Estefan live in Spain . She was fantastic. I was actually in Paris for the date of the Caution tour but did not attend the concert.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
          Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't be mad if Mariah hopped on someone else's song for a remix and got her quick 20th #1. It doesn't have to be cheap. The way Beyonce did Savage was very clever, it basically felt like a completely new song. Mariah could easily do something like that with an emerging rap song as well.

          Its not an unpopular opinion cos someone says this every month here.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

            Its not an unpopular opinion cos someone says this every month here.
            quick lil singles.
            quick lil feats.
            quick lil #1's.

            we wanna, we needa, we gonna ..
            My Chart

            Comment


            • Realistically, I don’t see Adele staying at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for more than 6-8 weeks… leaving at least 2 weeks for Mariah’s AIWFCIY to reign again at peak Xmas.

              Adele’s last lead single “Hello” did go #1 for 10 weeks but did not exist during a streaming era and was powered heavily by digital download sales, which in general have substantially decreased due to streaming.

              IDK about other challengers, but I think Mariah’s song will rise to the occasion! Would be nice to see it hit #1 even earlier this year, but I won’t get my hopes up.

              Not sure if her new Xmas collab with Khalid can do any better than “Oh Santa” but I hope it does! It would also be nice to see “Oh Santa” pop back up on the chart due to Xmas airplay this year.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                I think it's a generic Mariah... not our girl
                This was a collaboration between American greetings and Roc Nation. She also has a “Happy birthday Jay-Z”, I do not think there are many jay-zs out there
                Xtina probably felt weird filming the Mariah one

                Comment


                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                  Xtina pre-recorded like 500 names... and internet trolls made her do the name Mariah. They also made her sing "Britney", "Miley" and other celebrities. It's really weird and mental on her part in order to make herself so vulnerable to internet trolls.
                  No one made her sing to Britney Spears or Miley or Mariah Carey. She made thousand of names so every person can use to congratulate a friend or whatever. So there’s option of Mariah (not Mariah Carey), Maria, and other names of any you can imagine. People are just sharing cause it’s funny cause its like for Mariah Carey out of context

                  Comment


                  • Hip hop remixes were a part of her brand. She should definitely hop on more even if it’s self funded.

                    Comment


                    • And I miss her hand movements

                      Comment


                      • Madonna fans are so lucky, even after 40 years into her career she still delivering to her fans an concert film and an live album on streaming from a 3 years old album. Mariah forgot caution existed as soon as she dropped it and we’re still waiting for footage from 1999, 2003 old concerts that we might never see

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                          Madonna fans are so lucky, even after 40 years into her career she still delivering to her fans an concert film and an live album on streaming from a 3 years old album. Mariah forgot caution existed as soon as she dropped it and we’re still waiting for footage from 1999, 2003 old concerts that we might never see
                          Not only Madonna. Kylie released Disco and then a Deluxe version and did a couple of remixes on the side and a filmed “live” performance for streaming and now she is releasing a “Disco Guest List” version with new songs and feat and the concert in DVD. Come on Mariah! Take notes. Caution deserved all that!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Xmas View Post

                            Not only Madonna. Kylie released Disco and then a Deluxe version and did a couple of remixes on the side and a filmed “live” performance for streaming and now she is releasing a “Disco Guest List” version with new songs and feat and the concert in DVD. Come on Mariah! Take notes. Caution deserved all that!
                            we all know that Mariah hates Caution. We won't get anything and we will probably have to wait another 25 years for her to ever perform one of those songs ever again. (hint: she won't).

                            Mariah will release another album for sure... and that era will end of the day of its release as well.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                              we all know that Mariah hates Caution. We won't get anything and we will probably have to wait another 25 years for her to ever perform one of those songs ever again. (hint: she won't).

                              Mariah will release another album for sure... and that era will end of the day of its release as well.
                              I miss charmbracelet era where it underperformed but she promoted the hell out of it, even glitter she performed several songs live and went everywhere to promote it. she didnt give up so quickly. now it seems she just don't care and just throw the album out there and forget it exists. caution deserved so much more.
                              and we can't say it's just caution cause elusive chanteuse she didnt care either

                              Comment


                              • It's sad she doesn't like Caution. She probably thinks her vocals on MIAM are more impressive but it's the exact opposite really. I love that she wasn't overdoing anything on any of the tracks. The raw vocal on Portrait is so beautiful, thank God she didn't have the vocals to make it "bigger" and mess it up with unnecessary runs.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                  I miss charmbracelet era where it underperformed but she promoted the hell out of it, even glitter she performed several songs live and went everywhere to promote it. she didnt give up so quickly. now it seems she just don't care and just throw the album out there and forget it exists. caution deserved so much more.
                                  and we can't say it's just caution cause elusive chanteuse she didnt care either
                                  I wouldn't blame her entirely for what might be perceived as a lack of effort, the machine around her was much bigger with Charmy and Glitter. The labels were really behind those trying to recoup on substantial investments. She is viewed by the labels as a legacy act now (even though she probably doesn't view herself that way), they put almost no effort in because they don't believe they can get any return. The whole point now is just to create an excuse for another tour and to keep the wheels spinning in that way.


                                  Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                                  It's sad she doesn't like Caution. She probably thinks her vocals on MIAM are more impressive but it's the exact opposite really. I love that she wasn't overdoing anything on any of the tracks. The raw vocal on Portrait is so beautiful, thank God she didn't have the vocals to make it "bigger" and mess it up with unnecessary runs.
                                  I thought Caution was her best album since eMC2, it's too bad that she doesn't like it.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                    I miss charmbracelet era where it underperformed but she promoted the hell out of it, even glitter she performed several songs live and went everywhere to promote it. she didnt give up so quickly. now it seems she just don't care and just throw the album out there and forget it exists. caution deserved so much more.
                                    and we can't say it's just caution cause elusive chanteuse she didnt care either
                                    I was yelled down by UKMIX lambs the other week when I said exactly that.

                                    Mariah is not at all interested in her music anymore... I mean she loves making it... but she wants NOTHING to do with promotion or spreading the word about it.

                                    MIAM and Caution have both confirmed this attitude. It's evident and clear.

                                    I mean she didn't even go to continental Europe since 2008 (UK since 2009) in order to just talk about her new albums.

                                    In 2010 she was preggers and didn't have time
                                    In 2014 she went thru that divorce and was drugged up by Stella and forgot what day it was
                                    In 2018 she thought that her 3 xmas concerts would make the EU masses buy her album.
                                    In 2019 during the Caution tour she performed like 3 songs off the album. lol and it was evident that nobody in the audience had ever heard of them before nor were they aware of the album. In Germany they came for Hero and Without You. lolČ
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

                                        I wouldn't blame her entirely for what might be perceived as a lack of effort, the machine around her was much bigger with Charmy and Glitter. The labels were really behind those trying to recoup on substantial investments. She is viewed by the labels as a legacy act now (even though she probably doesn't view herself that way), they put almost no effort in because they don't believe they can get any return. The whole point now is just to create an excuse for another tour and to keep the wheels spinning in that way.
                                        I don't believe that this is true.

                                        So many even less successful acts release exciting fan packages and album re-issues. Alanis Morissette's latest album also got an actual remix album re-release and that one also did not set the charts on fire.

                                        Since nobody is buying albums in retail stores anymore... the labels can order like a few hundred copies and distribute them via her website and or online chains like amazon...

                                        But in order for anything to even remotely work in her favor, she has to be interested in at least talking about her music. And that she is not.


                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

                                          I wouldn't blame her entirely for what might be perceived as a lack of effort, the machine around her was much bigger with Charmy and Glitter. The labels were really behind those trying to recoup on substantial investments. She is viewed by the labels as a legacy act now (even though she probably doesn't view herself that way), they put almost no effort in because they don't believe they can get any return. The whole point now is just to create an excuse for another tour and to keep the wheels spinning in that way.




                                          I thought Caution was her best album since eMC2, it's too bad that she doesn't like it.
                                          but if it’s the label fault she’s not going everywhere to promote it then do it by herself. She did it to promote rainbow overseas. There’s several ways to promote your own work and we now live in a digital world where she can find creative ways to promote her music and reach around the world. It just feels like she doesn’t believe in her own art. I mean Madonna who’s older than her performed in the same award show 3 years ago and paid from her own pocket 1 million to deliver her perform (because of special effects and all). I’m not saying Mariah should spend 1 million to do a performance, what I mean is she if believes in her music she should do what she can and invest from her own pocket if needed

                                          Comment


                                          • Yes, I miss the features and remixes, hip-hop and dance

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                              Yes, I miss the features and remixes, hip-hop and dance
                                              It's what I miss from Caution era, besides more promo. It's weird because GTFO, with you, Caution or the distance could have some dance- hip/hop resung remixes

                                              Comment


                                              • I’m pretty sure she worked on some remixes too. DJ Suss One said as much.
                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                Comment


                                                • I miss also the days of real remixes! I agree she doesn’t need to have tons of budget to do cool videos, performances here and there and go outside of the US. She could even start a tour as soon as a new album is released and benefit from being on tour to give interviews and performances in the countries she visits. Also to release deluxe editions with more songs would be great and lambs would jump on these. I guess she’s just not as interested as before and I get that after so long, it’s just a bummer for most of us

                                                  Comment


                                                  • If she put as much effort into her studio album promo as she does into Christmas, I don’t think we’d be having this discussion
                                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X