X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

We love Paris!

LMAO @ this

the day Mariah stepped out looking like Paris and Nicole’s baby sister. #BenjaminButton

Comment

• Looking back and celebrating the Music Box era

Join in at the Mariah Carey Discography Rate and get your votes in
      https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...s-left-to-vote
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Great news for MC!

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• RiRi, Bey and Meemz. It's time Riri and Bey collaborated with their idol. Their voices and styles would work well together.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            Great news for MC!
            Nice!
            She got some serious competition tho.
            And all well deserved.
            Hope she gets it!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
              RiRi, Bey and Meemz. It's time Riri and Bey collaborated with their idol. Their voices and styles would work well together.
              I know Bey is a vocal technician and way more skilled than RiRi, but I much prefer Rihanna, I like her style better and her overall persona and I think she could surprise us with Mimi on a track #wishfulthinking, but stranger things have happened in MariahLand so... let's dream!

Comment

• They're so powerful.

Comment

The tweet got like 43K likes! #queens

We know RiRi ADORES Mariah.

I'd love a duet in a vein of "Needed Me". She freaking did that with that song and should've been more successful.

ANTI was super underrated. It was my fave RiRi Era.
                  I’ve always thought Mimi and Riri’s tones would work so well together, it would have to be a mostly mid-range bop though , no shade to Riri, her midrange was her money maker, she’s also fantastic at emotional delivery, something Kuk Harrell helped her hone

I loved ANTI, a brilliant album

MC and Beyoncé too, though their tones are so different, would sound amazing in harmony, Bey has a Tots type voice

If Mariah were to collab with another big artist, it’s Rihanna, Beyoncé, Drake, Megan The Stallion, and The Weeknd on top of my list

Nile Rogers would be fun too for a DiscoRiah moment
                  Last edited by allygdale; Mon February 22, 2021, 00:13.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      I’ve always thought Mimi and Riri’s tones would work so well together, it would have to be a mostly mid-range bop though , no shade to Riri, her midrange was her money maker, she’s also fantastic at emotional delivery
                      I think their tones would blend very well together.
                      Rihanna has improved a lot (tho like 5 years without singing on a constant basis... I wonder how she sounds now).
                      This b!tch better give me an album this year since Mimi won't.

Comment

Rihanna has improved a lot (tho like 5 years without singing on a constant basis... I wonder how she sounds now).
                        It is more likely for Mariah to croak out an album than it is for Rihanna. Rihanna has resigned / retired her music career.
                        My Chart

Comment

• My Asian lamb friends have been disappointed Mariah has not spoken out against violence against Asians and Asian Americans. Some of her most devoted fans are Asian and she is even dating an Asian. Does she stand with them or not?

Comment

• of course she DOES!!! hopefully, she'll see this soon

post your links!!

Originally posted by jeejust View Post
                            My Asian lamb friends have been disappointed Mariah has not spoken out against violence against Asians and Asian Americans. Some of her most devoted fans are Asian and she is even dating an Asian. Does she stand with them or not?
                            https://youtu.be/iC0uMBT4fwg
                            https://youtu.be/OvnPqp_RPu4

Comment

• THIS!!!!!
                              after revisiting, on her B day, BBHMM, an "experience" ......once a year, video wise, ...... reflecting on life for some in the F'd up "civil" whack court system, yes....

mORE Female EMPOWERMENT SONGS; Visuals PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I know Bey is a vocal technician and way more skilled than RiRi, but I much prefer Rihanna, I like her style better and her overall persona and I think she could surprise us with Mimi on a track #wishfulthinking, but stranger things have happened in MariahLand so... let's dream!
                              https://youtu.be/iC0uMBT4fwg
                              https://youtu.be/OvnPqp_RPu4

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

her siblings will sue the hell out of Mariah... (and they could probably win bc Mariah can't prove anything that she wrote in her memoir).
                                In the U.S., the burden of proof is on the plaintiff, so if they did sue her (well, Allison actually is right now), they couldn’t prove that she was lying and intended to harm their reputations or well-being with her memoir.

Comment

• MIMI loves RIRI
                                  RIRI loves MIMI

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                    MIMI loves RIRI
                                    RIRI loves MIMI
                                    I bet she never thought, as she sang Hero for that talent contest, that Mariah Carey would be wishing her a happy birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy
                                      And FYI,.
                                      Originally posted by banksy
                                      I said what I said, and meant it. Argue with ya mama.
                                      An infraction is issued for this. It's not necessary to denigrate an entire group of people in this forum. Doubling down in a second post doesn't make it any more ok. If you have issues with the infraction, feel free to message me.

Comment

Haha we keep staning the same people! I have been obsessed with Rihanna since pon de replay! Im not an anti fan tho i think as well their voices might blend together and they can be really hot in a MV

Comment

• I really hope we see the demo tape, or demos of songs off the first album, and unreleased tracks like Hypnotized. I’m so grateful there are so many rare vids uploaded on YouTube, and after listening to a lot of interviews throughout her career, she’s actually mentioned Hypnotized several times.

I’m fascinated by the demo because of how extraordinarily talented and focused 17 and 18-year old Mariah was, and she describes the experience of landing a record deal so exhilaratingly well. I have to imagine that they have the demo tapes in vaults if they had Here We Go Around Again, and ultimate holy grail is hearing the infamous Vision of Love demo.

That first album was an incredible creation, I have a few issues with it. First, not enough people realize that 80% of the tracks were already completed by Ben and Mariah in that wood shack. I get Mariah when she said the sparseness of their production was much more raw and authentic to young Mariah, and then Narada Michael Walden, Rhett Lawrence and the rest of the Sony crew came in and gave it the slick studio magic. I’m not complaining, because the album set off her meteoric rise, but I would imagine that Mariah feels conflicted about the heavy exec input diluting and whitewashing her organic, urban-soul raw demos.

And when hip-hop songs like Hypnotized are rejected in favor of a song like You Need Me (no shade, but that is the most un-Mariah song ever), you can see the sleuth ways Tommy and co. went in trying to keep the urban to a minimum through those first few years of her career. Even the story of Sony pulling Can’t Let Go from the shelves is a story Mariah has told several times, where the record company wanted to encourage more album sales, stalling Can’t Let Go at #2... Mariah says the label thought she was getting too full of herself, and when an R&B soul record like Can’t Let Go is poised to become a new classic, support is pulled in favor of keeping Mariah in her place.

I may not be explaining myself well, but I think a special release of her demo tape really brings justice to teen-Mariah, a girl who in spite of her talent and belief in herself, still found herself to be manipulated by men to their gain at every turn. Time to give her the respect she always deserved by letting her records being heard in their most authentic form and through a black woman’s paradigm, not a corporate white-male power play manipulation paradigm.
                                          Last edited by MsWeiss; Mon February 22, 2021, 13:12.

Comment

• I’m still revelling at out here on my own. Such a beautiful vocal delivery; tone, clarity are all there. I also like the one-take feel. It feels like such an honest feeling.
                                            Anyway, I’m still head over heals with the rarities, there’s so much to choose from, from the unheard tracks to the Tokyo performances
                                            ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• Big OHOMO fan here, as well. Still nowhere near having had enough of it.
                                              I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                It is more likely for Mariah to croak out an album than it is for Rihanna. Rihanna has resigned / retired her music career.
                                                Nahhh. R9 is coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Haha we keep staning the same people! I have been obsessed with Rihanna since pon de replay! Im not an anti fan tho i think as well their voices might blend together and they can be really hot in a MV
                                                  haha, we have the same #taste

Rihanna is actually my 2nd favorite artist/celebrity EVER (not vocalist of course), but she has has improved A LOT and her songs are AMAZING, she has actually a great catalogue. We Found Love, Stay, Diamonds... brilliant tracks - just to name a few.

ANTI was - IMO - a peak in terms of artistry, especially during live performances. Love On The Brain >>>

But yeah, their voices would work so well together

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                                    I may not be explaining myself well, but I think a special release of her demo tape really brings justice to teen-Mariah, a girl who in spite of her talent and belief in herself, still found herself to be manipulated by men to their gain at every turn. Time to give her the respect she always deserved by letting her records being heard in their most authentic form and through a black woman’s paradigm, not a corporate white-male power play manipulation paradigm.
                                                    You're explaining yourself perfectly and I 100% agree.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X