Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Remember when she recorded the soundtrack for the big budget Disney movie OZ? Almost Home wasn't even almost featured in the end-credits...

they foiled us and her. AH deserved to be a decent smash in EU.
    “Almost Home” was featured in the End Credits of the movie.
    https://youtu.be/58a9K80FImw

Comment

• Originally posted by roguetrippn View Post

So weird this wasnt used more.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
        Wasn't Hero recorded for a movie? I wonder why it didn't push through..
        Gloria should have kept that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by roguetrippn View Post

yes, but barely.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            Gloria should have kept that one.
            This is so mean.

Also, Hero has amassed like 4 million sps units globally... one of her biggest songs. Imagine her not having THAT to her credit.
            My Chart

Comment

This is so mean.

Also, Hero has amassed like 4 million sps units globally... one of her biggest songs. Imagine her not having THAT to her credit.
              Whether anyone likes Hero or not, it’s one of her signature songs and the GP love it. Every legend needs those songs.
              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Obsessed is her new GP favorite. Kareo sounds like your typical 90s schmaltz fest, completely hollow and unrepresentative of what Kween is all about. Like it or not (and I know certain people have strong opinions about it ) but Obsessed is unfiltered and totally 100% Kween.

Comment

• I think Lil Nas X can be crossed off the potential "male artist" list. No way he wouldn't have put Mariah in this vid if they're working together.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                    I think Lil Nas X can be crossed off the potential "male artist" list. No way he wouldn't have put Mariah in this vid if they're working together.

There was never anything to suggest that Lil Nas X was working with Mariah to be honest.
                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

So weird this wasnt used more.
                      I saw the movie in the cinema and waited until the end to hear the song, everyone else had left !!

Comment

yes, but barely.
                        The whole song was played at the end A different vocal take though, less boombastic in the climax . I quite like it though, she totally overdid the other version IMO.

Comment

• If the gospel special rumours are true, I think Going Up Yonder ft. (Kanye West and) Sunday Service Choir is a likely candidate to be included.

Comment

Obsessed is her new GP favorite. Kareo sounds like your typical 90s schmaltz fest, completely hollow and unrepresentative of what Kween is all about. Like it or not (and I know certain people have strong opinions about it ) but Obsessed is unfiltered and totally 100% Kween.
                            What is this? It certainly isn't an opinion. It's hate speech. What has the song done to you personally to warrant such vitriol?

I love the song. Its meaning is so pure and inspiring. I know that you have to write what you write in order to serve and protect your image on UKMIX, that is why I hope that you are exaggerating. Otherwise I will have to pray for you.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The whole song was played at the end A different vocal take though, less boombastic in the climax . I quite like it though, she totally overdid the other version IMO.
                              It wasn't even the 1st song on the end credits, at least not in Germany. So, people who would be so lucky to have caught it in the movie theatre are those who needed like 20 minutes post movie to collect their stuff and leave. Only the cleaning crew was able to catch the song here.
                              My Chart

Comment

What is this? It certainly isn't an opinion. It's hate speech. What has the song done to you personally to warrant such vitriol?

I love the song. Its meaning is so pure and inspiring. I know that you have to write what you write in order to serve and protect your image on UKMIX, that is why I hope that you are exaggerating. Otherwise I will have to pray for you.
                                Kween has said much worse about Hero and you don’t come after her. Prolly because she begrudgingly performs it anyway because she feels like she has a duty to her fans. Thankfully, I don’t have that responsibility.

And pls don’t lose the phrase “hate speech” as loosely as you just did especially in this day and age, it’s very irresponsible.
                                Last edited by Goldmoney; Sun October 10, 2021, 23:12.

Comment

It wasn't even the 1st song on the end credits, at least not in Germany. So, people who would be so lucky to have caught it in the movie theatre are those who needed like 20 minutes post movie to collect their stuff and leave. Only the cleaning crew was able to catch the song here.
                                  LOL not 20 mins, as far as I remember there was one other song, then Almost Home came on.

Comment

Kween has said much worse about Hero and you don’t come after her. Prolly because she begrudgingly performs it anyway because she feels like she has a duty to her fans. Thankfully, I don’t have that responsibility.

And pls don’t lose the phrase “hate speech” as loosely as you just did especially in this day and age, it’s very irresponsible.
                                    Yeah, Kween doesn't hold Hero in high regard all right. That's why she would sing it to her belly when she was pregnant and cry, that's why she herself turned to it at various points in her life when feeling hopeless and weak, that's why she cited it (along with AIWFCIY) as her favorite song to perform since the audience immediately responds to it and get all emotional, that's why she dedicated damn near an entire chapter to it in her memoir.

If you're going to belittle the song, which is lame in tself as that song is wonderful and means a lot to a lot of people, at least come with substantial, factual arguments.

And I won't even get into the whole race-pertaining undertone of your post(s). It reads like a parody at this point, like something put-on you don't even truly believe yourself.

Comment

• Hashtag Beautiful is such a classic Mariah song.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

Yeah, Kween doesn't hold Hero in high regard all right. That's why she would sing it to her belly when she was pregnant and cry, that's why she herself turned to it at various points in her life when feeling hopeless and weak, that's why she cited it (along with AIWFCIY) as her favorite song to perform since the audience immediately responds to it and get all emotional, that's why she dedicated damn near an entire chapter to it in her memoir.

If you're going to belittle the song, which is lame in tself as that song is wonderful and means a lot to a lot of people, at least come with substantial, factual arguments.

And I won't even get into the whole race-pertaining undertone of your post(s). It reads like a parody at this point, like something put-on you don't even truly believe yourself.
                                        How dare you, how dare you try to dehumanize me and paint me out as an immoral pos when you know nothing about what I have to endure on a daily basis. The stares and the judgmental glances I get every f’n day all because GOD FORBID I’m queer as hell, flamboyant and I’m dark. And GOD FORBID the mechanisms I use to cope with all of that, all for the sake of bringing a little lightheartedness and laughter in my life! The Hero shading is just in good fun and nothing I take that seriously, YOU’RE the one who crossed the line and made it much more than that. That is reprehensible on so many levels and from someone in your own fanbase is that much worse, I’d expect this type of behavior from some of the vermin in News & Gossip! I’m just glad most of y’all don’t ever venture outside this topic otherwise I’d go mad dealing with this type of utter nonsense everyday. No wonder this fanbase has such a bad rap outside this circle. I’m just grateful I’ll never have to read any of your posts again. I don’t need you (or any of you for that matter) to validate my character.
                                        Last edited by Goldmoney; Mon October 11, 2021, 00:24.

Comment

• I love this performance so much. The more she struggles with the key, the more it mesmerizes me. Every little variation to the original recording is pure bliss and incredibly wonderful to the ear.

I always feel liberated when she performs it. Liberated from any pain, bad feelings and oppression. I feel re-born and ready for life, also nostalgic.

Hero is like the soundtrack to my life. And in this particular performance...she had it all... the attitude, the vocal, the presence, the beauty and above all the musicality.

It also helps that she was in her OHOMO vocal tone, the greatest sound any human being has ever produced.
                                          My Chart

Comment

How dare you, how dare you try to dehumanize me and paint me out as an immoral pos when you know nothing about what I have to endure on a daily basis. The stares and the judgmental glances I get every f’n day all because GOD FORBID I’m queer as hell, flamboyant and I’m dark. And GOD FORBID the mechanisms I use to cope with all of that, all for the sake of bringing a little lightheartedness and laughter in my life! The Hero shading is just in good fun and nothing I take that seriously, YOU’RE the one who crossed the line and made it much more than that. That is reprehensible on so many levels and from someone in your own fanbase is that much worse, I’d expect this type of behavior from some of the vermin in News & Gossip! I’m just glad most of y’all don’t ever venture outside this topic otherwise I’d go mad dealing with this type of utter nonsense everyday. No wonder this fanbase has such a bad rap outside this circle. I’m just grateful I’ll never have to read any of your posts again. I don’t need you (or any of you for that matter) to validate my character.
                                            Ironically that very poster described #Beautiful as "overrated Karen lite shit" a few months back Rather ironic if you ask me.

Comment

first of all I want to say that I love you. And I want to apologize if anything that I have written, hurt you in any way. That was not my intention.

Speaking of feelings. You speak so negatively about the song and it sometimes reads as if you hold disdain to those who enjoy it too. It reads like you assume and insinuate that those who find enjoyment and admiration in her earlier work could never be "real" fans of her bc of the circumstance in which the music was produced.

But you clarified your remarks and I have also thought as much about them. Darling, you know I live for the drama.

This is a serious question. Why do you think Mariah Carey fans have a bad reputation? Is this really true?

The bunch on UKMIX at least seem all great. (OK, i'm a little annoying, but still harmless I hope).
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Ironically that very poster described #Beautiful as "overrated Karen lite shit" a few months back Rather ironic if you ask me.
                                                I know you live off the tension. I hope you won't succeed to make us self-destruct. We all know that we have to stay closely together in order to finance and organize the next AIWFCIY twitter campaign. #BeTheMovement #BecomeTheMoment
                                                My Chart

Comment

first of all I want to say that I love you. And I want to apologize if anything that I have written, hurt you in any way. That was not my intention.

Speaking of feelings. You speak so negatively about the song and it sometimes reads as if you hold disdain to those who enjoy it too. It reads like you assume and insinuate that those who find enjoyment and admiration in her earlier work could never be "real" fans of her bc of the circumstance in which the music was produced.

But you clarified your remarks and I have also thought as much about them. Darling, you know I live for the drama.

This is a serious question. Why do you think Mariah Carey fans have a bad reputation? Is this really true?

The bunch on UKMIX at least seem all great. (OK, i'm a little annoying, but still harmless I hope).
                                                  When did I ever even close to insinuating that? The Karen comment is more geared towards the GP who bought Karen Box 25 years ago and could give a flying fig about Kween now, not lambs.

And I love most of y’all, it’s just that this is supposed to be a safe haven for me and whenever someone like that attacks me for no good reason, it just sours me from the fandom.

Comment

When did I ever even close to insinuating that? The Karen comment is more geared towards the GP who bought Karen Box 25 years ago and could give a flying fig about Kween now, not lambs.

And I love most of y’all, it’s just that this is supposed to be a safe haven for me and whenever someone like that attacks me for no good reason, it just sours me from the fandom.
                                                    I know that now. <3

My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X