Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

We all know that we have to stay closely together in order to finance and organize the next AIWFCIY twitter campaign. #BeTheMovement #BecomeTheMoment
    I will be streaming as much as anyone else, like I always do
    Last edited by InFamous; Mon October 11, 2021, 01:19.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• this place today..

Comment

• My abusive, controlling, psychotic, potential-wasting ex killed himself today.

I got the news this morning, and I still don’t know what to think. I’ve spent the day listening to Mariah’s lighter songs and old-school rap.

if you can, please spare a kind thought, online hug, or song suggestion. I’m doing what I can to keep my mind off it.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
          My abusive, controlling, psychotic, potential-wasting ex killed himself today.

I got the news this morning, and I still don’t know what to think. I’ve spent the day listening to Mariah’s lighter songs and old-school rap.

if you can, please spare a kind thought, online hug, or song suggestion. I’m doing what I can to keep my mind off it.
          My heartfelt condolences to you. Sorry that you had that happen to you, opened this topic for moral support and had to find this mess. Stay strong bb. I would actually recommend putting on her Xmas music (eventhough its a little early). That always puts me in a lighter mood.

Comment

• What songs & mix are these?

https://youtu.be/-r5LDPWbHe0

the first @1:19 a joy to the world mix?
            And the 2nd is a someday 2:46 but I’m nit sure which one.
            Last edited by itsawrap; Mon October 11, 2021, 04:52.
            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
              I think Lil Nas X can be crossed off the potential "male artist" list. No way he wouldn't have put Mariah in this vid if they're working together.

Who asked for a lil nax duet?

Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

LOL not 20 mins, as far as I remember there was one other song, then Almost Home came on.
                Yup but almost everyone were gone by the time it was played. It was the main OST, right? I'm not sure why it is in that order.
                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• What date are we expecting news on the Christmas special?

Comment

• By Halloween

Comment

• Goldmoney, ForeverYoung et al, may you please move that discussion to personal messages or move on. I feel your comments have moved from being Mariah centred to something more personal that may not be served well in this thread.
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Re: the discussions on Almost Home on the last few pages, I just wonder what actually happened around the release of the song? It just didn’t get the attention it deserves since day one. Not even a single live performance of the song at all, and it didn’t get the treatment of a typical Disney theme song either... (Imagine how happy we would have been if the song was as huge as Ariana’s cover of Beauty and the Beast).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there was some disagreement between Mariah and Disney on the writing and productions of the song right (i.e. Single version vs the move version)? And is it true that Mariah’s input in terms of writing was pretty much minimal? Anyhow I hope Mariah and Disney are still on good terms. Imagine a Disney-produced Xmas movie featuring AIW, how huge it could be!

Comment

• MC on Hero from Around The World ‘When I first wrote this song it meant a lot to me but when I sing it now, it has a whole new meaning because I had to look inside myself this year to get through a lot of things.’

Heartfelt truth right there.

Anything else is just fronting and is said pretty much because people along the way who don’t get it made her feel ashamed of it.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks Hero doesn’t reflect who “Kween”.. or Mariah, really is or what she is about, clearly hasn’t been a fan for very long.
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I just read that Billie Eilish’s Bond theme is currently getting around 6,000 streams. It just highlighted to me how Mariah does do pretty well in this current era, all things considering! If one of the biggest current artists with a blockbuster movie behind it, is getting 6,000 streams, it’s really an uphill battle!

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                I just read that Billie Eilish’s Bond theme is currently getting around 6,000 streams. It just highlighted to me how Mariah does do pretty well in this current era, all things considering! If one of the biggest current artists with a blockbuster movie behind it, is getting 6,000 streams, it’s really an uphill battle!
                                Billies song was released 1 year ago tho

Comment

• phew... AIWFCIY has now made it past 200k daily streams. Finally.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Is that spotif, or?
                                    How does that compare to last year?
                                    I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                      Is that spotif, or?
                                      How does that compare to last year?
                                      around 30k less than last year.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

around 30k less than last year.
                                        I feel like Christmas was generally more in the air by this point last year.. This year, summer seems to have been longer and it’s all very Halloween centric right now. I’ve barely seen or heard anything christmas related.

Im sure it will catch up with last years numbers in the coming days and weeks.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                          What songs & mix are these?

https://youtu.be/-r5LDPWbHe0

the first @1:19 a joy to the world mix?
                                          And the 2nd is a someday 2:46 but I’m nit sure which one.
                                          Anyone know?
                                          Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• The Weeknd has been teasing an new era coming soon. He’s the current artist I wish Mariah collab the most. Her voice in his 80s-feels music would sound like heaven. His collab with Ariana is great.

Comment

• The first is God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen from Merry Christmas (but the deluxe version in the US as it was not on the original there).
                                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Probably we could never see AIWFCIY go #1 again...
                                                This year must be the beginning of downward trend in popularity.
                                                Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                                  Probably we could never see AIWFCIY go #1 again...
                                                  This year must be the beginning of downward trend in popularity.
                                                  Hopefully I'm wrong.
                                                  Bit dramatic

Comment

• I think if we know how all Xmas tunes are doing in general it will give us a bigger picture....but I know we will continue slaying this year

Comment

Working...
                                                    X