X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Hopefully Rihanna is not releasing albums so frequently like Drake and Taylor
    She really killed her momentum.

Mariah had 15 #1's before turning 30. TGIFY going #1 on 19th February, 2000.

Taylor is 32, Drake is 36, Rihanna is 34.

I think Mariah's H100 domination between 1990-2000 is not appreciated enough. That was totally outstanding and is still a record, getting a #1 single in each and every single year for a straight decade on.

Leave a comment:

• Anderson
    replied
    Originally posted by lambforever View Post
    Drake is the real threat to the mariah number 1s record He releases music so frequently
    Hopefully Rihanna is not releasing albums so frequently like Drake and Taylor

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
    Regarding Grammy nominations I loveeee Mary but her ‘Good morning gorgeous’ album definitely didn’t deserve to get nominated for album of the year when ‘Caution’ didn’t. I hate comparisons usually but they are two artists doing similar things at similar places in their career.
    Caution didn't deserve to be nominated according to Billboard because it had no impact. So, can't you feel Good Morning Gorgeous' impact, it's evident. The album started so many new trends in music and everyone is releasing that style of music nowadays.

Kidding aside. I do not want to drag Mary or anything... this is a drag against BB making up nonsense.

Anyway, I'm listening to GML right now and it is evident that the song is the best song since its release in 2018. Nothing has topped that imo, not by Mimi herself, nor anyone else. It's... THE perfect song everyone wants to make.

Leave a comment:

• SmartIsNewSexy
    replied
    Grammys are "bowing", spoken like Rocky

But I wish Latto well. Hopefully she can win Best New Artist

Leave a comment:

• lambforever
    replied
    Drake is the real threat to the mariah number 1s record He releases music so frequently

Leave a comment:

• naughtynae
    replied
    Regarding Grammy nominations I loveeee Mary but her ‘Good morning gorgeous’ album definitely didn’t deserve to get nominated for album of the year when ‘Caution’ didn’t. I hate comparisons usually but they are two artists doing similar things at similar places in their career.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
    grammys really hates mariah. even with all her xmas domination she can't get ay nomination and kelly clarkson and norah jones just got nominations for best traditional pop album for their xmas albums
    what's new? Mariah opted for acclaim and success, the Grammy don't know what either are.

Leave a comment:

• mm2912
    replied
    grammys really hates mariah. even with all her xmas domination she can't get ay nomination and kelly clarkson and norah jones just got nominations for best traditional pop album for their xmas albums

Leave a comment:

• Anderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

You said the same about RiRi eons ago. Having a #1 single is not as easy as it seems. After 15 years in the business, Taylor is not even halfway to tie Mariah, it's more or less the same with Drake. it just won't happen.
    stevyy is joking lol

Leave a comment:

• Juancito75
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Taylor and especially Drake will surpass Mariah in the coming 5 years, both will end up with 30-40 #1's when all is said and done in 15 years or so.
    You said the same about RiRi eons ago. Having a #1 single is not as easy as it seems. After 15 years in the business, Taylor is not even halfway to tie Mariah, it's more or less the same with Drake. it just won't happen.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Oops Taylor did it again!!
    She blocked Rihanna to add a #1 song last week and then she just blocked Drake

Mariah : 19
    Rihanna : 14
    Drake : 11
    Taylor : 9
    Taylor and especially Drake will surpass Mariah in the coming 5 years, both will end up with 30-40 #1's when all is said and done in 15 years or so.

Leave a comment:

• Anderson
    replied
    Oops Taylor did it again!!
    She blocked Rihanna to add a #1 song last week and then she just blocked Drake

Mariah : 19
    Rihanna : 14
    Drake : 11
    Taylor : 9
    Last edited by Anderson; Tue November 15, 2022, 14:49.

Leave a comment:

• Mckenry
    replied
    Lmao I laughed hard on this one

Congratulations to Nick, he helped the aging world population grow to 8 billion after 12 years.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    Man Fantasy sounds good anywhere.
    Such a mood that song... instant energy.

Leave a comment:

• taustin13
    replied
    I am watching Fox's top rated show 911. In the opening scene of season 6 episode 8, they played Fantasy by our queen. It stunned me.

Last edited by taustin13; Tue November 15, 2022, 01:50.

Leave a comment:

• SmartIsNewSexy
    replied
    Wow
    Haters stay pressed.

Meanwhile, Mariah is laughing all the way to the bank!

Leave a comment:

• MattyOj
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

per capita... Netherlands takes the crowm. Roughly 15 million inhabitants, but the album sold more than 600,000 copies in the country.

But, I wholeheartedly agree that MB was slaying in OZ, and so did all her mid 1990s albums up until Rainbow.

Rainbow is such an anomaly... it did not well in the countries where she would usually do really well and did well in those countries where she would usually not do as well. Rainbow was a huge success in France and Germany for whatever reasons... WAY bigger than Butterfly for example and it outright flopped in the UK which is the only reason why the album did not reach 2 million EU sales.

While markets like Netherlands and Australia were stanning her hard in the earlier part of her career, a country like France even made her flop eras successes... like Charmbracelet selling over 250,000 copies in the country which is en par with what Butterfly did.

Nowadays, OZ is back at being one of her most supportive markets, turning BER into a 2xP hit single.

Sorry! I didn’t mean to disrespect the Netherlands like that! Haha. I stand corrected! While I was too young to purchase music myself during the MB era, I still remember just how massively popular the singles from that album were. It’s interesting, the single positions in Australia look nowhere near as impressive as the US because people were choosing to buy the album instead. Tommy was so happy with Mariah’s success here that as a thank you to Sony Australia, he pushed an Australian band (Silverchair) in the US and they had a few hit singles and a double platinum album there as a result.

I can tell you why Rainbow flopped hard in Australia. I believe it was purely due to poor label support. The lack of promotion of everything after Honey was astonishing. I found the Breakdown and My All CD singles in a music store by chance! Those singles had zero promotion. WYB did ok due to the interest in the duet while ISB suffered the same fate as Breakdown and My All. I never heard any of them on the radio or even saw the videos. I never even saw My All until I imported the VHS from the US! The Heartbreaker video received attention on cable TV due to fan requests. I never saw any promotion for Rainbow at all. Celine was the priority by that point. Tommy made sure of that.

Leave a comment:

• lambforever
    replied
    Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
    Merry Christmas & AIWFCIY are full of surprises.
    when everyone is hunting for the 19#1 there’s AIWFCIY chilling for 25 years and suddenly rose at the top to unexpectedly become her 19#1

now, when everyone has been pushing Debut to become her 3rd diamond, Merry Christmas might become her third instead.

Bonus, AIWFCIY is her first single, and first of many records
    Merry Christmas will be her 3rd diamond album and will most likely get to that point after next season. The debut may take till 2025

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyOj View Post

Mariah’s been a superstar in Australia since the beginning. Music Box had its biggest per capita success here and was certified 12x platinum in pure sales. AIWFCIY was a massive hit in ‘94 and never went away. Mariah’s had #1’s in three separate decades. She had all that success without even visiting until 1998. I feel like we still had her back when a lot of other countries didn’t. She’s very highly regarded here.
    per capita... Netherlands takes the crowm. Roughly 15 million inhabitants, but the album sold more than 600,000 copies in the country.

But, I wholeheartedly agree that MB was slaying in OZ, and so did all her mid 1990s albums up until Rainbow.

Rainbow is such an anomaly... it did not well in the countries where she would usually do really well and did well in those countries where she would usually not do as well. Rainbow was a huge success in France and Germany for whatever reasons... WAY bigger than Butterfly for example and it outright flopped in the UK which is the only reason why the album did not reach 2 million EU sales.

While markets like Netherlands and Australia were stanning her hard in the earlier part of her career, a country like France even made her flop eras successes... like Charmbracelet selling over 250,000 copies in the country which is en par with what Butterfly did.

Nowadays, OZ is back at being one of her most supportive markets, turning BER into a 2xP hit single.

Leave a comment:

• MattyOj
    replied
    Originally posted by Statsandchart View Post

Haters and jealous fans of her peers would still claim that it was only in US, not elsewhere.
    well, US cover up very well for Mariah's global performance. Australia and UK also supported her fairly after the 90's, along Asian markets.

Mariah’s been a superstar in Australia since the beginning. Music Box had its biggest per capita success here and was certified 12x platinum in pure sales. AIWFCIY was a massive hit in ‘94 and never went away. Mariah’s had #1’s in three separate decades. She had all that success without even visiting until 1998. I feel like we still had her back when a lot of other countries didn’t. She’s very highly regarded here.

Leave a comment:

• woabritney
    replied
    My dream setlist:

Hark The Herald Angels
    Sleigh Ride
    Oh Santa (remix with Jen and Ari)
    The First Noel
    Jesus Born On This Day
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
    Joy To The World
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    One Child
    Oh Holy Night
    When You Believe
    Always Be My Baby
    Hero
    Miss You Most
    AIWFCIY

Leave a comment:

• Chris87
    replied
    Ok… have to submit a set list wish for Xmas…

1. Hark (it’s tradition)
    2. Sleigh Ride
    3. When Christmas Comes

4. Here Comes Santa Claus
    5. Oh Santa
    6. Joy To The World.

7. Snippets (Miss You Most, WAYC)
    8. Kids section Roc & Roe then Trey.

9. Christmas Baby Please Come Home
    10. O Holy Night
    11. Santa Claus Is Comin To Town

12. Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow
    13. Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child
    14. Last Christmas (oh yes I’m going for it)
    15. Hero
    16. Emotions
    17. AIW
    Last edited by Chris87; Mon November 14, 2022, 20:11.

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    My dream setlist:

Here Comes Santa Claus
    Sleigh Ride
    Joy to The World
    Christmas Time Is In The Air
    The First Noel/Born Is The King

Hark The Herald Angels Sing
    Oh Holy Night
    One Child
    Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    When Christmas Comes

Oh Santa
    Fall In Love at Christmas
    Miss You Most
    Christmas Baby Please Come Home
    All I Want For Christmas Is You
    Last edited by Marchum; Mon November 14, 2022, 19:26.

Leave a comment:

• MimiCici
    replied
    Merry Christmas & AIWFCIY are full of surprises.
    when everyone is hunting for the 19#1 there’s AIWFCIY chilling for 25 years and suddenly rose at the top to unexpectedly become her 19#1

now, when everyone has been pushing Debut to become her 3rd diamond, Merry Christmas might become her third instead.

Bonus, AIWFCIY is her first single, and first of many records

Leave a comment:

• vughni
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
    Mariah was pretty popular with her releases in the UK right up until she stopped coming here on her promo tours.
    Same for France but now her kids are grown and travel with her (they came to Italy) so maybe she can come easily in the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X