Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
    Re: the discussions on Almost Home on the last few pages, I just wonder what actually happened around the release of the song? It just didn’t get the attention it deserves since day one. Not even a single live performance of the song at all, and it didn’t get the treatment of a typical Disney theme song either... (Imagine how happy we would have been if the song was as huge as Ariana’s cover of Beauty and the Beast).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there was some disagreement between Mariah and Disney on the writing and productions of the song right (i.e. Single version vs the move version)? And is it true that Mariah’s input in terms of writing was pretty much minimal? Anyhow I hope Mariah and Disney are still on good terms. Imagine a Disney-produced Xmas movie featuring AIW, how huge it could be!
    I agree it’s one of those strange ones that just seemed like a little Mariah on her own song rather than a song that should have had a global focus with Disney behind it. Let’s face it, the video is TERRIBLE and looks like she was given $3.70 to make it and whilst the song isn’t Let It Go good it’s a pretty decent song and pretty damn good Mariah vocal. What really interests me though is not that Mariah paid it dust after it was a flop because she always does with any flop but more that she went into detail about the writing of it. Truth be told… I think in recent years she hasn’t written the bulk of a good few songs she has writing credit on. A lot of caution sounds like that to me personally (not coming for caution but I’m talking about writing all the lyrics and bull of the melodies like she used to) I’d like to see her get back to that and working preferably with just one other person per song so we are getting more of HER and not more of other teams like she did on AH and in my opinion, Caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Bit dramatic
      Yeah AIW isnt going anywhere… I am STILL super amazing proud impressed you name it with Mariah’s campaign in 2019. Personally I think she underplayed her determination a little to get that 19th No.1 (great marketing plans can’t do that alone) I think that video she made is absolutely fantastic and the sheer all encompassing focus she and her team put into that is the kinda focus I’d love for her to brig to her future projects. What a time to be a lamb. She obviously also gets mega credit for 2020. This year very quiet so far but I’m holding onto her words from her mouth from Spaces that this Xmas will also be HUGE ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Comment

• Let’s not forget too that by this point, Mariah and Christmas are already in full swing (with announcements etc) and she’s nowhere to be seen.
        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• they may have a different strategy this time...who knows.

Since chart can be easily manipulated more than before, it's likely that AIW may not reach no.1 this year but it will still be up there in the chart and won't go anywhere anytime soon.
          Last edited by carey18ph; Tue October 12, 2021, 09:04.
          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• If a Christmas song is gonna get to #1 it will most likely be AIW, Brenda may beat her this year in the U.S only but it’s unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
              If a Christmas song is gonna get to #1 it will most likely be AIW, Brenda may beat her this year in the U.S only but it’s unlikely.
              Brenda only outperformed her on Spotify last year. MC was huge on the other platforms especially Amazon Music if I recall

Comment

If a Christmas song is gonna get to #1 it will most likely be AIW, Brenda may beat her this year in the U.S only but it’s unlikely.
                Imagine OHN or JTTW featuring Xtina. That would break the internet.

Comment

Imagine OHN or JTTW featuring Xtina. That would break the internet.
                  Their voices would work well together and no one really know how they feel about each other these days, all the videos of them talking shit about each other is from the early - mid 2000s

Comment

• I wonder if Mariah has recorded her xmas special already cos both make up artists seems to be working on different projects now by their stories on instagram

Comment

Re: the discussions on Almost Home on the last few pages, I just wonder what actually happened around the release of the song? It just didn’t get the attention it deserves since day one. Not even a single live performance of the song at all, and it didn’t get the treatment of a typical Disney theme song either... (Imagine how happy we would have been if the song was as huge as Ariana’s cover of Beauty and the Beast).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there was some disagreement between Mariah and Disney on the writing and productions of the song right (i.e. Single version vs the move version)? And is it true that Mariah’s input in terms of writing was pretty much minimal? Anyhow I hope Mariah and Disney are still on good terms. Imagine a Disney-produced Xmas movie featuring AIW, how huge it could be!
                      This is Disney that we are talking. They never had a strong hold in the music industry. Let It Go is their intellectual property that was going to generate millions for them and they jumped in to cash that in. Beauty and the Beast was a covered that people already knew and of course it was with Ariana and John Legend. But it didn't match the success of the original release.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveides View Post

This is Disney that we are talking. They never had a strong hold in the music industry. Let It Go is their intellectual property that was going to generate millions for them and they jumped in to cash that in. Beauty and the Beast was a covered that people already knew and of course it was with Ariana and John Legend. But it didn't match the success of the original release.
                        I just find the whole situation around the release of AH really strange. Neither Mariah or Disney paid much attention to it at all. The promotion was pretty much zero to none and the song itself was barely featured in any of the teasers/trailers. I just feel like there was some sort of bad blood going on between Mariah and Disney.

Obviously the intention of Disney reaching out to Mariah for this movie’s theme was to generate some of sort commercial success (remember it was around 2013 when the GP were sort of anticipating a comeback of Mariah) as a Mariah Carey song will defo guarantee some sort of success. It’ just makes no sense to me that they just pretty much ignored the song since day 1.

Comment

I just find the whole situation around the release of AH really strange. Neither Mariah or Disney paid much attention to it at all. The promotion was pretty much zero to none and the song itself was barely featured in any of the teasers/trailers. I just feel like there was some sort of bad blood going on between Mariah and Disney.

Obviously the intention of Disney reaching out to Mariah for this movie’s theme was to generate some of sort commercial success (remember it was around 2013 when the GP were sort of anticipating a comeback of Mariah) as a Mariah Carey song will defo guarantee some sort of success. It’ just makes no sense to me that they just pretty much ignored the song since day 1.
                          Could be one reason she doesn't like to mention the song much
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Male Mariah Carey
                            Mariah Carey x BTS
                            #20th No.1

Comment

• Must see ..
                              Wow super talented
                              Mariah Carey x BTS
                              #20th No.1

Comment

• Mariah didn’t like Almost Home, she said this

Bish turned that vocal out but she didn’t get to write it and it wasn’t a Diane Warren situation that would guarantee an Oscar nom

It got placement in American Idol, no one cared

I think that’s all there is to it

#B was on the horizon, she had Faded and YDKWTD in her bag at that point, I totally get it!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                  Mariah didn’t like Almost Home, she said this

Bish turned that vocal out but she didn’t get to write it and it wasn’t a Diane Warren situation that would guarantee an Oscar nom

It got placement in American Idol, no one cared

I think that’s all there is to it

#B was on the horizon, she had Faded and YDKWTD in her bag at that point, I totally get it!
                                  If she didn’t like the song she would have declined since day one then? Why even bother walking into the studio to sing a song she dislikes? Let alone spending hours filming that music video.

I think she did write something though for the song, pretty sure I read from somewhere that she wrote the bridge?

I wouldn’t even count that “placement” in AI as promo at all. Being featured as background music for 30 mins does barely anything for the song at all.

But oh well, it is what it is. It was such a shame that this song has never had the attention it deserves since day one. It’s one of the few releases of hers in current years that sounds “current” and pop which I really like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Must see ..
                                    Wow super talented
                                    Great voice. I don’t believe for a second that this wasn’t recorded, pitches made perfect, polished and then lip synced to for the video though.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Could be one reason she doesn't like to mention the song much
                                      And the fact that they only included the song at the very end of the movie which is an alternative to the single version, but not on any of the movie’s promotional materials is basically a massive F you to Mariah. Definitely there was some sort of drama going on behind the scene. Was it Randy Jackson managing Mariah when AH was released?

It is just very unfortunate to fall out with such a massive company like Disney. Imagine the next Xmas special being distributed by Disney and how much commercial potential it would have generated for the MC brand!

Comment

Their voices would work well together and no one really know how they feel about each other these days, all the videos of them talking shit about each other is from the early - mid 2000s
                                        Honestly, I think they are on good terms now. The fact that show would sing a line of Beautiful in an interview says it all.

Comment

And the fact that they only included the song at the very end of the movie which is an alternative to the single version, but not on any of the movie’s promotional materials is basically a massive F you to Mariah. Definitely there was some sort of drama going on behind the scene. Was it Randy Jackson managing Mariah when AH was released?

It is just very unfortunate to fall out with such a massive company like Disney. Imagine the next Xmas special being distributed by Disney and how much commercial potential it would have generated for the MC brand!
                                          After AppleTV+, i hope she will have Christmas Special offers from other networks. It would be nice if several major television networks plays her during Holidays. That would cement her status as Queen of Christmas.
                                          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

Maybe Disney didn’t like the song either, we really have no idea

Comment

• Alison is back... on instagram.. pleading for money for new teeth. In the video she appears without any teeth in her mouth.. and her facial muscles are ... twitching or sth.

Lord!

On ATRL, the MC fans are currently discussion... why it always falls on Mariah and her alone to take care of her sister.

And I have to agree. Her brother, Morgan, is consistently in the news bashing Mariah and selling stories to tabloids... he always claims how he is not doing it for the money bc he got enough of his own money...

So, why not HIM?

Why not her Harvard educated lawyer son, Shawn?

Why not Michael or any of the remaining other 2-3 children that she's got?

And lastly, why not Patricia... or all of them together?

It seems to me... that her ENTIRE family has closed their doors on Alison. EVERY single ONE.

It will only take about 1-2 days until the video is on all tabloid sites on the internet with scathing opinion-pieces about Mariah - the cruel witch who lets her poor sister die.

What are your thoughts? Is it on Mariah alone to fix and help out everyone who is related to her?
                                              My Chart

Comment

• The Oz movie that featured AH didn’t get good reviews and didn’t do well in the theatres. That may be why the song was totally ignored by the creators of the movie/soundtrack.
                                                It was dumb that the song wasn’t actually used in the movie and only in the credits. If they knew they were gonna do that, they should have picked a better song that would be featured during the movie that helped move the story along.
                                                http://marcokircher.com
                                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                                  The Oz movie that featured AH didn’t get good reviews and didn’t do well in the theatres. That may be why the song was totally ignored by the creators of the movie/soundtrack.
                                                  It was dumb that the song wasn’t actually used in the movie and only in the credits. If they knew they were gonna do that, they should have picked a better song that would be featured during the movie that helped move the story along.
                                                  Yes. The movie didn't do well at all.

Also, for reference, Disney often has more popular singers do their own version of the songs in their movies. Like how the Moana's main song was also sang by Alessia Cara, but that version didn't really get much airplay. It's just for the album.

Comment

• I wish we had VOL with a better instrumental

Comment

Working...
                                                    X