Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
    Us Lambs are so impatient lol.

I am sure the Xmas Special is in post-production now and they are planning everything out. There really isn’t a need to announce anything yet. The public wants to experience Halloween and Thanksgiving first… since a lot of people weren’t able to last year.

Plus, it’s smart to wait out the Adele hype/release. Hopefully she is the only major act releasing an album these next few months.
    I think they barely finished recording the special. They probably gonna announce something when they have footage and everything done, also photoshoot and etc to go along with the announcement. I just wish she released the Xmas single in November before the TV special, OS was released so close to Xmas that barely had any time to built up. Look Kelly and Ariana Xmas duet it’s gonna be released this Friday, I’m sure it’s gonna do better than OS remiz

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
      Can we talk about how high her whistle register is in that new clip? She sounds AMAZING!
      No

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I think they barely finished recording the special. They probably gonna announce something when they have footage and everything done, also photoshoot and etc to go along with the announcement. I just wish she released the Xmas single in November before the TV special, OS was released so close to Xmas that barely had any time to built up. Look Kelly and Ariana Xmas duet it’s gonna be released this Friday, I’m sure it’s gonna do better than OS remiz
        If OS was released one month before the xmas special, no one would really watch that show on Apple TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post

No
          Good one.

Comment

• About Oh Santa... all i want is for it to get to 150k+ daily in November... I think it could reach 50 million total streams by the end of this year... let's hope it will do well.
            My Chart

Comment

• She is way too talented and legendary to be reduced to a seasonal act. I realllyyyyyy hope they can make something happen for her next real album. She deserves it more than any artist in the game right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post

Can't wait!! So excited!! Indeed, the Emotions clip sounds like she's in the studio. Hopefully creating and recording for the new album.
                I need new music so badly! And yes! That Emotions clip caught my attention last night, her voice is in perfecto condition

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I also read the (new) songs won't be released till early December.
                  I was afraid that could happen, having big non-Christmas releases getting all the attention

Comment

Predicting the obvious. They pretend they’re an insider based on last year dates announcement. Last year she announced the Xmas special mid-November and the new songs early December lol
                    im an insider too, see
                    I agree that they are predicting the obvious, but last year Mariah started teasing in October with the picture of the chairs

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                      I’m actually surprised that Mariah still holds that record 30 years later, especially when people get to #1 now without even having to sell records.
                      I guess this will be more difficult now since album cuts can easily chart the same time with the proper single. I'm not sure how billboard treats that actually. Also, people can easily listen to all songs on someone's debut album before they even get the single treatment so some of it may not have the build-up that'll excite consumers enough to place it atop.

Case in point: Olivia Rodrigo's chart performance
                      Last edited by carey18ph; Thu October 14, 2021, 06:39.
                      A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Chart point of songs in Billboard these days are weaker. The song needs only 70+ to chart at top 50, 100+ at top 30 and 160+ at top 10. It's only Stay that reached 300+. AIW can easily re-enter within top 40 after Halloween.
                        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

I agree that they are predicting the obvious, but last year Mariah started teasing in October with the picture of the chairs
                          In that case, she teased the Christmas special 2.0 all the way back in summer during her Twitter live conversation with lambs.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I hope for a cute ‘Your girl’ type single this spring.
                            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Your girl is underrated af.
                              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Your girl is heaven!!!!
                                Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• I posted in chart thread but in case anyone here is interested in sales I got an update on some of Mariah's UK sales
                                  Fantasy 761,461 sold 5,114 copies last week
                                  Greatest Hits 864,252 needs just 35k more sales to go 3xPlatinum

I think that will make Fantasy Mariah's 2nd best selling single here after All I Want For Christmas

Comment

• By the frequency of down-time of UKMIX, I’m 99% certain this site is also built by mariahcarey.com’s website developer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                      By the frequency of down-time of UKMIX, I’m 99% certain this site is also built by mariahcarey.com’s website developer.
                                      I couldn’t open the site for almost 24 hours.

I also love Your Girl.
                                      funny how one can learn
                                      to grow numb to the madness
                                      and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by w1llll View Post
                                        I posted in chart thread but in case anyone here is interested in sales I got an update on some of Mariah's UK sales

I think that will make Fantasy Mariah's 2nd best selling single here after All I Want For Christmas
                                        Speaking of Fantasy and the UK, it's a bit interesting to me that despite being huge there in the 90, her lead singles had quite dissapointing peaks.

Fantasy #4
                                        Honey #3
                                        Heartbreaker #5

I mean, wasn't her fanbase big enough to take these to #1?
                                        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by w1llll View Post
                                          I posted in chart thread but in case anyone here is interested in sales I got an update on some of Mariah's UK sales

Great numbers!!! thxs for posting
                                          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Speaking of Fantasy and the UK, it's a bit interesting to me that despite being huge there in the 90, her lead singles had quite dissapointing peaks.

Fantasy #4
                                            Honey #3
                                            Heartbreaker #5

I mean, wasn't her fanbase big enough to take these to #1?
                                            I wonder what kind of sales they debuted with... like 30k for a #5 and 40k for a #3?.. What I wonder most is... how an album like Butterfly can only be 1xP there and why Daydream is ONLY 2xP and why Rainbow is ONLY Gold.

The biggest joke ever is that Music Box was certified 5xP in October 1994... and has never made it past that despite also still charting in 1995, 1996 and 1997

Chartrun: (1993) 1 - 4 -8 - 10 - 13 - 12 - 13 - 22 - 19 - 13 - 14 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 10 - 10 (1994) 11 - 7 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 14 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 11 - 10 - 13 - 11 - 14 - 7 - 8 - 8 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 10 - 13 - 18 - 19 - 25 - 34 - 41 - 36 - 34 - 11 - 10 - 13 - 17 - 20 - 18 - 24 - 27 - 30 - 32 - 30 - 28 (1995) 20 - 25 - 29 - 39 - 45 - 50 - 59 - 64 - 108 - 117 - 110 - 111 - 102 - 131 - 108 - 162 - 164 - 167 - 161 - 129 - 151 - 172 - 121 - 109 - 120 - 159 - 181 - 169 - 140 - 158 - 159 - 161 - 169 - 107 - 119 - 127 - 155 - 157 - 134 - 143 - 139 - 140 - 165 - 159 - 158 - / - 189 (1996) 156 - 180 - 185 - 197 - / - 133 - 100 - 145 - 193 - / - 195 - / - 173 - 168 - 176 - / - 190 - 192 - / - (1997) 175 - 192

After its 5xP cert... it continued to chart for 71 weeks. LOL

And with consumption sales that are now also added on top of sales... (and we all know that it is currently her 4th most streamed overall album with her two biggest EU hits outside of Xmas attached to it)... I really do wonder why it wasn't able to add a 6th platinum cert to its tally... and even with that... it means that it only sold 1,8 million in the country.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• I have heard the new Adele song... and it'll not be a threat for Christmas. The song is OK-ish.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                I have heard the new Adele song... and it'll not be a threat for Christmas. The song is OK-ish.
                                                but she'll have another single and her whole album out charting by december. adele is huge like anyone

Comment

but she'll have another single and her whole album out charting by december. adele is huge like anyone
                                                  we can only judge on what we know. We don't know the alleged 2nd single yet. From what I have heard so far, the first single is way too uneventful to sit at #1 from now until January, especially when it has to fight against 100 million+ US-based weekly streams which is what AIWFCIY getting in the xma week.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                                    Your girl is underrated af.
                                                    One of my favorites from Mimi. I loved the high belts and the background vocals. Mimi had that young Michael Jackson tone (do NOT call it screechy!) on "Your Girl" and "Stay the Night" that was really cool. Piercing and coarse at the same time. I liked the texture.
                                                    You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X