Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

we can only judge on what we know. We don't know the alleged 2nd single yet. From what I have heard so far, the first single is way too uneventful to sit at #1 from now until January, especially when it has to fight against 100 million+ US-based weekly streams which is what AIWFCIY getting in the xma week.
    It’s “uneventful” for your opinion only because you don’t like her. She stopped the world. Just sit and wait Adele breaking some records. Deny Adele’s power is silly. Even Taylor didn’t want to compete with Adele and push her album release back. But good luck to Mariah

Comment

• I just heard Adele's new song..
      It will flop...
      AIWFCIY is safe.

Comment

• I love that mariah already wrote a song about the lambs "you're delusional you're delusional, boy you losing your mind.you're confused you know.."

Comment

• AIWFCIY has already hit #1… multiple times. I really don’t get y’all. The focus needs to be on her non holiday music PERIOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            AIWFCIY has already hit #1… multiple times. I really don’t get y’all. The focus needs to be on her non holiday music PERIOD.
            agree. even if it never gets to #1 again it's fine, it's gonna be the biggest xmas song still every year. I hope the new xmas songs she recorded for the special gets some attention tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
              I love that mariah already wrote a song about the lambs "you're delusional you're delusional, boy you losing your mind.you're confused you know.."
              I thought the original song about the lambs was If It’s Over - ‘won’t you look at me, you’re avoiding my gays’

Comment

• Could be just me, but sounds at some places like Adele was inspired by Mariah's way of singing for this new song. She didn't use to sing like this before.
                I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                  Could be just me, but sounds at some places like Adele was inspired by Mariah's way of singing for this new song. She didn't use to sing like this before.
                  I really thought the same way. The vocals on this song are more soft (thank god!) and the vocal run and riffs are more Mariah

Comment

I love that mariah already wrote a song about the lambs "you're delusional you're delusional, boy you losing your mind.you're confused you know.."
                    응니소개ㅋ ㅄ아

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      I have heard the new Adele song... and it'll not be a threat for Christmas. The song is OK-ish.
                      Same here.. Adele is not a threat anymore... but I think Brenda is the one this year
                      Last edited by Anderson; Fri October 15, 2021, 07:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Same here.. Adele is not a threat anymore... but I think Brenda is the one this year
                        It depends on if Brenda's team goes for it. Last year, they did (IMO). They also had a major tik tok trend that they sponsored and new music video.

I see it being less of a threat if they dont promote it actively.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• As posted (over and over) AIW already went #1 multiple times on a WORLWIDE scale for the past 3-4 years
                          Gave Mariah her 19th #1
                          Is the most streamed Holiday song of all-time
                          One of the biggest selling singles by a female ever

If anything, to compare anything to AIW during Nov-Dec is silly...

Seriously, Adele is amazing and will continue to have massive success. it's all good!

Mariah would like to wish the best of luck to the rest
                          Last edited by Tomer_MC; Fri October 15, 2021, 12:21.
                          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Christmas music is starting on UK radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              Christmas music is starting on UK radio.

clarkson already release her new xmas album today. her duet with ariana is quite good. I'm still not in the mood for xmas music yet not even AIWFCIY

Comment

It’s “uneventful” for your opinion only because you don’t like her. She stopped the world. Just sit and wait Adele breaking some records. Deny Adele’s power is silly. Even Taylor didn’t want to compete with Adele and push her album release back. But good luck to Mariah
                                what? I don't like her???? what made you come to that conclusion? I love her.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                  As posted (over and over) AIW already went #1 multiple times on a WORLWIDE scale for the past 3-4 years
                                  Gave Mariah her 19th #1
                                  Is the most streamed Holiday song of all-time
                                  One of the biggest selling singles by a female ever

If anything, to compare anything to AIW during Nov-Dec is silly...

Seriously, Adele is amazing and will continue to have massive success. it's all good!

Mariah would like to wish the best of luck to the rest
                                  I never thought it was going to be necessary to remember this

Comment

• I disagrree with people who think she/we shouldn't push for AIWFCIY to return to #1 again this year.

Yes, it got here already repeatedly, but every year it hits #1 is another record made. Not to mention I am pretty sure Mariah loves it when she sees it back on top. Billboard and UK charts will eventually change their rules and leave AIWFCIY in the dust, so we/she should take advantage of the status quo while we/she can.

That doesnt mean other records shouldn't be pushed or come into focus. Both things should happen.

Comment

Definitely applies to certain people more than others.

Comment

• The GP is saying that Adele's new song sounds boring as hell... like worst song Adele's ever released as a single..
                                        Despite that, it seems like her new song is gonna go #1 thanks to the success of her previous work.
                                        But I'm almost certain that she will see a sharp decline in album sales through this upcoming album.
                                        Anyway... AIWFCIY looks safe.. Hopefully Brenda team is not actively promoting RATCT..
                                        Last edited by Anderson; Fri October 15, 2021, 17:35.

Comment

• Well, Adele is Adele, despite how we all feel about the song it will do extremely well and will be carried by radio (which will grow, even Bad Habits did well). AIWFCIY is not safe. Adele may dominate into February.

I've listened to it when it was released at midnight. First thought was underwhelming, sounded like an album track and nowhere near her biggest hits or lead singles.

Though today, having listened to it a few times it's growing that's for sure, though I doubt it will reach the same levels as Rolling In The Deep, Someone Like You, Set Fire, Hello or When We Were Young for me.

Comment

• Okay I dont want this to turn into too much focus on Adele in this thread as I know that becomes problematic in the long run. So how about people get their final points in and we move on.

Further discussions about Adele should be carried on here:

Comment

• Adele peaked then with 25. Honestly, I was not bothered when I knew the release date of her single. She can have the remainder of this month and even November but December is definitely Mariah's. Not sure why till now some peeps are still underestimating the power of AIW that we easily get bothered when certain artists drop singles around this time. Like how many yearly resurgence the song needs for us to believe?
                                              A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• So I was scanning through Kelly's new Christmas album. Perhaps it's not yet that time of season though I was underwhelmed, particularly with her rendition of Last Christmas.

I'm on the camp that thinks Mariah should focus more on her studio albums, but everytime a pop artist has a go at a Christmas album, I wouldn't mind Mariah doing another one to put them a bit in their place LOL, hahaha.

Albeit, it will never have the same pull as the original MC album which was almost like lightening in a bottle but I do think a move back to pop/ac for Christmas would work better than the rnb/jazz sound of MCII2 which sounds even more dated than MC at this stage.

The fact that she's giving off vibes/hints of gospel/rnb has me a bit worried. That sound or style of Christmas Song has a very limited audience.
                                                Last edited by skylynx; Fri October 15, 2021, 17:55.

Comment

• Mariah does have a shot the week starting December 2nd, 9th and 16th. Though I don't think that week of December 2nd will be possible this year since Easy On Me would likely be dominating radio at that time and should still command at least 350+ points. That week last year, AIWFCIY was ponly pulling around 300 points.

Her best shot is the week of December 16th (without the two Christmas days).

Any opportunity to claim back that longest running #1 we need to seize it before the chart rules change.

Comment

• This Top 5 is going to change very soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Adele challenges the top when her first day results are released.

The following is still led by AIWFCIY, I wonder if she can lift it again this year or whether 2020 was a once-off when more people are staying at home and listening to Christmas playlists. Can she be the first to crack 20m in the US in one-day? that would be awesome

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" Mariah Carey Merry Christmas 17,223,237 28 October 1994 24 December 2020 [86]
                                                    "Last Christmas" Wham! Music from the Edge of Heaven 15,813,799 3 December 1984
                                                    "Drivers License" Olivia Rodrigo Sour 13,714,177 8 January 2021 15 January 2021 [87]
                                                    "Good 4 U" 12,586,645 14 May 2021 25 May 2021 [88]
                                                    "Girls Want Girls" Drake and Lil Baby Certified Lover Boy 12,384,750 3 September 2021

Comment

Working...
                                                    X