Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    Okay I dont want this to turn into too much focus on Adele in this thread as I know that becomes problematic in the long run. So how about people get their final points in and we move on.

Further discussions about Adele should be carried on here:
    I think we need to talk about Adele's new song bc it could possibly block AIWFCIY
    Mariah Carey x BTS
    #20th No.1

Comment

• t

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
        This Top 5 is going to change very soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Adele challenges the top when her first day results are released.

The following is still led by AIWFCIY, I wonder if she can lift it again this year or whether 2020 was a once-off when more people are staying at home and listening to Christmas playlists. Can she be the first to crack 20m in the US in one-day? that would be awesome

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" Mariah Carey Merry Christmas 17,223,237 28 October 1994 24 December 2020 [86]
        "Last Christmas" Wham! Music from the Edge of Heaven 15,813,799 3 December 1984
        "Drivers License" Olivia Rodrigo Sour 13,714,177 8 January 2021 15 January 2021 [87]
        "Good 4 U" 12,586,645 14 May 2021 25 May 2021 [88]
        "Girls Want Girls" Drake and Lil Baby Certified Lover Boy 12,384,750 3 September 2021
        I think this one's a global Spotify number. Let's hope that she'll break her record again.
        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• The extremes that AIWFCIY reaches every year... it's just so rewarding for us as her fans bc we usually don't see this type of success attached to her brand anymore.

I grew up with Mariah slaying, but so many of us are youngans now... and it must be so cool to see the legend that she is so successful.
          My Chart

Comment

• BTW, at this time next week, AIWFCIY should make some regional Spotify top 200 charts. I cannot wait.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
              AIWFCIY has already hit #1… multiple times. I really don’t get y’all. The focus needs to be on her non holiday music PERIOD.

Comment

• The Someday At Christmas sheet music story Daniel Moore posted is for another artist. So we know MC is not covering it.
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• What has been said about studio albums has already been said. Seeing as it's so close to Christmas now, there's no choice now but to wait until next Spring

Let's give AIWFCIY another big push this year. I would love for her to join forces with Adele to monopolise the #1 until Feburary.

I would love one day to see that 100 weeks at #1 against her name. LOL

Comment

What has been said about studio albums has already been said. Seeing as it's so close to Christmas now, there's no choice now but to wait until next Spring

Let's give AIWFCIY another big push this year. I would love for her to join forces with Adele to monopolise the #1 until Feburary.

I would love one day to see that 100 weeks at #1 against her name. LOL
                    That would be awesome. If only we could get her one more #1 single, so that she could tie the Beatles. That would be the absolute biggest thing ever. But she cannot make it on her own. She needs a huge act and even more difficult... a great song to do it.

But even if she never hits #1 again... not with XMAS GOAT or any other song... she has left her mark on the charts like no one else.

Before we can even dream of her getting another #1, she must want it herself as well.

And one of my priorities right now... isn't even singles based.. it is albums based. She ONLY has 6 #1 albums to her name as of now... and I really want her to get another one.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      The Someday At Christmas sheet music story Daniel Moore posted is for another artist. So we know MC is not covering it.
                      I love that song. I think it could sound lovely and haunting in mariah's voice tho

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                        AIWFCIY has already hit #1… multiple times. I really don’t get y’all. The focus needs to be on her non holiday music PERIOD.
                        This. We Mariah fans should support the only big female vocalist left that still scores #1 hits with her ballads.
                        AIW is huge and getting bigger with each year anyway.

Comment

• From one great vocalist to another Mariah might get it back this year tho

Comment

• This is not Adele's thread. Stop it

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                              From one great vocalist to another Mariah might get it back this year tho

and some lambs calling a flop lol the delusionals. and it's not even 24h yet good luck Mariah you're bigger than that flop singer called adele. go get her gurl

Comment

• ^ What is up??? NO ONE thinks Adele is going to flop. some of us might not like the new song and believe it won't block AIW from getting to #1( AGAIN!!!!!!) but that is all. move on
                                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                                  From one great vocalist to another Mariah might get it back this year tho

Well that's quick, and Friday is not even over yet. She must be pulling huge numbers. Must be above 20m for sure globally on the first day.

Well, at least the record wasn't lost to some awful hip-hop/rap song or gimmick.

She's the only one pulling huge numbers from all quadrants....the same that was pulled by Mariah during Music Box and Celine from the mid-90s.

No female artist has scored 3 back to back monster albums. Mariah and Celine couldn't do it, Adele could well be the first.

Comment

She's the only one pulling huge numbers from all quadrants....the same that was pulled by Mariah during Music Box and Celine from the mid-90s.

No female artist has scored 3 back to back monster albums. Mariah and Celine couldn't do it, Adele could well be the first.
                                    in a perfect world butterfly album would've been the 3rd one

Comment

• Well perhaps I lie, if we count Merry Christmas and D'Eux the two members of the Vocal Trinity have done it. Though MC is an exceptional case which grew over time and Deux wasn't huge outside of the main French speaking markets.

Last edited by skylynx; Fri October 15, 2021, 20:42.

Comment

• Butterfly was too urban and she shifted her image too quickly and lost her audience rather rapidly. It was a bit like pouring ice water over yourself, it was a shock.

I've always wondered what could've been had she slowed down a bit between Daydream and Butterfly, had she kept that pop/AC sound and waited 1 more album to switch up then it could've been another strong outing.

Adele's team and label is smart. With Easy On Me they were very careful to keep the same sound and soft listening that for the fall season is perfect. That being said, anything she releases can't really go wrong as the first single. The hype and anticipation is real.

Comment

• [QUOTE=skylynx;n10735500]Well perhaps I lie, if we count Merry Christmas and D'Eux the two members of the Vocal Trinity have done it. Though MC is an exceptional case which grew over time and Deux wasn't huge outside of the main French speaking markets.

Perhaps MC is not exceptional because It was an instant big seller for Mariah, as Christmas music mainly impacts during a 3-4 months peridot. Obviously and thankfully It did grew over time to become the monster that it is.
                                          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• What sets Adele apart is that she has no competition. I mean our 80s and 90s girls had to fight against out-of-this-world legends.

Mariah, Janet, Céline, Madonna and Whitney were all doing what Adele is doing at the same time.

At most... Adele has Taylor, however, Taylor doesn't have one album doing what the others were doing outside the US.

Adele also has the character, the personality that is genuine... no other current pop girl has that.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Imagine Adele releasing a Christmas album, I mean like after 30. Can you imagine the total slayage, she would literally destroy everyone. Even Mariah wouldn't be safe.

Adele and Ariana are the two that is surely going to release a Christmas album at some point. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor swooping in with one as well in the next 5 years.

Comment

Imagine Adele releasing a Christmas album, I mean like after 30. Can you imagine the total slayage, she would literally destroy everyone. Even Mariah wouldn't be safe.

Adele and Ariana are the two that is surely going to release a Christmas album at some point. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor swooping in with one as well in the next 5 years.
                                                you can release as many xmas albums as you want... if the music doesn't click, then it doesn't. Both will need to cover Mariah's song and cover the structure of Mariah's covers in order to succeed.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  What sets Adele apart is that she has no competition. I mean our 80s and 90s girls had to fight against out-of-this-world legends.

Mariah, Janet, Céline, Madonna and Whitney were all doing what Adele is doing at the same time.

At most... Adele has Taylor, however, Taylor doesn't have one album doing what the others were doing outside the US.

Adele also has the character, the personality that is genuine... no other current pop girl has that.
                                                  Indeed, in a sea full of rappers, ego and testosterone her music is what the general public (of all ages) can relate and attach themselves to. She definately stands out.

As you say her personality is down to earth which in today's society counts alot. Her interviews are hilarious and that raw British accent she has is kinda endearing.

There's only a few artist I would call top tier (who can command huge interest when they release new material) today and she's clearly on top:

Top Tier

1) Adele
                                                  2) Drake
                                                  3) Taylor
                                                  4) Rihanna
                                                  5) Beyonce

Getting There

* Ariana
                                                  * Justin Bieber
                                                  * The Weekend
                                                  * Bruno Mars

Comment

• Adele has her own thread. Anyway…

Comment

Working...
                                                    X