Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    That would be like the cast of Cats reuniting to do a TV special.
    Bye Bye is a platinum certified classic and a US top 20 hit. It also belongs to her 25 most streamed songs on Spotify right now with an average of 175k-180k weekly.

we love a classic.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Bye Bye is a platinum certified classic and a US top 20 hit. It also belongs to her 25 most streamed songs on Spotify right now with an average of 175k-180k weekly.

we love a classic.
      It also irreparably damaged her career at the time. Sometimes I stay up at night wondering how Kween’s career could have turned out in the ‘10s had Buh Bye remained nothing more than an outtake.

Comment

According to Spotify the song passed 20 million in 19 hrs. It has easily added another 10 million since. Mariah will NEVER re-claim that Spotify record. It's simply impossible. At the very most, I can see it do 20 million. But that's OK, too. I mean we are talking about a 51 year old woman here whose peak was in 1995.

However, we have a great season ahead of us. And even if AIWFCIY won't make it to #1 this year or ever again, we can expect a cute 5 week top 10 run again. Maybe the song could become song of the decade if this trend continues.

There are people on Ukmix who are already shading AIWFCIY. But that's OK. We love everybody.
        But Mariah’s age has nothing to do with it. She can still be 80 and the song will do what it has to do. AIWFCIY has a life of its own by now, no matter if Mariah’s age or if her image is damaged or fresh for the public, the song will do fine. Even people who hates Mariah and don’t listen to any of her songs are obsessed with it.

maybe by Xmas the #1 spot won’t be very competitive and even Mariah doesn’t break any Spotify record she can sneak the top stop at last xmas week

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

But Mariah’s age has nothing to do with it. She can still be 80 and the song will do what it has to do. AIWFCIY has a life of its own by now, no matter if Mariah’s age or if her image is damaged or fresh for the public, the song will do fine. Even people who hates Mariah and don’t listen to any of her songs are obsessed with it.

maybe by Xmas the #1 spot won’t be very competitive and even Mariah doesn’t break any Spotify record she can sneak the top stop at last xmas week
          What I meant was... that there will always be a current act with a hot new debut that will surpass her xmas classic. Hell, Mariah did the same to those before her with all her #1 debuts.
          My Chart

Comment

According to Spotify the song passed 20 million in 19 hrs. It has easily added another 10 million since. Mariah will NEVER re-claim that Spotify record. It's simply impossible. At the very most, I can see it do 20 million. But that's OK, too. I mean we are talking about a 51 year old woman here whose peak was in 1995.

However, we have a great season ahead of us. And even if AIWFCIY won't make it to #1 this year or ever again, we can expect a cute 5 week top 10 run again. Maybe the song could become song of the decade if this trend continues.

There are people on Ukmix who are already shading AIWFCIY. But that's OK. We love everybody.
            20 million in 19 hours is just phenomenal... No one could break it now even though Rihanna is back.. but I guess in 3 years AIWFCIY would eventually break the new record(probably more than 30 million?) We should remind ourselves that who has set the new record every year... It's Mariah. Adele is very exceptional bc she dropped the single after 5 year hiatus.
            Last edited by Anderson; Sat October 16, 2021, 03:06.

Comment

• So anyway…. I would love for them to actually capitalize off the Christmas hype this time and start the new era right after Christmas

Comment

• ^ agree.

I think there's more coming after Christmas, but I don't know if it will be a full proper era (even by Mariah standards where her eras have been shorter).

She has teased SO much that's very likely non-Christmas.
                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• She said there’s so much coming like never before. I wonder whats she’s being doing that we’ll get so many releases. I mean can she give more than what she already did in 2020?

Comment

• Also I want her to sample another hard hip hop song

Comment

• Wow they are really desperate. I don’t understand why they are still pushing the song

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                        Wow they are really desperate. I don’t understand why they are still pushing the song

because it's doing fine on the R&B charts

Comment

• It’s their song on their album… why would they not

Comment

• Everything about this is horrible.

roll 2 di

Comment

• Goldmoney, thank you for your kind words.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                It’s their song on their album… why would they not
                                The song peaked at number 30 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart in July… and they moved on to their Usher song in August. I find it weird that they are going back to Somewhat Loved. It’s like beating a dead horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

The song peaked at number 30 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart in July… and they moved on to their Usher song in August. I find it weird that they are going back to Somewhat Loved. It’s like beating a dead horse.
                                  Huh?

The song is still top 10 on airplay. In fact, it is one of the biggest songs on the format for the entire year.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      It’s so boring we can’t start discussing anything that it has to be stopped and controlled like Tommy Mottola days

No one is stopping you or anyone else from discussing anything.

I listed at least FOUR threads you may discuss Adele.

I also gave some leeway for final comments on the off topic discussion.

But this happens every time in this thread. A big release happens and this thread goes wild with commentary on said artist. A bunch of reports and complaints come in. Fights break out. People get infractions - at one point at least 4 or 5 people at once. This thread gets locked. More complaints come in. And then we move on. I dont post Mod instructions arbitrarily.

Let’s stop the mess and stick to Mariah please.

Comment

• The appetite for Christmas seems visibly weaker this year compared to last year. The pandemic, the lockdowns, the restrictions, all that likely contributed last year.

There's still time to catch up, of course, but let's manage our expectations a bit, the time is different..
                                        I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                          The appetite for Christmas seems visibly weaker this year compared to last year. The pandemic, the lockdowns, the restrictions, all that likely contributed last year.

There's still time to catch up, of course, but let's manage our expectations a bit, the time is different..
                                          I agree. I think it will explode later this year. It's going to be big by Black Friday, but not as soon as 2020. People needed Christmas after the terrible year we were in.

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• "Reach For The Sky" doesnt exist

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

Oh! which song could this be??
                                                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Today is National album day in Uk and Mariah is part of it with an Emotions pink vinyl edition. I've searched for it and it's pretty sold out everywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                    Today is National album day in Uk and Mariah is part of it with an Emotions pink vinyl edition. I've searched for it and it's pretty sold out everywhere
                                                    It's available at some local stores in the UK. People should check them out if they still want a copy!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X