No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I remember that song name came directly from Mariah so...

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    "Reach For The Sky" doesnt exist

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      AIWFCIY did 221k yesterday on Spotify... 1 year ago, it did an average of 240k. Let's hope we can catch that in the coming days.
      That number is not too bad considering the lack of Xmas promo from Mariah and the release Adele’s new single.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        It’s their song on their album… why would they not
        While we commend the effort, I think they are two months too late. This should have been done 2 months ago when the song entered the Top 10. Now the song is losing spins, on its way out of the chart by end of next week. Beating a dead horse as one said.

Comment

• What’s the name of the song starting at 2:10?

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
            But I remember that song name came directly from Mariah so...

Exactly…
            This is a quote from a website called mariahcarey.fandom.com :
            • "Reach For The Sky" was originally written for the "Charmbracelet" album. The song was written and produced by Carey and 7 Aurelius, at Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas, along with the songs "Subtle Invitation" and "There Goes My Heart", the former of which made the album and the latter of which was an added track on the Asian-only re-release. Carey mentioned the song in several interviews comparing it to her hit "Hero", and boasting of its live instrumentation and its Olympic Theme/Arena type sound. Fans and critics were shocked then, as the heavily promoted song was nowhere to be found when the album was released. When questioned about the song at the March of Dimes Awards, she said that she decided to include "My Saving Grace" on the album's final cut instead of "Reach For The Sky." The rumor is this was never fully recorded and finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
              What’s the name of the song starting at 2:10?

I think she just adlibs here... or maybe it's a line from Bring It on Home?
              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

It's available at some local stores in the UK. People should check them out if they still want a copy!
                It's sold out in every online store (I don't live in UK) which is a great thing because they're going to add other references in this kind of stuff (like record store day or Black Friday)

Comment

• I'm interested if Emotions is able to benefit on streaming as part of National Album Day, the album is featured on home page of Spotify in UK and hopefully it might actually chart again this week if the vinyl sales are high enough

Comment

• Originally posted by w1llll View Post
                    I'm interested if Emotions is able to benefit on streaming as part of National Album Day, the album is featured on home page of Spotify in UK and hopefully it might actually chart again this week if the vinyl sales are high enough
                    It sould be. The album is selling pretty well

Comment

• Adele's Easy on me set a new Spotify record scoring 19,749,704 in a single day...
                      She broke Mariah's record eventually...
                      But you know what? I'm pretty sure that AIWFCIY is gonna break it again in 2 months lol

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/g...ily/2021-10-15
                      Last edited by Anderson; Sat October 16, 2021, 11:48.

Comment

• I wonder if the Emotions pink vinyl will be available in other countries.

I mentioned this ages ago but I think she should sell limited edition CD singles. Maybe pressings of MC30 stuff?
                        I wonder if any of the labels have older physical singles in storage.
                        Last edited by Strat; Sat October 16, 2021, 12:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          Adele's Easy on me set a new Spotify record scoring 19,749,704 in a single day...
                          She broke Mariah's record eventually...
                          But you know what? I'm pretty sure that AIWFCIY is gonna break it again in 2 months lol

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/g...ily/2021-10-15
                          Yeah. That's likely. This is good news. I thought the song will reach as high as 25M.
                          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Huh?

The song is still top 10 on airplay. In fact, it is one of the biggest songs on the format for the entire year.
                            It’s only doing well in a very niche format on radio : Urban AC. I would not call the song a R&B hit… I just find it funny that they are not releasing a proper video and instead doing those weird lamb-driven promo initiative that nobody seem to care about
                            Last edited by Xmas; Sat October 16, 2021, 13:17.

Comment

• I just realised Mariah and Ariana collaborated in 2020,7 years after Ariana released her debut album in 2013.
                              Whitney finally collaborated with Mariah in 1998, 8 years after Mariah released her debut album in 1990.

It's almost like Mariah didn't want to acknowledge Ariana much earlier than Whitney did with her
                              I hope we get another non-christmas collab. A feature on Ariana's next album would be perfect. A sexy whispery-whistly bop with a high budget music video would smash so hard and go down in history

Comment

• Also I think Oh Santa will do even better numbers this year because Spotify has no reason to sabotage a year-old song and they're so gonna put the Ari and Mariah collab right up there with AIWFCIY and Santa Tell Me. It'll probably get much better playlisting than 2020.

Comment

• Mariah Carey's Merriest Christmas which is a Hallmark special is in Netflix. I wish St. John the Divine will be added there too.
                                  Last edited by carey18ph; Sat October 16, 2021, 13:45.
                                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                    The appetite for Christmas seems visibly weaker this year compared to last year. The pandemic, the lockdowns, the restrictions, all that likely contributed last year.

There's still time to catch up, of course, but let's manage our expectations a bit, the time is different..
                                    Last year Xmas music was huge for everybody not only Mariah. People were starving for some cheering up after the covid hit us, also most people were in locked down. This year will be very different

Comment

• So I know Jo Jo is a Mariah fan but I don't really know her music or anything but, damn, her new album is AMAZING.

Mariah better be calling her up and asking to jump on a B.I.D or Fresh New Sheets remix

Comment

• Too good to be true

Comment

• No song called "Never Enough"

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah should post the following Video on Nov 1:

Mariah sitting on a chair (like Adele) all windy, mobile in her hand saying „hello..... wait a moment“.... closing the windows cause it‘s too windy „Hey Adele, it‘s time to move on, it’s my Time now“

and than „All I want“ melody starts playing!

this would go viral as f@ck

Comment

According to Spotify the song passed 20 million in 19 hrs. It has easily added another 10 million since. Mariah will NEVER re-claim that Spotify record. It's simply impossible. At the very most, I can see it do 20 million. But that's OK, too. I mean we are talking about a 51 year old woman here whose peak was in 1995.

However, we have a great season ahead of us. And even if AIWFCIY won't make it to #1 this year or ever again, we can expect a cute 5 week top 10 run again. Maybe the song could become song of the decade if this trend continues.

There are people on Ukmix who are already shading AIWFCIY. But that's OK. We love everybody.
                                              Well Mariah didn't loose that record by much, just 2m.

Adele did 19,749,704 on its first day.

Mariah jumped over 4m from 2019 to 2020, assuming the growth on the platform continues to grow (albeit much slower these days) then she does have a good shot.

The fact that this little song is competitive against a hot artist who's just come back in 6 years is just something else.

I can't see these 17m+ being reached by any other artist in the next 1-2 years; perhaps maybe Rihanna or Britney (depending on how they spin the goodwill narrative of her comeback).

Comment

AIWFCIY did 221k yesterday on Spotify... 1 year ago, it did an average of 240k. Let's hope we can catch that in the coming days.
                                                Last year's under very different circumstances, this was when the 2nd wave started to bite in Europe and more people were staying at home. This year, most of the western countries have all re-opened.

And she has not promoted anything recently and staying very quiet (which is a good thing......no point announcing anything the week of Adele).

Looks like (well guessing anyway) she'll have a shorter but more focused and intense Christmas campaign this year.

Comment

Bye Bye is a platinum certified classic and a US top 20 hit. It also belongs to her 25 most streamed songs on Spotify right now with an average of 175k-180k weekly.

we love a classic.
                                                  Most of that is probably from Asia. LOL

Comment

• I’m not sure about that Voice news, but I hope it’s true for the simple fact that if she’s working with NBC, maybe there’s just a slight chance she would be booked for the SNL Xmas episode. Will probably never happen (I know all is lambs hope for this every year), but I would love to see her as a host/musical guest. Would be great exposure for her and MC always brings the ratings!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X