Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    So anyway…. I would love for them to actually capitalize off the Christmas hype this time and start the new era right after Christmas
    Those who think that releasing a new studio album right after Christmas is a good idea then they will be in for a rude awakening.

    She needs forces beyond her control to get anywhere near the Top 50 on the Billboard Hot 100.

    Comment


    • The good news is the race to be the first to hit 20m streams (filtered) outright on Spotify is up for grabs.

      The fact that we can even consider Mariah in that race is just INCREDIBLE

      I mean she was the first to lift it past 15m last year, can she do it again this year? The two biggest days of Christmas are on a Friday and Saturday this year.




      Comment


      • Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post
        Mariah should post the following Video on Nov 1:

        Mariah sitting on a chair (like Adele) all windy, mobile in her hand saying „hello..... wait a moment“.... closing the windows cause it‘s too windy „Hey Adele, it‘s time to move on, it’s my Time now“

        and than „All I want“ melody starts playing!

        this would go viral as f@ck
        And likely attract many more haters at the same time...

        Comment


        • Mariah over a piano ballad is just sublime.

          Comment


          • Somebody posted this on Pulse

            Can we take a moment to just digest this. 3 entries inside the Top 20: #2, #7 and #18.
            Track Name Artist Streams Day
            Easy On Me Adele 19,749,704 15-Oct-21
            All I Want for Christmas Is You Mariah Carey 17,223,237 24-Dec-20
            Last Christmas Wham! 15,813,799 24-Dec-20
            drivers license Olivia Rodrigo 13,714,177 15-Jan-21
            drivers license Olivia Rodrigo 13,701,177 14-Jan-21
            drivers license Olivia Rodrigo 13,628,143 13-Jan-21
            All I Want for Christmas Is You Mariah Carey 13,573,228 25-Dec-20
            drivers license Olivia Rodrigo 13,412,192 12-Jan-21
            good 4 u Olivia Rodrigo 12,586,645 25-May-21
            good 4 u Olivia Rodrigo 12,428,245 26-May-21
            Last Christmas Wham! 12,415,012 25-Dec-20
            Girls Want Girls (with Lil Baby) Drake 12,384,750 03-Sep-21
            good 4 u Olivia Rodrigo 12,292,053 27-May-21
            Santa Tell Me Ariana Grande 12,229,331 24-Dec-20
            good 4 u Olivia Rodrigo 12,200,817 24-May-21
            good 4 u Olivia Rodrigo 12,192,526 21-May-21
            drivers license Olivia Rodrigo 12,110,121 16-Jan-21
            All I Want for Christmas Is You Mariah Carey 12,028,987 24-Dec-19
            It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas Michael Buble 11,975,033 24-Dec-20
            Jingle Bell Rock Bobby Helms 11,924,353 24-Dec-20

            Comment


            • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
              The good news is the race to be the first to hit 20m streams (filtered) outright on Spotify is up for grabs.

              The fact that we can even consider Mariah in that race is just INCREDIBLE

              I mean she was the first to lift it past 15m last year, can she do it again this year? The two biggest days of Christmas are on a Friday and Saturday this year.



              AIW numbers will likely increase this Christmas since Spotify becomes available to more than 70 countries this year.
              A place in time still belongs to us...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                Too good to be true

                Someone has to be the naivest person on earth to believe in this made up story from a fake account lol

                Comment


                • As I'm laying in bed I'm hearing a remix of through the rain play at some party. Queen still bringing people together to have fun

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

                    AIW numbers will likely increase this Christmas since Spotify becomes available to more than 70 countries this year.
                    Though most are small markets right? I thought Korea could be big on Spotify but even Adele can only do 18k in that market....looks like they have other bigger platforms.

                    So Adele actually hit 24m in a full 24 hours cycle. Will be very hard to beat, but perhaps that 20m in 1 Spotify Chart date is still achievable.

                    I wonder how stable she'll be on Saturday.




                    Comment


                    • If only this was true...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                        Though most are small markets right? I thought Korea could be big on Spotify but even Adele can only do 18k in that market....looks like they have other bigger platforms.

                        So Adele actually hit 24m in a full 24 hours cycle. Will be very hard to beat, but perhaps that 20m in 1 Spotify Chart date is still achievable.

                        I wonder how stable she'll be on Saturday.



                        Spotify and Apple music can't be successful in South Korea... they are late starters in the country.
                        Melon has already monopolized the streaming market for a long time.

                        Comment


                        • I miss seeing Mariah in her christmas concerts.

                          Comment


                          • I wonder if Mariah is preparing to do some live performances since Liron said she’s on vocal rest

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                              I wonder if Mariah is preparing to do some live performances since Liron said she’s on vocal rest
                              Vocal “exercise” is equally important, I think. It’s like athletes and footballers, they are have regular trainings to make sure their performance is at the top of the game.

                              That’s why Mariah always sounds much better towards the end of a tour (Look at 2003, and her Xmas concerts in 2014). Rather than resting her voice, I hope she also spends sometime warming up her vocals daily.

                              Comment


                              • I wonder what she has in store this Christmas season.

                                She seems to be doing alot and a few surprises, though i have no idea what's for Christmas and what's for something else.

                                Comment


                                • I'd die for a Kelly and Mariah performance but I doubt it will happen. Prove me wrong. Please
                                  Rolling back the rivers in time...

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                    Someone has to be the naivest person on earth to believe in this made up story from a fake account lol
                                    Can you be nicer just for once? Thanks

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                                      Those who think that releasing a new studio album right after Christmas is a good idea then they will be in for a rude awakening.

                                      She needs forces beyond her control to get anywhere near the Top 50 on the Billboard Hot 100.
                                      You don’t know this… last time I checked you ain’t no expert either sis. And by after Christmas I don’t mean directly after. Feb single with April album.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post

                                        You don’t know this… last time I checked you ain’t no expert either sis. And by after Christmas I don’t mean directly after. Feb single with April album.
                                        Mariah needs streams more than she needs sales bc sales are dead. That is why I think an autumn release would be best for her.

                                        I know Caution did not at all benefit from its November release... maybe it was a month too close to the Mariah season.... but I also think that the butchered the era with those hideous single choices...

                                        Imagine her returning with Caution (song), + a cool video + some actual non-playback performances...

                                        Maybe next time.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • It would be nice if she could get an important feature in the first single

                                          Comment


                                          • she looked like a barbie doll in 2013

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

                                              Yeah. That's likely. This is good news. I thought the song will reach as high as 25M.
                                              I predicted like more than 30 million but thank god it's only less than 20 million. Mariah possibly could reclaim the record very soon.

                                              Comment


                                              • I thought this was an interesting statistic given the convo about Christmas music this year vs last

                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                Comment


                                                • Well, I don’t think Mariah will be doing SNL this year, since tonight’s episode made a joke at her expense.

                                                  The joke was about how Adele and Taylor’s new music coming out this Fall is starting the movement “Sad Girl Autumn”, so they said we are going from “Hot Girl Summer” to “Sad Girl Autumn” to be followed by “Messy Diva Christmas” and they showed a photo of Mariah.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I loved the joke!! Mariah shouldn't mind. Staying relevant, dahling ☺️
                                                    I can't even know what to say...

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X