Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

I’m going to keep this quick cause I know BTS talk is forbidden here but they originally reported around 20 millions streams on the first day of “Butter” but once they filtered streams from fans who did the mute and loop thing it sat around 12 million—which is still impressive. Yes, I know there’s a lot of songs that have “fake” streams that haven’t been filtered and yes, I know Butter TECHNICALLY held the record but not OFFICIALLY.
    Uh anything BTS related is just so wrong. Nothing against the boys, just their toxic fanbase.

You still some claiming xenophobia and racism cause cause they didn't highlight Butter to the same extent when they hit 20m with the help of fake streams.

I hope we'll live to see the day when Billboard changes the rules on website and digital sales and filter out bulk purchases. Probably by then they'll find a way to circumvent whatever rule Billboard has but at least it'll make it harder for them to debut at the top with their so called smashes only to see them drop out of the Top 100 as soon as their fanbase stops bulk purchasing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

The label wanted the album pushed moreso.

I think if it were up to Mariah, there would not have been so many "previews" to the album via instant grats.
      It's like showing half the album before it's even released. Very poor decision coupled with single releases on a Thursday.

Perhaps nothing can really help Caution debut higher but still, focus on the basics and MAKE IT COUNT dammit.

At this rate, we'll likely only be getting a few cheap photoshoots for the next MC16 release.

Comment

• Imagine one day she peaks higher on one of her albums thanks to vinyl releases.

An artist of her calibre should have more #1 albums

Comment

• Time to actually deliver on this Mimi......she was asked what sort of music genre she fits into and says varied.

Time to stop with the RnB dated sounds and give us POP variations again Mariah.

Comment

• Don't get our hopes up to high for another record breaking Christmas streams on Spotify....MC already tracking below last year. But yay! for Daydream

Comment

• How do you explain the massive drop for Charmbracelet?
              I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Goes to show that Diva schtick is one of the biggest things which has affected her career and the reason why she doesn't do so well Globally. Some markets (i.e. Europe) hate that sort of thing.

It's always used as a punchline against her and no one comes to her defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                  Don't get our hopes up to high for another record breaking Christmas streams on Spotify....MC already tracking below last year. But yay! for Daydream
                  I don’t think 2nd week of October streams will reflect its biggest day numbers. Christmas Eve is also a Friday this year and Fridays are generally the biggest day for streaming.
                  funny how one can learn
                  to grow numb to the madness
                  and block it away

Comment

• Somebody posted this on Pulse, Hot 100 Airplay debuts.

Radio was so supportive of the legends in the 90s.

Black or White - Michael Jackson - #10
                    I’ll Be There - Mariah Carey - #4
                    Erotica - Madonna - #2
                    That’s The Way Love Goes - Janet Jackson - #4
                    Fantasy - Mariah Carey - #8
                    All for You - Janet Jackson - #9
                    Born This Way - Lady Gaga - #8

Comment

• I'm happy about her Khalid collaboration but I still hope there's someone even bigger and more interesting featured in the special.
                      I think a jazzy rendition with Gaga would be amazing. Or the reunion of Destiny's Child, imagine.

Comment

• Her diva has been turned down since 2018 and Caution wasn’t dated at all, despite being R&B. The only thing lacking is promotion and exposure. She’s literally been doing everything right but people haven’t been giving af.

Comment

• 81 in mid weeks the UK lambs need to get streaming and buy Emotions on iTunes, let's help keep it in the chart this Friday we might then be able to find out it's total sales so far when the chart information is published

Comment

• I'm ready for some news. Be it a music update or a new pic or something. She has dropped off the face of the earth and I secretly hope she's pulling a 2017 when she fired that stupid hog who used to be her manager, then disappeared for weeks and finally emerged a gorgeous, refreshed, sexy ass woman. Do y'all remember?

Meemz, where you at???

Comment

• Also, can we all take a moment to stan Love Takes Time for a bit??

I rediscovered it recently and have fallen in love with it all over again.

I will LOSE it if Mariah ever does another ballad in that style: lyrics that allow her voice to breathe, a great bridge, an eruptive chorus, and production that highlights all of that. I really hope she'll do another ballad in that vein soon. Whew I gotta go listen to the song again now.

Comment

• It’s the fact that some fans are still expecting a full blown pop album since pre 1997. I understand it’s about musical taste and preferences but I think it’s time to put that to bed it’s exhausting there are no hints that she’ll ever go in that direction again.

And tbh the ‘diva’ jokes and her social media presence is what keeps her in the press these days. Like TheRealest said all Mariah needs is amazing music, a strong image and a great marketing plan and she can still have success.

TEOM era was huge in the U.K. and she was more diva than she is now.

Comment

• It’s ALMOST Mimi time…… we will see her on Halloween then we have TWO FULL MONTHS OF MARIAH MAGICCCCCCCCCC

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                    That “Uh-uh uh uh uh-uh-uh” part of Obsessed’s chorus is one of the catchiest things she’s ever done
                                    She got a ton of flack for it, since it was very similar to the chorus in Jamie Foxx’s song, Blame It.

Comment

• Today is the 28th anniversary of Hero

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                        Goes to show that Diva schtick is one of the biggest things which has affected her career and the reason why she doesn't do so well Globally. Some markets (i.e. Europe) hate that sort of thing.

It's always used as a punchline against her and no one comes to her defense.

Messy diva Christmas? is that compliment or mockery?
                                        From hot girl summer to sad girl autumn? what does that mean?

Comment

• Mariah with Lamborghini..
                                          I didn't even know that she has a driver's license..
                                          Last edited by Anderson; Tue October 19, 2021, 12:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                            Today is the 28th anniversary of Hero
                                            The beautiful Hero.
                                            I still love it as much as I did.

It was the song that properly introduced me to Mariah and made me a fan. And 28 years later here I am still.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                              It’s the fact that some fans are still expecting a full blown pop album since pre 1997. I understand it’s about musical taste and preferences but I think it’s time to put that to bed it’s exhausting there are no hints that she’ll ever go in that direction again.

And tbh the ‘diva’ jokes and her social media presence is what keeps her in the press these days. Like TheRealest said all Mariah needs is amazing music, a strong image and a great marketing plan and she can still have success.

TEOM era was huge in the U.K. and she was more diva than she is now.
                                              Exactly. Her last few years it's been a recovering image era after the Stella days. The book has helped a lot. But now she shows herself more down to earth than ever.

Comment

• Interesting reading

https://www.vulture.com/amp/article/...n-passing.html

The Fiction of the Color Line

Black women writers have long used passing stories to crack our façades of race, class, and gender.
                                                Despite the fact that Carey has never herself passed for white, ambiguity around her identity caused more than a few listeners to dismiss her as something of a “tragic mulatto,” a stereotype Carey and co-writer Davis were aware of from the jump. “What comes off as that … ‘tragic mulatto’ is when you just touch the surface of ‘nobody understood me,’ or ‘they treated me like this,’” Davis said last year. “If you don’t go all the way in, that’s how it feels.”

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                  Interesting reading

https://www.vulture.com/amp/article/...n-passing.html

The Fiction of the Color Line

Black women writers have long used passing stories to crack our façades of race, class, and gender.
                                                  Despite the fact that Carey has never herself passed for white, ambiguity around her identity caused more than a few listeners to dismiss her as something of a “tragic mulatto,” a stereotype Carey and co-writer Davis were aware of from the jump. “What comes off as that … ‘tragic mulatto’ is when you just touch the surface of ‘nobody understood me,’ or ‘they treated me like this,’” Davis said last year. “If you don’t go all the way in, that’s how it feels.”
                                                  That is such a great article. And it's not focusing on Mariah - it just thoroughly includes her experience into this topic.

I was also happy to see to see TMOMC as part of academic book club talks... Like this one: https://youtu.be/JJWGj52Kt-c

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

She got a ton of flack for it, since it was very similar to the chorus in Jamie Foxx’s song, Blame It.
                                                    I remember! And they were mad at the auto tune.. but her hottest and most controversial songs are the ones that have stood the test of time and I need more

Comment

Working...
                                                    X