Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I don't really understand why anyone thinks there is anything strange about this. Spotify might not even have been allowed to playlist it until the first week passed, seeing as it featured on the album which was an apple exclusive. That is literally how exclusives work. Who knows what the legal ramifications were. I mean fans just invented this "sabotage" thing and ran with it.
    Well, they added Oh Santa to top 10 for the following week only. It made no sense to change their position the week after, right before Christmas. They clearly didn't like the Apple deal and tried to get away with it.
    That's just how the business works. Ever since Nicki Minaj started doing Queen Radio on Apple, they have not promoted her releases much.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post

Well, they added Oh Santa to top 10 for the following week only. It made no sense to change their position the week after, right before Christmas. They clearly didn't like the Apple deal and tried to get away with it.
      That's just how the business works. Ever since Nicki Minaj started doing Queen Radio on Apple, they have not promoted her releases much.
      But the apple exclusive was for one week only so it makes perfect sense to me that they couldnt do anything for the first week while the album was an apple exclusive.
      Anyway, at the end of the day, if you decide to go exclusive with one company you risk not getting full support from the rival company - that is how business works. Mariah made the decision to go exclusive with Apple and if you agree that that is how business works calling it "sabotage" is a bit of a reach for me. Anyway, I doubt Mariah will pay much attention to Oh Santa this year - it is never going to rival the actual classic anyway, which is AIWFC. She doesnt need it.
      Last edited by InFamous; Wed October 20, 2021, 21:27.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

But the apple exclusive was for one week only so it makes perfect sense to me that they couldnt do anything for the first week while the album was an apple exclusive.
        Anyway, at the end of the day, if you decide to go exclusive with one company you risk not getting full support from the rival company - that is how business works. Mariah made the decision to go exclusive with Apple and if you agree that that is how business works calling it "sabotage" is a bit of a reach for me. Anyway, I doubt Mariah will pay much attention to Oh Santa this year - it is never going to rival the actual classic anyway, which is AIWFC. She doesnt need it.
        Yes, sabotage probably isn't the most accurate word.
        I believe Oh Santa is a sleeper hit and will go big organically. It will get good playlisting because Mariah and Ariana, and the algorithms will push it as well. It has a timeless and classic sound just like AIW does. I think it will already do better this year than it did in 2020

Comment

• Justin B. is releasing a cover of Rocking around the Christmas tree on 10/29

Comment

• What language is that woman speaking? Lol
            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

What language is that woman speaking? Lol
              Portuguese!
              She’s teasing, otherwise, why pick a person that speaks portuguese?
              Anitta collaboration??

Comment

So happy she brought back the “not yeeetttt”. ICONIC! I was afraid she was not gonna do it as everything was so quite recently. She got me excited. Mariah is coming!

Comment

• She looks bomb

Comment

• maybe anitta collab? funn cause it was circulating on twitter by any sources weeks ago that would be an mariah x anitta collab this year but it's hard to believe on those twitter accounts.
                    but anitta also said that she still can't believe she will be in one person's record and she'll only comes to her senses when she be on the studio cause it's the most unbelievable thing. and everybody knows she's mariah's biggest fan and she's obsessed with mariah. she also said they facetime many times and mariah calls her.

so maybe mariah putting that woman speaking portuguese is an easteregg like she did with AG MC JH chairs last year

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

Portuguese!
                      She’s teasing, otherwise, why pick a person that speaks portuguese?
                      Anitta collaboration??
                      Damn this is getting interesting.
                      Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                        maybe anitta collab? funn cause it was circulating on twitter by any sources weeks ago that would be an mariah x anitta collab this year but it's hard to believe on those twitter accounts.
                        but anitta also said that she still can't believe she will be in one person's record and she'll only comes to her senses when she be on the studio cause it's the most unbelievable thing. and everybody knows she's mariah's biggest fan and she's obsessed with mariah. she also said they facetime many times and mariah calls her.

so maybe mariah putting that woman speaking portuguese is an easteregg like she did with AG MC JH chairs last year
                        Who was the other artist mentioned? I think Ariana, Anita and someone else…
                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• “Not yet” is iconic.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Is the other woman wearing new merch?

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post

Who was the other artist mentioned? I think Ariana, Anita and someone else…
                              anitta, ariana and chloe x halle

Comment

• She looks incredible - very exciting to have her back after such long silence

Comment

• Can't wait for MC's latest music!

Comment

Justin B. is releasing a cover of Rocking around the Christmas tree on 10/29
                                    and I heard BTS is releasing a Christmas single too..
                                    This year will be very tough for Mariah

Comment

• BTS and Christmas?
                                      They should really let those boys take a break, at least in December..
                                      I can't even know what to say...

Comment

Justin B. is releasing a cover of Rocking around the Christmas tree on 10/29
                                        This was released on Amazon Music last year already.

But no one does Christmas like Mariah so I am sure she will add nice songs to the Christmas canon this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                          “Not yet” is iconic.
                                          I love that natural vibrato and her vocals sound pretty healthy as well.

Comment

• But a Mariah x Anitta collab would be weird… vocally.

I mean can Anitta like sing something else than sex songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

This was released on Amazon Music last year already.

But no one does Christmas like Mariah so I am sure she will add nice songs to the Christmas canon this year.
                                              Mariah is the ultimate queen of Christmas. They can try, but they can’t take that away from her.

I wonder why Justin is releasing this single again, maybe a remix or a duet with brenda?

Comment

• I can’t wait for the new Christmas songs!
                                                http://marcokircher.com
                                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                IG: marco235

Comment

• I think some people over estimate that just because an artist is current right now, how successful their Christmas themed single will be. You can be the most successful artist in the world and have a flop Christmas song.

BTS releasing a Christmas song doesn’t mean it will be a hit or that Mariah and the biggest Christmas song ever, is unsafe. Lol
                                                  Last edited by NorthernMonkey; Thu October 21, 2021, 13:22.
                                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Damn this is getting interesting.
                                                    It is!!! I hope is something new, a new rendition with more people. Imagine if it was Mariah + Ari + Kelly. I really want that! And then sing this live on The Voice would be amazing!

Oooh, This could be the collaboration with the Clark Sisters too. But, I was thinking that maybe this Joy to the World EP is the relaunch of MC30?
                                                    Last edited by elguachin; Thu October 21, 2021, 13:06.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X